Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Girls drool over Vanderjagt.

I hate this guy. I loved it when he went off about Manning a few years ago, and then they asked Manning about it and he said "I don't care that our idiot kicker got liquored up and ran his mouth"
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

why did we even get longwell we should have kept edinger... what ever happened to him ne ways
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Prophet Guest

"thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    why did we even get longwell we should have kept edinger... what ever happened to him ne ways
    KFFL
    NFL | Edinger will wait until training camp to sign with team
    Wed, 24 May 2006 19:23:22 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent PK Paul Edinger (Vikings) will wait until training camp to sign with an NFL team. He will wait for a franchise to grow unhappy with its kickers before choosing to sign a more reliable option. Edinger's name is expected to be at or near the top of most team's lists when kickers begin struggling during the summer and teams look for a replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KFFL
    NFL | Edinger looking to land a job; agent confident he will
    Thu, 18 May 2006 06:31:14 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports free agent PK Paul Edinger (Vikings) is still hoping to sign with an NFL team and his agent is confident he will. Agent Ken Harris said Edinger is training three times a week at his home in Florida, confident he'll sign somewhere sooner or later. "He's kicking so well on his own right now, I'm not really that concerned at this point if someone calls before camp starts in July or after camp starts," Harris said Wednesday, May 17. "Either way, the bottom line is to be in the right place." Harris said he has talked to five or six teams that could be in the market for a kicker this summer. Until an offer comes, agent and player are willing to bide their time.

I loved Edingers enthusiasm, and I might be biased, because I only saw his good games, but I liked him a lot.

But the fact is that Longwell is a great kicker, and we should keep him for a long time. You never know with kickers though. One year their on top of the world, and the next their on kick-off duty somewhere.
    -Canibus

Top_Speed is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Cowboys | Vanderjagt brings reliability to kicking game
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:00:06 -0700

Mac Engel, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys PK Mike Vanderjagt, the most accurate kicker in NFL history, brings stability to a position which has been troublesome for the team for many years. Over Vanderjagt's eight seasons, he has made 87.5 percent of his attempts. Over the same span, the Cowboys used seven different kickers who made only 72.3 percent of their attempts. Also, to refute the rumor that Vanderjagt is unable to kick outdoors, he points to his outdoor success rate of 87.3 percent of attempts made, which is almost as high as his indoor field goal percentage.
    Aren't the Girls getting a retractable roof stadium soon anyway?
    They need one! Cowboys Stadium is an outright dump (and even their own fans say that!)
    Home Sweet Dome...

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Cowboys | Vanderjagt brings reliability to kicking game
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:00:06 -0700

Mac Engel, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys PK Mike Vanderjagt, the most accurate kicker in NFL history, brings stability to a position which has been troublesome for the team for many years. Over Vanderjagt's eight seasons, he has made 87.5 percent of his attempts. Over the same span, the Cowboys used seven different kickers who made only 72.3 percent of their attempts. Also, to refute the rumor that Vanderjagt is unable to kick outdoors, he points to his outdoor success rate of 87.3 percent of attempts made, which is almost as high as his indoor field goal percentage.
    Aren't the Girls getting a retractable roof stadium soon anyway?
    They need one! Cowboys Stadium is an outright dump (and even their own fans say that!)
    The jewel of Texas a dump!? Blasphemy!

Doesn't Jerry Jones want a new stadium in some other city outside of Dallas or something?
    -Canibus

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

"Prophet" wrote:
    "thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    KFFL
    NFL | Edinger will wait until training camp to sign with team
    Wed, 24 May 2006 19:23:22 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent PK Paul Edinger (Vikings) will wait until training camp to sign with an NFL team. He will wait for a franchise to grow unhappy with its kickers before choosing to sign a more reliable option. Edinger's name is expected to be at or near the top of most team's lists when kickers begin struggling during the summer and teams look for a replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KFFL
    NFL | Edinger looking to land a job; agent confident he will
    Thu, 18 May 2006 06:31:14 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports free agent PK Paul Edinger (Vikings) is still hoping to sign with an NFL team and his agent is confident he will. Agent Ken Harris said Edinger is training three times a week at his home in Florida, confident he'll sign somewhere sooner or later. "He's kicking so well on his own right now, I'm not really that concerned at this point if someone calls before camp starts in July or after camp starts," Harris said Wednesday, May 17. "Either way, the bottom line is to be in the right place." Harris said he has talked to five or six teams that could be in the market for a kicker this summer. Until an offer comes, agent and player are willing to bide their time.
    that doesnt really make any sense... we should have just resigned him instead idk i guess i just liked him he was a good kicker
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    that doesnt really make any sense... we should have just resigned him instead idk i guess i just liked him he was a good kicker
    If you wanted him to make a 53-yarder, he was pretty darn good.

If you wanted him to make a 40-yarder, he was a nightmare.

Since more 40-yarders are kicked than 53-yarders, I'm glad to see him go.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I think he meant the cowgirls

Thanks PurpleMafia

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Colts | Vanderjagt happy to be away from team
    Mon, 5 Jun 2006 07:48:29 -0700

Paul J. Weber, of the Associated Press, reports Dallas Cowboys PK Mike Vanderjagt is happy to be away from the Indianapolis Colts. Vanderjagt felt welcomed by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and head coach Bill Parcells. He said, "I feel like (Cowboys owner) Jerry Jones and (coach) Bill (Parcells) feel like they've got somebody here that's going to probably win them two or three more games than they would have won last year. I feel very much wanted and needed here, and it's been a while since I felt that way." Vanderjagt recently said Colts president Bill Polian decided he wasn't capable of kicking off and that "there's a lot of things Indy as an organization needed to improve" last year besides his missed field goal against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC divisional playoffs. Vanderjagt is looking forward to the opportunity to win the kickoff job with the Cowboys and hopes to erase the memory of his last kick with the Colts. He added, "Michael Jordan missed game-winning jump shots, Tiger Woods missed putts. Does that mean they're not as good as you think they are? I'm the best kicker in the history of the game regardless of whether I missed my last kick or not, and that's the way I look at it."
    I just literally fell out of my chair laughing after reading that part of the quote from Vanderjagt.

He isn't even the best kicker right now. Hell, he could be as far back as 3 or 4 maybe even 5 next year on the top kickers list. Man, I knew he had an ego, but now I'm sure its due to brain damage or something.
    Retired 12/21/08

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast