Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Garcia the savior?

Sorry if this is not warranting a new thread, but, it is slow nowadays. After watching the game against the Giants and Bucs, a bit hard I have to admit. How bad did Garcia look out there. He looked pretty lost and confused most of the game. Would he have done better leading the Vikes this year? With our OL and WR situations, I'm not sure he would have been as productive as many thought. It seems to me that TJ hasn't looked that much worse than Garcia did that game. Both teams played the G-men (witht the same starters on D), and the outcomes were different. Go ahead and rip away if you like.
    ;D

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Garcia the savior?

I think the young offensive line played more into the Bucs struggles than a hurt Garcia... IMO.. it didn't help that Galloway couldn't get off the jam either with the bad shoulder... overall Garcia and the Bucs offense were you we thought they were.. pretenders of a weak NFC south.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"grpape" wrote:
    Sorry if this is not warranting a new thread, but, it is slow nowadays. After watching the game against the Giants and Bucs, a bit hard I have to admit. How bad did Garcia look out there. He looked pretty lost and confused most of the game. Would he have done better leading the Vikes this year? With our OL and WR situations, I'm not sure he would have been as productive as many thought. It seems to me that TJ hasn't looked that much worse than Garcia did that game. Both teams played the G-men (witht the same starters on D), and the outcomes were different. Go ahead and rip away if you like.
    ;D
    What you have to remember is the Vikings would have faced a lot less pressure if Garcia were the starter.
    Defenses would have had to play more honest, would have been a lot less blitzes.
    We'd have seen more traditional cover 2 type defenses, play action would have been more effective, and a veteran QB would have really shown his merit.
    Few QBs look good under pressure and unfortunately TJack didn't make the D pay often enough for them to turn down the pressure.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    ;D
    What you have to remember is the Vikings would have faced a lot less pressure if Garcia were the starter.
    Defenses would have had to play more honest, would have been a lot less blitzes.
    We'd have seen more traditional cover 2 type defenses, play action would have been more effective, and a veteran QB would have really shown his merit.
    Few QBs look good under pressure and unfortunately TJack didn't make the D pay often enough for them to turn down the pressure.
    That is all true. Do you think he would have made a difference, however, on the team we have? I don't see much of a difference, except the RBs. However, That alone could do it I suppose. It just looked like the Giants D was all over him, and gave me flashbacks of our young TJ.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"grpape" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    ;D
    That is all true. Do you think he would have made a difference, however, on the team we have? I don't see much of a difference, except the RBs. However, That alone could do it I suppose. It just looked like the Giants D was all over him, and gave me flashbacks of our young TJ.
    I think he'd have made a huge difference... I think the RBs would have had a lot more yards, the O in general would have had a lot more confidence and all the receivers would have had more opportunities to shine... TWills 3 drops would have seemed a lot less if he had 60 catches to balance them, same with Shainoce.
    D would have been improved because they would have been playing with the lead and better rested more of the season and the team in general would have been more confident from the additional W's in the win column.

But it was not to be, this year was a building year... a year to evaluate talent.
    They've done that and we can move forward now.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Garcia as a Savior? No. I have kinda been dancing around the issue, but, to say it plainly, McNabb coming in with Jackson and Bollinger as 2 & 3 respectively makes the most sense to me. And with Chilly's propensity for bringing in "his" guys, I can't but help to think that McNabb will be in purple next year. Of course all this prognostication really makes no difference as none of us are on the 'Vikes payroll. I just really hope to see McNabb in purple. Also, I am not saying that he will be a "savior", he would provide intelligent qb play and act as a rolemodel for Jackson. In that capacity, McNabb would perform far better then Garcia, in my humble opinion, Thats all I got. ;D
    Tuco the world.....

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think the vikings would have been 2-3 wins better this year with Garcia but we would still have questions about jackson and the QB position as a whole, plus we would have less cap room. The team is taking a long term aproach and Garcia would have only been a short term answer.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think the vikings would have been 2-3 wins better this year with Garcia but we would still have questions about jackson and the QB position as a whole, plus we would have less cap room. The team is taking a long term aproach and Garcia would have only been a short term answer.
    Finally, someone with a clue.

Great post.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Garcia as a Savior? No. I have kinda been dancing around the issue, but, to say it plainly, McNabb coming in with Jackson and Bollinger as 2 & 3 respectively makes the most sense to me. And with Chilly's propensity for bringing in "his" guys, I can't but help to think that McNabb will be in purple next year. Of course all this prognostication really makes no difference as none of us are on the 'Vikes payroll. I just really hope to see McNabb in purple. Also, I am not saying that he will be a "savior", he would provide intelligent qb play and act as a rolemodel for Jackson. In that capacity, McNabb would perform far better then Garcia, in my humble opinion, Thats all I got. ;D
    I think you lost me my friend.

Are you saying you want to have the following QB's on the roster next year?

a. McNabb
    b. KH
    c.
    BB

What happens to TJ?
    You just drop him?
    Bet he wouldn't last on the open market long.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    ;D
    That problem you cant totally put on
    TJack either you can place some on oh maybe TWill missing open balls for TDs, and the bad calling of plays
    as well as some bbad throws too.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/leavetjackalone.jpg[/img]
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast