Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Gauging the impact of draft's top 10

I think you have to give the Colts a ton of credit for their excellent drafting. Harrison, Manning, Glenn, James, Wayne, Freeney, Clark, Addai. Simply amazing.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I said something in another thread but think it applies here......

Scott Studwell and his staff really do a great job in finding quality players for the scheme the coaches are trying to run.

They don't get enough credit for thier efforts IMHO.
    They always have. Sure there were some duds in there like Underwood, but as far as the talent they brought in here, I rank them as one of the leagues best overall.
    I agree with that 100%. Over the years,except for a few seasons, we have always drafted the talent to compete with anyone. We just have never put the coaching staff together that can get them over the hump.
    Because of the young players on this squad I think we will see a bit of a up hill struggle early this year but I anticipate that will iron out a bit and we will get over the hump a bit as TJ and the rest of the young guys on this squad mature this year and get the experience that we all no they need.
    As it has been for several decades, it is going to take more than the players.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are really high on Jamaal Anderson, saying Atlanta "hit the jackpot". Hopefully the vikings don't regret there decision.
    AP was the better pick...the Vikes won't regret anything!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote]
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    They are really high on Jamaal Anderson, saying Atlanta "hit the jackpot". Hopefully the vikings don't regret there decision.
    [/quote
    AP was the better pick...the Vikes won't regret anything!
    I agree, if we got anderson then may not of gotten brain robison, and I like how robison has been playing in the preseason

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Scott Studwell and his staff really do a great job in finding quality players for the scheme the coaches are trying to run.

They always have. Sure there were some duds in there like Underwood, but as far as the talent they brought in here, I rank them as one of the leagues best overall.
    And they have always done well seeing talent.

Its hard to predict when someone is going to go loco (Underwood) or just not be able to see right (T-Will).

Others like Bennett sure had talent, but maybe not the work ethic and discipline needed to be truly successful in the NFL as a starter.

And, by the way... It seems to be getting better every year.
    -Sno

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Its hard to predict when someone is going to go loco (Underwood) or just not be able to see right (T-Will).

Others like Bennett sure had talent, but maybe not the work ethic and discipline needed to be truly successful in the NFL as a starter.

I think the work ethic was there. They just used him wrong. He wasn't a pound it thru back like Taylor. He needed an opening.

Had the Vikings gone to the two back system when he was here like I suggested & they used him right, we could have gotten a lot more yards out of him. Toss him the ball 5 yards out & he'll get yards. Send him into a wall of defenders without an opening & he'll get little or nothing.

The player also needs to fit the system or the system needs to fit the player.

That's why you see a star player on one team struggle on the next or vice versa.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I think the work ethic was there. They just used him wrong. He wasn't a pound it thru back like Taylor. He needed an opening.

Had the Vikings gone to the two back system when he was here like I suggested & they used him right, we could have gotten a lot more yards out of him. Toss him the ball 5 yards out & he'll get yards. Send him into a wall of defenders without an opening & he'll get little or nothing.

The player also needs to fit the system or the system needs to fit the player.

That's why you see a star player on one team strubble on the next or vice versa.
    Well he's still a backup, and probably will be for his career.

My point being, Bennett wasn't a bad pick, and the picks have gotten progressively better since then.

Now hopefully these dudes will back up that statement for me on the field.
    -Sno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12