Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Fumblepepper is an idiot

Guys Guys Guys relax, remember, he is still rich. No matter what anyone says about him (us or his team), he could still retire today and live a comfortable life,

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I wonder if the Raiders are going to dock his pay as his injury was not football related, betting he could win a race (Fathead is making a new Culpepper called fattesthead).
    Something along the lines of Kellen Winslow's off the field knee injury.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Any of you would still be on crutches if you suffered the the injury pep did, his recovery is remarkable. He suffered this injury fighting for purplepride for many years. You should all show a little respect. >
    And he showed us respect when he cared more about himself and money than the team and his fans.
    :
    What did he ever do to disrespect the fans?

The fans turned on him because he had one bad season, and suffered a sever injury. I am not saying he was perfect or that his ego did not get inflated but I think he was treated poorly for someone that gave there body(he will never be the same) to the team before being traded. He was persecuted by the media for the "love boat scandal", even though as it turns out that he had little to do with it and was aquitted on all charges. The local media largely ignored this detail as by the time it was settled it was a dead story.
    You asked what he did to disrespect the fans?
    Did you miss the entire offseason between the 05 and 06 seasons?

The fans as a whole did not turn on him because he "had one bad season."
    Yes, there were a lot of fans who were vocal about their dislike for DC, but they were vocal about their dislike for him before the 05 season too.
    The majority of the fans turned on him because of the way he handled his exodus from Minnesota.

He cared much, much more about the money and his ego than any of the fans.

As far as me respecting him, I did... up until he pooh all over the fan base of Minnesota and emailed his way out.
    Yes, he put up impressive numbers here in Minnesota, but it takes more than simple performance for somebody to "deserve" my respect.
    It has to be earned, and then it has to be kept.
    Egotistical and selfish people tend to not be high on my respect list.

And he suffered his injury doing his job, not fighting for the Minnesota fans.
    If you think for a second that he did it for any of us, then you are delusional.
    He did it for himself only.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Any of you would still be on crutches if you suffered the the injury pep did, his recovery is remarkable. He suffered this injury fighting for purplepride for many years. You should all show a little respect. >
    And he showed us respect when he cared more about himself and money than the team and his fans.
    :
    What did he ever do to disrespect the fans?

The fans turned on him because he had one bad season, and suffered a sever injury. I am not saying he was perfect or that his ego did not get inflated but I think he was treated poorly for someone that gave there body(he will never be the same) to the team before being traded. He was persecuted by the media for the "love boat scandal", even though as it turns out that he had little to do with it and was aquitted on all charges. The local media largely ignored this detail as by the time it was settled it was a dead story.
    You asked what he did to disrespect the fans?
    Did you miss the entire offseason between the 05 and 06 seasons?

The fans as a whole did not turn on him because he "had one bad season."
    Yes, there were a lot of fans who were vocal about their dislike for DC, but they were vocal about their dislike for him before the 05 season too.
    The majority of the fans turned on him because of the way he handled his exodus from Minnesota.

He cared much, much more about the money and his ego than any of the fans.

As far as me respecting him, I did... up until he pooh all over the fan base of Minnesota and emailed his way out.
    Yes, he put up impressive numbers here in Minnesota, but it takes more than simple performance for somebody to "deserve" my respect.
    It has to be earned, and then it has to be kept.
    Egotistical and selfish people tend to not be high on my respect list.

And he suffered his injury doing his job, not fighting for the Minnesota fans.
    If you think for a second that he did it for any of us, then you are delusional.
    He did it for himself only.
    Well said. That sums up my thoughts exactly.

MemphisPurple is offline Training Camp

What a loser, seriously.... I have no respect whatsoever for him.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Guys Guys Guys relax, remember, he is still rich. No matter what anyone says about him (us or his team), he could still retire today and live a comfortable life,
    Sounds exactly like something he would say.
    He's a putz, unfortunately, I had respect for him, until he started talking like your post...rich, please.
    He cheated himself, the fans, and his teammates with his selfish whining...if that's rich, I'll take poor.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234