Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Giants, Jets unveil design of new $1.3 billion stadium

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I am much more impressed with the Cowboys new stadium than this one.
    I figured for 1.3 BIL they would get something more than that...than again it is just a preliminary sketch, so who knows how accurate it is.
    They are probably kicking in some additional money for the proposed train link to NY's Penn Station. Anybody who's ever been to a Giants or Jets game knows what hell it is to get out of the Meadowlands. You may as well tailgate for a few hours after the game...you would be sitting in your car anyway.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Jviking" wrote:
    I'll bet Ziggy is hating this...

It's not Ziggy's faolt, you need a new Gov. over there in MN...

And believe me, I can throw a rock from where the Giants and Jets play, and it will land in NY.......Thats how close it is to the boarder for all you who don't know.......

It might actually be NJ, but it's really NY if you ask me....And I've been there plenty...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    After a bit of research I found the Colts new stadium seats 63,000, has a retractable roof, giant retractable side windows, and what I consider to be a really nice architectural design.

The price? 675 million. Last I heard Wilf's number was around a billion. No, Lucas Oil won't be the creme de creme of new stadiums, but it is damned nice, and i would love a similar stadium in Minnesota. Is Wilf's asking price too high. Is this real estate maverick being a bit too greedy?
    When was the deal struck for the Colts stadium?

=Z=
    I do believe it was early in 2005.
    I know they broke ground in Sept 2005.
    Lucas oil paid 120 million for naming rights to the stadium for 20 years.
    You would think the Vikings would be able to get some type similar deal.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    After a bit of research I found the Colts new stadium seats 63,000, has a retractable roof, giant retractable side windows, and what I consider to be a really nice architectural design.

The price? 675 million. Last I heard Wilf's number was around a billion. No, Lucas Oil won't be the creme de creme of new stadiums, but it is damned nice, and i would love a similar stadium in Minnesota. Is Wilf's asking price too high. Is this real estate maverick being a bit too greedy?
    When was the deal struck for the Colts stadium?

=Z=
    I do believe it was early in 2005.
    I know they broke ground in Sept 2005.
    Lucas oil paid 120 million for naming rights to the stadium for 20 years.
    You would think the Vikings would be able to get some type similar deal.
    I drove through there last August and a lot of the skeleton was already up.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

I wouldn't say too much around <B>HIS<B/> son...Who I believe is the teamsters head honcho right now....

On a side note about unions....My uncle had a job in the 50's at a body shop and for under the table cash he would wire cars a certain way to prevent union/teamsters bosses from having bombs wired to their ignition....crazy stuff....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:

If you look at this site

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/CowboysStadium.htm

The Cowboys stadium is also supposed to come in at 650 million and seat 80,000. I certainly think Wilf has added alot of fluff to the design that the state has no obligation to find money for but you also have to take into consideration that construction costs are soaring due to the high cost of oil and it's impact on everything from dirt removal to the cost of PVC. The sad fact is if Wilf had submitted plans for a stadium the first year and paid for it entirely by himself it would have cost him less than his share will eventually be even with state contribution.

Our city is working on a project that was supposed to cost 1.3 million dollars, but because of engineering delays that pushed the project back 3 years, the cost has escalated to 2.9 million this year. He should just build it himself and get the ball rolling.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

If you look at this site

The Cowboys stadium is also supposed to come in at 650 million and seat 80,000. I certainly think Wilf has added alot of fluff to the design that the state has no obligation to find money for but you also have to take into consideration that construction costs are soaring due to the high cost of oil and it's impact on everything from dirt removal to the cost of PVC. The sad fact is if Wilf had submitted plans for a stadium the first year and paid for it entirely by himself it would have cost him less than his share will eventually be even with state contribution.

Our city is working on a project that was supposed to cost 1.3 million dollars, but because of engineering delays that pushed the project back 3 years, the cost has escalated to 2.9 million this year. He should just build it himself and get the ball rolling.
    The Cowboys stadium will not cost $650 million.
    It's more than $1 billion.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/10/jerry.jones0716/index.html

Jones, who did not answer to budget here any more than he did in the Oklahoma oil fields, did not stint on anything, even when the original cost of $650 million ballooned to $1 billion. The city of Arlington's share was capped at $325 million, meaning that Jones pays for every add-on doodad -- such as two 60-yard-wide flat screens hanging over the field -- out of his pocket, 100%. "And I'm an adder-oner," he says.
    People want to get on Wilf, but they forget that it is others who want the roof that's adding $300 million to the cost.
    And those deals were done years back, when the lending/credit industry wasn't in the shitter and construction costs were cheaper.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

If you look at this site

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/10/jerry.jones0716/index.html

Jones, who did not answer to budget here any more than he did in the Oklahoma oil fields, did not stint on anything, even when the original cost of $650 million ballooned to $1 billion. The city of Arlington's share was capped at $325 million, meaning that Jones pays for every add-on doodad -- such as two 60-yard-wide flat screens hanging over the field -- out of his pocket, 100%. "And I'm an adder-oner," he says.
    People want to get on Wilf, but they forget that it is others who want the roof that's adding $300 million to the cost.
    And those deals were done years back, when the lending/credit industry wasn't in the shitter and construction costs were cheaper.

=Z=

Construction cost are thru the ceiling right now.
    Having done concrete for 25 years, and knowing that Stadiums have a hell of alot of rebar and concrete LOL....That doesn't help..

Rebar and concrete alone have almost doubled in price, in less than a two year span......One of the reasons I got out of it.....Customers just don't understand....

Hell, just go get a masons tub and mix it yourself i say,
    It's easy...... :

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

If you look at this site

=Z=
    That is where you hit my point. That 650 million dollar figure was the initial price when it was designed a few years ago but the pricetag has skyrocketed. It will more than likely end up in the 1.25-1.3 Billion range before it is finished and ours hasn't even been approved. By the time he gets anything through the legislature the 900 million figure he has today will be more like 1.3 billion when adjusted for price increases and then by the time you factor in the price increases over the 3 year construction cycle you might as well figure 1.5- 1.7 billion or more.
    By the same token if he had just bit the bullet and built it himself right off the bat he probably would have been able to complete it for less than a billion, which is probably less than he will ultimately kick in under any agreement.

Then factor in the extra 2-3 years of higher revenue that he would have generated by having the stadium open earlier and it seems the better way to go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234