CanuckVike is offline Starter

Good Luck Saints

As the season starts today, I just want to say a big "Good Luck" to the Saints and all there fans this season...I don't know how they're going to get through it with all that has happened...can't see how they can be on the same level mentally with all the other teams.

In fact, I'll consider myself a "secondary Saint fan" this season...(I don't know about week three though!)...I just hope they win a few to give folks in the southeast U.S. a little bit of something to cheer about. God knows they need it.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Good Luck Saints

8-8 is an acheivement for them with all that is going on and being displaced like that. Also, having to paly in the Alomo Dome and a few extra road games. They are playing one home game on the Road (NYG) already.

Skol Vikes, Go Saints!

vikings6490 is offline Starter

Yeah, good luck to the Saints
    Thanks MF

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Hopefully they figure out the logistics of playing here at Tiger Stadium... I think the atmosphere will help them greatly; plus many of New Orleans are here in Baton Rouge anyways...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Hopefully they figure out the logistics of playing here at Tiger Stadium... I think the atmosphere will help them greatly; plus many of New Orleans are here in Baton Rouge anyways...
    I think they set in stone that one is in NY, and there will be 4 in the Alomo and that leaves three to be played in the Tiger's STADIUM.

I wasn't thinking about this until I read it but the reason why they didn't get the games a LSU was because they didn't want to have to worry about the refugees staying in Hotels getting kicked out so they could play football. I think they said that the Saints (and any NFL team) requires around 250-275 room, seems like a lot of rooms for one team.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I was just thinking - since some of their home games are actually being played on the road, what happens to the ticket sales, etc? Since its a home game, do the Saints get the money from Giants stadium? And what about parking, concessions, etc?

I'm just trying to think of this from the Saints' owners perspective. He has millions of dollars invested in this football team, and has only done this because he has expected to get million of dollars profit in return.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    I was just thinking - since some of their home games are actually being played on the road, what happens to the ticket sales, etc? Since its a home game, do the Saints get the money from Giants stadium? And what about parking, concessions, etc?

I'm just trying to think of this from the Saints' owners perspective. He has millions of dollars invested in this football team, and has only done this because he has expected to get million of dollars profit in return.
    I would assume that they make the ticket sales at the door and have to rent the stadium but I haven't heard if that is true or not. It works out great for the NYG fan. They will sell that stadium out no problem. It is so hard to get tickets for the NYG games that the non season ticket holders will gobble them up.

That is a good question you raised. I am sure we will here the answer in week three. One of the commentators will talk about it I am sure.

I know for sure that LSU wants money(rent) for the use of their stadium.

I also heard that the owners(or NFL) might be splitting the bill to help recoup cost like that or some lost revenue????????????????????????

I am glad the SAINTS won their game. You know that the Panthers are another team like the Vikes that were expected to win today. Crap Happens!

Honestly, I think both the Panthers and the Vikes will be in the playoffs when the season ends.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

man, I am so sick and tired of people rooting for the sorry ass saints. F the saints. All of these guys are rich and they all have homeowners insurance which means that everything is taken care off for them. Nice new homes, Nice new cars and nice new furniture so as far as I am concerned, F the saints.

I do feel really bad for the people of new orleans and the things that they have beeng going through.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think they set in stone that one is in NY, and there will be 4 in the Alomo and that leaves three to be played in the Tiger's STADIUM.

I wasn't thinking about this until I read it but the reason why they didn't get the games a LSU was because they didn't want to have to worry about the refugees staying in Hotels getting kicked out so they could play football. I think they said that the Saints (and any NFL team) requires around 250-275 room, seems like a lot of rooms for one team.
    That would be rooms for BOTH teams...plus media, support staff, etc.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE