Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

A good chance Manning will not be available for Vikes game

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/08/national-football-post-diner-talk-2/
    I talked to several people in the NFL yesterday who know things and they assure me that Peyton Manning’s knee is a huge concern for the Colts.
    Apparently Manning had to go through another procedure on his knee to clean things out after having his bursa sac removed last month.
    What is the most concerning is not the second operation (which the Colts are denying), but that they cannot control the swelling in Manning’s knee and any physical movement causes MORE swelling.
    Once he returns to the game, gets hit, has to place a load on the knee, and drive the ball, there can be swelling.
    All I know is that there is MUCH more here than meets the eye.
    Manning has the trainer come over to HIS home for rehab and is rarely seen.
    Now, I have been with some big-time quarterbacks in my career like Joe Montana and Rich Gannon and never have they rehabbed from home.
    I thought this was not an issue and that Manning would be back.
    However, after talking to my friends in the league, it’s clear that this is a HUGE concern short- and long-term for the Colts.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: A good chance Manning will not be available for Vikes game

Wow that would a shame if he can't
    play.
    I like Manning and the Colts.
    I had a knee problem like that and it took a long time to get sort of over it.
    I would get water on the knee a lot.
    I had to have the cartilage removed when I was 19 after it became detached when I was doing some climbing.
    If it keeps swelling he may not be playing much this year.

WWBGD

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I hope he plays. I want to beat a good opponent. I don't want a freebie.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Jilly is offline Coach

Part of me is excited about the possibility that he may not be playing on September 14th but I would rather know that the Vikings win this game knowing they beat the best players that the Colts have. I'm sure Indy is concerned about the potential damage our D could do to Manning.
    Who is his back up?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I hope Manning gets it together(fantasy team and all).
    If the Colts and Manning are playing this so close to the chest I don't know how much some of these NFL sources could have for info.
    That is unless they were Colts personnel, but I don't see that.
    Manning could very well be out, but it sounds like friend of a friend information and until the Colts or Manning say something I'm going to assume Manning plays the Vikings.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingMD" wrote:
    Part of me is excited about the possibility that he may not be playing on September 14th but I would rather know that the Vikings win this game knowing they beat the best players that the Colts have. I'm sure Indy is concerned about the potential damage our D could do to Manning.
    Who is his back up?
    Jim Sorgi and I believe 300lb Jared Lorenzen.
    I hope we can knock out Sorgi, and then Allen will have a field day chasing big Jared around all day.
    I'll take a freebie win any day, as one loss could very well keep us out of the playoffs (we all know what thats like)
    I had this game pegged down as a loss, but if we can win, playoffs should almost be guaranteed.
    if we go 2-0 again, We'd have good momentum going against Carolina, Tennesee and New Orleans, which will be tough, but winnable games.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Hell yes I'll take a freebie. You don't get any extra bonus points come playoff time for losing to a full strength team.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

i think what could end up happening is that manning will play their first game, because it will be the opening night of their new stadium. then he could possibly sit out against us with the field turf being rougher on the joints and all. but we are still talking about a guy that has started every game for the colts for ten years and i think he has only missed a couple snaps due to injury. but either way its our 53 guys vs theirs peyton or not a wins a win.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Not too sure but isn't their new stadium field turf as well? there is NO way if he isn't ready he plays the opener and sits the second game. This guy is their franchise>

duvaldomo is offline Coach

I hope hes alright by the starts of the regular season. the colts have to play the bears in week one and if they lose I think manning will play through against us so they wont go 0-2. And like someone said I want to beat a good team. If they win that would make us look very bad and if we win its because manning was out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast