Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Goodell defends destroying tapes

[size=13pt]Goodell defends destroying tapes[/size]

Friday, February 01, 2008

theredzone.org

PHOENIX (AP) In the face of congressional pressure over destroying evidence from the Spygate scandal, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell defended his actions Friday.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Goodell defends destroying tapes

"We wanted to take and destroy that information," he said. "They may have collected it within the rules, but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

:
    Yeah, because keeping the tapes certainly would have caused harm.

There was absolutely no reason the tapes needed to be destroyed & could have certainly been put away & locked up.

He ordered the destruction of evidence, plain & simple.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This was just plain wrong on Goodell's part. No one should destroy evidence. Who knows when or how the tapes may come into question again. And, it looks like they have. And to use the excuse that other teams do it is also wrong. Two "wrongs" don't make a "right," as the old saying goes.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Bad move on Goodell's part.
    I guess if the politicians can do it in much more serious situations why can't the people that are playing a game?
    Sad state of affairs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Senator wants to know why NFL destroyed Patriots spy tapes[/size]
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225539
    With the Super Bowl fast approaching, a senior Republican senator says he wants the NFL to explain why it destroyed evidence of the New England Patriots cheating scandal.

"I am very concerned about the underlying facts on the taping, the reasons for the judgment on the limited penalties and, most of all, on the inexplicable destruction of the tapes," said Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., in a Thursday letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
    But Len Pasquarelli from ESPN says Specter should keep his nose out of it.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3226214
    But I disagree. The press always uses the excuse, "The public needs to know." Now when the public is asking about it ESPN says they shouldn't have that right. Make up your mind Len, it can't be both ways.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    This was just plain wrong on Goodell's part. No one should destroy evidence. Who knows when or how the tapes may come into question again. And, it looks like they have. And to use the excuse that other teams do it is also wrong. Two "wrongs" don't make a "right," as the old saying goes.
    But three rights do make a left. ;D

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

The team and coach were fined and a draft pick was removed, there wasn't a long appeal, case was closed.
    Was Sen. Arlen Specter going to open this to congress to get his own limelight like the baseball hearings?
    Is Specter setting the stage to appeal the 2005 Super Bowl or Superbowl?

[img width=450 height=369]http://blog.nj.com/eagles/2008/02/large_nfl_spectorltr1.jpg[/img]

Shouldn't Spector be sticking to his vow to push for a law to stop the league from signing big TV contracts on behalf of the teams.

NFL Anit-trust

What ever happened to Specters "senate investigation into possible antitrust violations relative to the Owens/Eagles case."
    LINK

Dang Iggles fan

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think the tapes revealed too much about the patriots. I don't know anything about the subject, but a friend of a friend knows a guy who washes dishes at a restaurant Tom Brady ate at once. Long story short, the Patriots are cyborgs. When they first show up at minicamp Belicheck (the heartless 3/4 robot) turns his players into half man half machine.

Ever wonder how the Patriots get such high performance out of guys who should be over the hill. Moss, Seau, Bruschi, Harrison, Faulk.

Heres where things get a little strange, now I'm just thinking out loud. Goodell has every Transformer action figure that has existed since the 80's, surely he wants to be a cyborg too. Once he learned the pats awful secret, from watching there evil library of horrible videos, he cut himself a deal. In exchange for him destroying and then denying the existence of the pats whole secret library, Beli would turn Goodell into the most powerful business cyborg of all time.

Now when I'm wrapping my head in aluminum foil do i go clockwise or counterclockwise?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I think the tapes revealed too much about the patriots. I don't know anything about the subject, but a friend of a friend knows a guy who washes dishes at a restaurant Tom Brady ate at once. Long story short, the Patriots are cyborgs. When they first show up at minicamp Belicheck (the heartless 3/4 robot) turns his players into half man half machine.

Ever wonder how the Patriots get such high performance out of guys who should be over the hill. Moss, Seau, Bruschi, Harrison, Faulk.

Heres where things get a little strange, now I'm just thinking out loud. Goodell has every Transformer action figure that has existed since the 80's, surely he wants to be a cyborg too. Once he learned the pats awful secret, from watching there evil library of horrible videos, he cut himself a deal. In exchange for him destroying and then denying the existence of the pats whole secret library, Beli would turn Goodell into the most powerful business cyborg of all time.

Now when I'm wrapping my head in aluminum foil do i go clockwise or counterclockwise?
    Northern hemisphere....I believe it is clockwise

Didn't the Pats do some taping in Dallas 11/21/63 near a grassy knoll near a book depository

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    But three rights do make a left. ;D
    And two negative make a positive. -2 x -2=4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast