Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Getting sick of Chad Johnson

chad(or should i say ocho cinco) is hilarious and people wil come to the game or watch the game just to see what he does...plus he is a great talent so he can back up what he does.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Del Rio Guest

Wow if someone says TD celebrations are disgraceful your going to shoot someone? lmao wow.....just wow.....

If he was on my favorite team I may be annoyed by it. I'm not a fan of the guy personally he has kids spread out from coast to coast and he seems like a pretty irresponsible guy.

However in my recent SI it has an article on him and it says that he never puts himself above the team. The coach is in charge and Chad is very respectful of that. His teamates feed off of him.

I agree with the NBA analogy. It's the street ballin street thuging thing to do I suppose and your going to attract a certain kind of fan who gets off on that. I am more impressed by the guys that act like it is no surprise they found the endzone. Guys that have the attitude of I scored and it is nothing new.

I do not think Chad Johnson hurts his team though even with his dances. As long as he is drawing that double team then I bet his team is fine with it lol.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

However in my recent SI it has an article on him and it says that he never puts himself above the team.
    SI musta been absent at halftime of the Ben-Gals loss to the Steelers in the playoffs last year when Chad cussed out the coaches (even got a fight with one) because he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him enough.
    Yup, he's ALL FOR THE TEAM!
    If he's put as much effort into playing football as he does in his celebrations and crazy stuff he comes up with to entertain, he'd be a better ballplayer.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    However in my recent SI it has an article on him and it says that he never puts himself above the team.
    SI musta been absent at halftime of the Ben-Gals loss to the Steelers in the playoffs last year when Chad cussed out the coaches (even got a fight with one) because he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him enough.
    If he's put as much effort into playing football as he does in his celebrations and crazy stuff he comes up with to entertain, he'd be a better ballplayer.
    He's more entertainer than WR.
    Is the hair, gold teeth and stupid dancing necessary?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I'm also of the 'look like you've been there before' school.
    If you're watching the game so you can see the celebrations more power to you, if I want to be entertained by watching a dance I won't be going to an NFL game to do it.

So, now I'm on another person's hit-list.
    Good luck.
    I don't go down easily.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    They mentioned that, they also went on about how in the very same altercation he made it right by apologizing and going on about a team effort.

They basically portrayed him as a guy who will run his mouth but not against his team, and he will run his mouth but not against people who are his potential cash cow's. He will not shoot himself in the foot and ruin a money opportunity like
    T.O or a Moss. You don't see T.O on many commercials lol.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I see nothing wrong with Chad Johnson.He isnt out at strip clubs, shootin people up.He isnt in front of the media every week complaining about "lack of passes his way."
    He may have a big mouth, which he opens quite often.But I think noone will disagree when I say he backs it up.

He adds a lil fun and excitement to the game, which I hope he continues for the rest of his career!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Hate to break it to you but football is entertainment.
    He does a great job getting the fans involved.
    I dont understand how people can think this game is that important to get upset with a man playing a kids game and having fun doing it, so what if he dances in the endzone, does that really show up the other team?
    T-O showed up the cowboys by going to the middle of the field after a TD, that was a little disrespectful.
    I dont understand how a guy does a mexican dance in the endzone by himself is showing up the other team.
    I would love to have T-Jack throwing the ball to a guy like chad jolhnson in the future.
    I am sure you would love to have troy, a guy who wont be more than a #3, he cant catch, cant get into the endzone, but hey, he doesnt do a dance in the endzone.
    You republican whore!

Del Rio Guest

Competition is more then entertainment to the human spirit. Some people value different aspects of competition, show-boating does offend some people.

We all know there is no right or wrong answer. Whatever makes it work for each of us I suppose.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:
    chad(or should i say ocho cinco) is hilarious and people wil come to the game or watch the game just to see what he does...plus he is a great talent so he can back up what he does.
    I don't watch him.
    I am just sick of him.

"getting" ? ? ? ?

More like "HAVE BEEN!"

He should stop putting all that time trying to think of crap to do and watch more film or something.
    I remember all that talk about him wanting to be like Jerry Rice and the greats.
    Well, Chad just wants to be Chad.
    So be it, if you like "The Chad," keep watching "The Chad."
    More power to ya!

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Hate to break it to you but football is entertainment.
    He does a great job getting the fans involved.
    I dont understand how people can think this game is that important to get upset with a man playing a kids game and having fun doing it, so what if he dances in the endzone, does that really show up the other team?
    Maybe football is entertainment to you and me as fans, but it is also about winning.
    To a player, it is about playing together as a team and winning.
    If you are winning, it is cute and tolereated what Chad does with his mouth but if you are losing, it could get ugly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast