Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Giants vs Packers is NFC Championship game

it's so unreal...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    4. I am so sick of the "Slobbering over the Microphones" over Brett Farve by these so-called un-biased announcers in the booth and on the field I could blow chunks every two minutes listening to these guys during ANY Packers game....it's been especially bad during the end of 07 and into the Playoffs.
    Even as a Packer fan I will tell you that it is over the top... I understand the feel good portion of the story, about him making a statistical turnabout and whatnot, but there are 50 some other players making the run as well.

And truth be told, Brett this year vs the last couple isn't very different, just the talent and playcalling around him is different. He might be a little more controlled, but the fire and have fun attitude has always been there.

I suspect we will be seeing the "underhand toss" on the highlight reels for years to come.
    Is there a name for it yet, e.g. like the "Immaculate Reception"?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMike" wrote:
    I suspect we will be seeing the "underhand toss" on the highlight reels for years to come.
    Is there a name for it yet, e.g. like the "Immaculate Reception"?
    I would rather watch that highlight then have to listen to another announcer fall over himself to praise Favre. For me, I enjoy the way he plays the game, with a passion and he remembers that it is just a game. However we don't need every joe blow announcer telling us.. you can watch him and know how special a player he is. Like all greats, just sit back and enjoy the watch.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

The only thing I dread with the Packers making the SB is the fact we'll be hearing about it for the next 50 years.

I like this Packers team, they are young, inspired players who seem to have the ability to win and play with heart.
    What bothers me, is that they are Packers.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Loved the post my friend.
    Great job, just a couple of comments and additional observations.....

"Frostbite" wrote:
    wow....very interesting weekend wasn't it. Congrats to all the winners. A few observations

2. Watching the patriots (Again) it is so obvious why they win games. It's not only the tallent, but the diversity in HOW that tallent is used. So many different sets...so many options for Brady to look at. They keep defenses guessing most of the time, and back on there heels. I wish our O-Coordinator would get a clue about how to so this with AD, Rice, Tavaris, Taylor, Wade etc. More tallent aquired in the off-season will help, but more imagination on how these guys are used would make a huge difference too.
    I wonder how our O-coord would do with that kindof talent vice what he has.

2 year QB TJ vs Brady HOF QB
    Our OL vs the Pats OL.
    2nd year into a new blocking scheme.
    1rst year they have all played together.
    Did you see the time Brady had to throw the ball.
    Hell he didn't even break a sweat.

Rice/B-wade/Fergy vs Moss/Welker/Stalworth

Long story short, not alot of R's on that squad my friend.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/roster?team=nwe

6. Where are all the fans that think Eli Manning isn't so good?? Seem to remember some of our fan base (Vikings) saying in past threads about T.Jack and his troubles, that they wouldn't want Eli in Minnesota ether because he couldn't win/perform with any consistancy. Looks pretty good to me folks.
    I think most of us (me included) really thought Eli hadn't quite reached his potential coming into this year.
    I for one think we have (especially over the last 3 games) watch the "Light Bulb" come on in his head.

I am sure if you talked with Coach Coughlin he would say things like "Part of the Maturation Process", "He mangaged the game", "The team playded well around him" etc etc.

I sure hope he keeps his head in the game come next Sunday.

Couple of other observations......

There are no more "touchy feely", "Players Coach" coaches left anymore.
    All the fun coaches are now home eating popcorn.
    Bet a certain Dallas coach wouldn't have given his team 3 days off to "Get Away" from football during the actual football season.

Has anyone noticed that the teams going into this weekend don't/didn't have any off field issues related to the law?

The teams that won this weekend had players go down but someone came in and filled thier role.
    Depth is huge.
    A organization that tries to build a team via FA and doesn't draft well has no depth.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Our OL vs the Pats OL.
    Part of that was also the Jag's game plan.
    They had said that they weren't going to blitz Brady, instead relying on their standard rush and covering receivers.
    That turned out well...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Our OL vs the Pats OL.
    They had said that they weren't going to blitz Brady, instead relying on their standard rush and covering receivers.
    That turned out well...
    For prespective though on the o-line blocking, the Packers are only in their second year of the ZBS and although they have had some inconsistent games for the most part they have the system down and we run as many if not more different sets than the Pats and looks for the line to have to adjust to. Either the players aren't buying in or the coaches aren't getting the inner workngs of the system in place. IMO.. not trying to cause a problem, just comparing.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    The only thing I dread with the Packers making the SB is the fact we'll be hearing about it for the next 50 years.
    I hear ya on that.
    I'll be happy for Pack93z, bono, and a couple of other cool pack fans.
    But the majority of them that I know just rub it in our faces.
    I'll have a hard time cheering for the pack for just that reason.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Our OL vs the Pats OL.
    That turned out well...
    For prespective though on the o-line blocking, the Packers are only in their second year of the ZBS and although they have had some inconsistent games for the most part they have the system down and we run as many if not more different sets than the Pats and looks for the line to have to adjust to. Either the players aren't buying in or the coaches aren't getting the inner workngs of the system in place. IMO.. not trying to cause a problem, just comparing.
    I hear you thoughts on the comparison but what you guys have a QB that can read a defense and make a quick decision.
    Additionally, you guys pretty much stuck to the pass early in the season and didn't switch back and forth between the run/pass as we did this year.

The QB and your lack of running early in the year are the big contributor to why your line appears to be jelling.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"SKOL" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I hear ya on that.
    I'll be happy for Pack93z, bono, and a couple of other cool pack fans.
    But the majority of them that I know have to rub it in our faces.
    I'll have a hard time cheering for the pack for just that reason.
    Thanks bud.. I hope those Packer fans handle it with more class than you expect them to.. but alas there are some in every base that don't know the meaning of sportsmanship and respect. Playful jokes are one thing.. verbal assaults and grinding it in are completely another.

Plus, the worm will turn someday and growing up in the 70's and 80's.. those lean years teach you a thing or two about how it feels to lose. Cheer for the NFCN ... happy medium.
    ;D

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast