Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Strahan: Giants should dump Shockey

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Is he better than someone you could pick up in the second round.
    Personally, I would say yes.

Really, because Shannon Sharpe, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Chris Cooley, etc. were all drafted after the second round.

Shockey has talent, but is injury prone and has a bad attitude.
    how many other TEs were picked after the 2nd round that havent had anywhere near the success of the guys you just listed? at least a hundred
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

A trade with the Saints is an ideal place for Shockey who wants to be an integral part of the offensive scheme.
    The Saints passed the ball more than any other team last year (i think), and Brees is an accomplished, mature QB that can dole out the receptions to all of his receivers while commanding respect in the huddle.
    Brees won't put up with any of Shockey's shit either.
    Shockey should have a
    big year.

if you catch balls over the middle of the field, brees is gonna get it to you..just look t colston..hes a big, TE type of receiver, and he catches a majority of his passes over the middle..with shockey there too, theyl both be even better
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Really, because Shannon Sharpe, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Chris Cooley, etc. were all drafted after the second round.

how many other TEs were picked after the 2nd round that havent had anywhere near the success of the guys you just listed? at least a hundred
    That was not my point, I was contending with the statement made by snowinapril that Shockey is better than someone you could pick up in the second round, whereas history has clearly shown superior players that were obtained after the second round or not drafted at all.

Again it all comes down to, are the character problems, injury issues and salary worth the production you'd get out of a #3 WR, because I'm pretty sure Shockey is not really known for his blocking.

Keep in mind this guy hasn't played a full 16 games in his whole career.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

That was not my point, I was contending with the statement made by snowinapril that Shockey is better than someone you could pick up in the second round, whereas history has clearly shown superior players that were obtained after the second round or not drafted at all.

Again it all comes down to, are the character problems, injury issues and salary worth the production you'd get out of a #3 WR, because I'm pretty sure Shockey is not really known for his blocking.

sure, you can make that statement, but you ignored the fact that the likelihood of finding a 'steal of the draft' type player there is low..so if you were simply trying to say its possible, then yes, you are right, but its highly unlikely

in terms of character issues, the saint felt it was a good move to make so nobody can really second guess them until we find out

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

sure, you can make that statement, but you ignored the fact that the likelihood of finding a 'steal of the draft' type player there is low..so if you were simply trying to say its possible, then yes, you are right, but its highly unlikely

in terms of character issues, the saint felt it was a good move to make so nobody can really second guess them until we find out
    In almost every draft, I'm sure there is 1 TE I'd rather have than Shockey in the 2nd round or lower.
    The key of course is finding that player, but it's not like they're not there.

I still maintain Shockey is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Shockey isn't overrated, he is just deemed a problem....... like Moss, Owens, PacMan...................

I do have a problem with his injuries, not with what he does on the field.
    I haven't watched enough games to know if he can block, but he can catch. Plus he does score points.

There isn't one right or wrong opinion, this topic is debatable through and through.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That should help the saints and also help the Giants. He has a ton of talent if they can keep him happy. Good luck

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Shockey isn't overrated, he is just deemed a problem....... like Moss, Owens, PacMan...................

I haven't watched enough games to know if he can block, but he can catch. Plus he does score points.

There isn't one right or wrong opinion, this topic is debatable through and through.
    Except he doesn't produce like Moss or Owens...and PacMan is not rated very highly at all.

Injuries limit his ability to produce on the field.
    A lot of player can catch, and jusging by how well the Giants did without him, he wasn't that important to their success anyway.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Except he doesn't produce like Moss or Owens...and PacMan is not rated very highly at all.

Injuries limit his ability to produce on the field.
    A lot of player can catch, and jusging by how well the Giants did without him, he wasn't that important to their success anyway.
    Giants did better because their D started putting massive pressure on opposing QBs and Eli didn't make any foolish mistakes.
    It wasn't that their replacement TE stepped up and really helped carry the team places Shockey couldn't.

It's always a shame when a players personality over-rides their God given abilities... a true shame.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast