Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Getting sick of Chad Johnson

I like Chad.
    Yes, he is drawing the spotlight to himself, but he is doing so in a way that is fun for the fans, and not degrading the rest of the team like other WRs who shale remain nameless...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't say I'm offended by show boating, it's just a nuisance.
    Play the game, earn your keep and move onto the next play.
    CJ or any of the other clowns can do their showboating, but the entertainment for me is watching the battles on the field.
    The showboating falls into the commercial category and isn't part of the game.
    If it gets you off, have fun with it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like Chad.
    Yes, he is drawing the spotlight to himself, but he is doing so in a way that is fun for the fans, and not degrading the rest of the team like other WRs who shale remain nameless...
    Absolutely. The guy is excellent for the game. He brings excitement to everythign he does. He doesn't take steroids. He doesn't get arrested. He doesn't beat up his wife. The worst thing he does is do a ten second tango in the endzone? He doesn't offend anyone. He doesn't call anyone out on the field. He doesn't taunt. You can't tell me that as a true football fan you were interested in the Falcons/Bengals highlights from yesterday b/c you wanted to see how Micheal Jenkins (besides Ultra) peformed. He brings nothing but positive energy to the field, all in the spirit of competition. thug? please.

What's to be sick of? His excitement, spontanaeity, talent, hard work are nothing but poistives for a game shrouded in sex boat scandals, multiple arrests (see Chris Henry), drunk driving incidents, spousal abuse cases, etc, etc....

people have to recognize some fun and innocent humor when they see it. lighten up.

How do ya like them apples?!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    I wouldn't say I'm offended by show boating, it's just a nuisance.
    Play the game, earn your keep and move onto the next play.
    CJ or any of the other clowns can do their showboating, but the entertainment for me is watching the battles on the field.
    The showboating falls into the commercial category and isn't part of the game.
    If it gets you off, have fun with it.
    Well put Acumen.

I am sure if you ask Chad, "do you realize that you are taking something away from the game," he would say, "I am just trying to add to it."

It is all about how one sees it.

Del Rio Guest

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like Chad.
    Absolutely. The guy is excellent for the game. He brings excitement to everythign he does. He doesn't take steroids. He doesn't get arrested. He doesn't beat up his wife. The worst thing he does is do a ten second tango in the endzone? He doesn't offend anyone. He doesn't call anyone out on the field. He doesn't taunt. You can't tell me that as a true football fan you were interested in the Falcons/Bengals highlights from yesterday b/c you wanted to see how Micheal Jenkins (besides Ultra) peformed. He brings nothing but positive energy to the field, all in the spirit of competition. thug? please.

What's to be sick of? His excitement, spontanaeity, talent, hard work are nothing but poistives for a game shrouded in sex boat scandals, multiple arrests (see Chris Henry), drunk driving incidents, spousal abuse cases, etc, etc....

people have to recognize some fun and innocent humor when they see it. lighten up.
    Damn, I guess someone had to pick up the slack when Mother Terassa died huh?

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"Del" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like Chad.

gol 'darnit, I guess someone had to pick up the slack when Mother Terassa died huh?
    i didnt say he was a saint, but he's not the THUG like some people are making him out to be.

How do ya like them apples?!

Del Rio Guest

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like Chad.

gol 'darnit, I guess someone had to pick up the slack when Mother Terassa died huh?
    i didnt say he was a saint, but he's not the THUG like some people are making him out to be.
    I think I was the only one who mentioned thug, and what I meant was a thug mentality. The bling the showboating. I didn't mean he was a thug in real life. He is never in trouble.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like Chad.

I agree.
    I was actually diappointed when the Falcons/Bengals wasn't on my local channels.
    But I did make it a priority to watch ESPN later in the day...

I think Chad Johnson is fun to watch.
    If you don't like the TD celebrations, that is OK, but I can't see how it takes away from the rest of the game anymore than beer commercials or HBO trivia in the dome... Yes it is commercial and not really part of the game, but as long as the Cinnci fan base is enjoying it, I say let him go.
    In all honesty, they are the ones he is preforming for not us...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"tjohnson" wrote:

Maybe he is just doing all this to distract us from all the negatives on his own team.
    Maybe this is therapy for him to deal with his own teamates.
    If that is the case, that makes it all better.
    I like it now.
    It serves a purpose.
    ;D

I think that might have been sarcasm, my bad for using a low form of humor. Cue the Puff of Smoke, BooYah!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    ...I think that might have been sarcasm, my bad for using a low form of humor.
    Sarcasm and subtle humor is on the higher end of the humor spectrum.
    People that don't get it just put it on the lower end of the humor spectrum.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast