Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Giants cut Freeman

The Giants signed Freeman a little more than a month ago to join the mix of candidates for the backup quarterback job next season, but his stay came to an end on Friday. The Giants announced that they have released Freeman well ahead of the end of spring work.

Giants release Josh Freeman | ProFootballTalk
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Well that did not last that long for Josh now did it!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    What happened to this guy? I remember the game at the dome where he kicked our ass,posed stood in the pocket and threw a great ball. Must just have gotten lazy, I bet that was his last NFL job.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't think he has hit rock bottom. Something tells me there is more to this story than we know, like drugs or alcohol behind the scenes.

If it is just attitude, he will have to have everyone turn their backs on him to humble him before he thinks anything needs to be fixed, and even then... well. Look at TO and Moss; both were unbelievable talents, but they didn't finish their careers as they should have due to an inflated expectation because of who they WERE.

You would think these guys would only need to look at players like Montana and Rice to see the NFL is all about "what can you do for me NOW!" and they need to prove themselves at the beginning of every year. What you did last year means nothing.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I sit back and chuckle as I remember all the fans posting how it was the Bucs staffs fault with respect to Freemans lack of productivity.

Seems maybe their comments about how he had a poor work ethic and couldn't learn how to read a defense or the offense was spot on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I sit back and chuckle as I remember all the fans posting how it was the Bucs staffs fault with respect to Freemans lack of productivity.

Seems maybe their comments about how he had a poor work ethic and couldn't learn how to read a defense or the offense was spot on.
    Read a defense? He couldn't even hit a dump pass.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Read a defense? He couldn't even hit a dump pass.
    No doubt, his issues in the Giants game had nothing to do with his readiness, he just flat out couldn't get the ball to go where he wanted.

Time to go hit the clubs with Vince and reminisce about the good times.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    No doubt, his issues in the Giants game had nothing to do with his readiness, he just flat out couldn't get the ball to go where he wanted.

Time to go hit the clubs with Vince and reminisce about the good times.
    It is sad too, because underneath it all, there IS a great player there.

I REALLY think there is more to this story, so I hope he can put his demons to rest. Too many teams have passed on him now for this to just be "bad attitude".
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics