Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

As a courtesy to our rival fans, The Gap, eaglesfanforu, I am temporarily UNBANNING them to see if they'll come back and take their medicine. I will give them three days to respond to this message, to show a little class (IF they have any) and come back and admit their Eagles are a big Super-flop!!!!!

Well, the clock is ticking?!!???!!???
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

Good one, Shock!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

Does anyone know the eagles web site?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

Did you email them to let them know they can come here?

The Gap is offline Starter

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

Well what do you know finding I had access again was entirely by accident and finding this thread was even more by chance. This is as much a surprise as being banned in the first place.
    Anyway I’m here so if there’s medicine I need to take bring it on. I’ll admit it we lost, it was a disappointment I’m sure you Viking fans know that feeling…….. Now let me say that statement is probably typical to how I was misunderstood and thought to be such a jerk. That’s a serious comment I can see how passionate you guys are and let’s face it we all know what it feels like. That isn’t meant to imply your losers it just means you can relate. On the surface the Eagles may have appeared to flop, they were terrible in clock management at the end and if McNabb hadn’t have been so tight who knows how it would have turned out. The positive is as follows: The team deemed to be an offensive machine with the record setting QB (Indianapolis) was never in their game with the Pats. They didn’t even score a TD. Then the team with the best record in the NFL and the no.1 defense (Pittsburgh) got the privilege of being dominated by the Pats. They never got closer than 11 points while giving up 41. Finally along come the Eagles from the advertised inferior NFC. Did we have them on the ropes? 1st half for sure and we are the only team that had the ball at the end with a chance to win. We lost yes, we played bad yes but there’s plenty of reason for hope next year. The one thing we did is show the world that the NFC which the Vikings are part of is part of the NFL too. That said anyone that wants to take me down your welcome, I never came here to antagonize.

As for the past I’d appreciate it my adversaries would read my thread “Times Up” posted Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:33 am. It was written the day after the Eagles beat your team. If you read it without prejudging it as something demeaning to the Vikings or their fans you will see I didn’t take advantage of the victory and talk trash. I didn’t try to say I told you so addressing predictions that were wrong from members. What I did was sympathized with Viking fans because I knew how it felt to lose and even if said in jest negative comments after a loss aren’t funny so I held my tongue. I questioned why I read people hoping we’d lose because I couldn’t see how that helped you. I also said and you had nothing to feel bad about because every team but one in the playoffs end their season with a loss. I said and I quote “the Vikings have nothing to be ashamed of”. The overall content of that thread was positive to the Vikings and anyone that views it another way is just not willing to accept that a Philadelphian can be that way.
    I did return a week later to answer the predictions that we’d lose to Atlanta but I was just trying to have fun. What I wrote was said with humor in a format that I thought conveyed that. The reaction I got was a total attack. I took personal hits, hits involving my sexuality, as well as football knowledge. Then to top it off I was banned. To say I was surprised is an understatement. Anyway that’s my story so now you know. I’ll end with an apology to anyone I may have offended that wasn’t my intent.
    One Final Note: I still don’t hate the Vikes …. As a matter of fact if we could have borrowed Culpepper we may be World Champions.

Del Rio Guest

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

You guys are #1 in the NFC not too shabby.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

"The Gap" wrote:
    Well what do you know finding I had access again was entirely by accident and finding this thread was even more by chance. This is as much a surprise as being banned in the first place.
    Anyway I’m here so if there’s medicine I need to take bring it on. I’ll admit it we lost, it was a disappointment I’m sure you Viking fans know that feeling…….. Now let me say that statement is probably typical to how I was misunderstood and thought to be such a jerk. That’s a serious comment I can see how passionate you guys are and let’s face it we all know what it feels like. That isn’t meant to imply your losers it just means you can relate. On the surface the Eagles may have appeared to flop, they were terrible in clock management at the end and if McNabb hadn’t have been so tight who knows how it would have turned out. The positive is as follows: The team deemed to be an offensive machine with the record setting QB (Indianapolis) was never in their game with the Pats. They didn’t even score a TD. Then the team with the best record in the NFL and the no.1 defense (Pittsburgh) got the privilege of being dominated by the Pats. They never got closer than 11 points while giving up 41. Finally along come the Eagles from the advertised inferior NFC. Did we have them on the ropes? 1st half for sure and we are the only team that had the ball at the end with a chance to win. We lost yes, we played bad yes but there’s plenty of reason for hope next year. The one thing we did is show the world that the NFC which the Vikings are part of is part of the NFL too. That said anyone that wants to take me down your welcome, I never came here to antagonize.

As for the past I’d appreciate it my adversaries would read my thread “Times Up” posted Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:33 am. It was written the day after the Eagles beat your team. If you read it without prejudging it as something demeaning to the Vikings or their fans you will see I didn’t take advantage of the victory and talk trash. I didn’t try to say I told you so addressing predictions that were wrong from members. What I did was sympathized with Viking fans because I knew how it felt to lose and even if said in jest negative comments after a loss aren’t funny so I held my tongue. I questioned why I read people hoping we’d lose because I couldn’t see how that helped you. I also said and you had nothing to feel bad about because every team but one in the playoffs end their season with a loss. I said and I quote “the Vikings have nothing to be ashamed of”. The overall content of that thread was positive to the Vikings and anyone that views it another way is just not willing to accept that a Philadelphian can be that way.
    I did return a week later to answer the predictions that we’d lose to Atlanta but I was just trying to have fun. What I wrote was said with humor in a format that I thought conveyed that. The reaction I got was a total attack. I took personal hits, hits involving my sexuality, as well as football knowledge. Then to top it off I was banned. To say I was surprised is an understatement. Anyway that’s my story so now you know. I’ll end with an apology to anyone I may have offended that wasn’t my intent.
    One Final Note: I still don’t hate the Vikes …. As a matter of fact if we could have borrowed Culpepper we may be World Champions.
    If your last line means that you agree with us that Culpepper is BETTER than McCrab, then ALRIGHT!!! But I doubt that is the case. Too bad for you guys...while I wasn't really rooting for your Iggles to win, I wanted the Patsies to win even less (now I have to hear about the "Dynasty" from every a$$hole Patsy fan from now until the end of eternity). Needless to say, without a team to really root for on Sunday, I did the next best thing...I went snowboarding. If you really fall in the catagory of decent Eagles fans, then I feel some compassion for you...but I feel nothing for the stereotypical a$$hole Iggles fans...they got what was coming to them. As far as having nothing to gain...many Viking fans here would like Pep to win a SB before McCrab does...the reason is that we all feel that Pep is better than McCrab, but that the media doesn't give Pep enough credit for what he means to his team and to the league. To see McCrab fail allows Pep another shot at eclipsing McCrab's hype...we can admit that he is good, but we won't concede that he is better than Pep...and we want Pep to have the chance to prove it. If we can put together a decent defense even close to what McCrab has defending for him, Pep might just get that chance. As far as the shots that were taken at you, it's all part of the game...some are better at it than others in terms of smoothness vs. crudeness (on both sides of the fence)...you can't really take too much of it too personally...we don't really know you, nor do you really know us...but the face that you present here is gonna be the face that we react to...and if it is antagonistic, we will retaliate...it is to be expected and you can't really complain if you put stuff out there that is designed to inflame...you (as an Iggles fan) should know that every fan base is gonna have jerks (some, like your team, have more than others...before you react to that, consider that this could be the reason for the lingering stereotype)...you just gotta roll with it and strike back with a sharp wit and only pick the battles that are worth fighting.

Sorry for the long winded speech...all in all, I enjoyed sparring with you when you were here...I don't internalize it, I just deal it as it comes to me. Good luck to your guys next year...we are gonna be gunning for you!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

See Gap, we don't always permanently ban. However, your incessant and smarmy emails to me certainly precluded you from getting unbanned, so thank Shock.

For future note to all opponent fans: When you get banned, and I tell you I will work with you on it, don't harrass me with an email every single day with your "opinion" on the situation because I don't respond as you dream I would. Its a surefire way to make it permanent.

Oh yeah, nice choke jobs, Iggles. Talk to Reid about some clock management. He got the Denny-disease!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

man i missed out on all the fun. me and the gapper was supposed to go shopping!!!
    lol
    HEY GAP
    we going shopping?
    instead of drug store we could go to the watchmaker!!!

The Gap is offline Starter

The Gap, eaglesfanforu

Yeah we can still go shopping I can pickup a Moss Jersey since they'll be on closeout soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast