Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

Re: Fumblepepper is an idiot

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Any of you would still be on crutches if you suffered the the injury pep did, his recovery is remarkable. He suffered this injury fighting for purplepride for many years. You should all show a little respect. >
    That doesn't excuse his arrogance and foolishness. He's immature and needed to be humbled, which is exactly what happened. Even if he really was that great (which is laughable...), you don't go around preaching to everyone about it.

The guy is a joke. His teammates even make fun of him...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Any of you would still be on crutches if you suffered the the injury pep did, his recovery is remarkable. He suffered this injury fighting for purplepride for many years. You should all show a little respect. >
    And he showed us respect when he cared more about himself and money than the team and his fans.
    :

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    That doesn't excuse his arrogance and foolishness. He's immature and needed to be humbled, which is exactly what happened. Even if he really was that great (which is laughable...), you don't go around preaching to everyone about it.

129td passes 26rushing td's in first five seasons as a viking starter. That is 31 tds a year for 5 years!!! I would say that qualifies as great. Do you even remember how defenders would bounce off him and he would scramble to make the big play?
    You pointing the finger at someone else for being foolish and arrogant is laughable, go back and read some of your past posts. Immature, lol. Pot calling the kettle black.
    In 10 years when peterson is struggling for some other team you will be talking smack about him.
    I'm not saying Daunte doesn't have some issues but seriously who doesn't? Sure everyone looks like a saint when things are going good but then when bad things happen everyone sees there flaws. Culpepper doesn't get in trouble with the law, he doesn't break team rules, he plays the game with a lot of heart.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    And he showed us respect when he cared more about himself and money than the team and his fans.
    :
    What did he ever do to disrespect the fans?

The fans turned on him because he had one bad season, and suffered a sever injury. I am not saying he was perfect or that his ego did not get inflated but I think he was treated poorly for someone that gave there body(he will never be the same) to the team before being traded. He was persecuted by the media for the "love boat scandal", even though as it turns out that he had little to do with it and was aquitted on all charges. The local media largely ignored this detail as by the time it was settled it was a dead story.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

129td passes 26rushing td's in first five seasons as a viking starter. That is 31 tds a year for 5 years!!! I would say that qualifies as great. Do you even remember how defenders would bounce off him and he would scramble to make the big play?
    You pointing the finger at someone else for being foolish and arrogant is laughable, go back and read some of your past posts. Immature, lol. Pot calling the kettle black.
    In 10 years when peterson is struggling for some other team you will be talking smack about him.
    I'm not saying Daunte doesn't have some issues but seriously who doesn't? Sure everyone looks like a saint when things are going good but then when bad things happen everyone sees there flaws. Culpepper doesn't get in trouble with the law, he doesn't break team rules, he plays the game with a lot of heart.
    I'm also not a starting NFL QB in the national spotlight... i simply post opinions, often simply in jest (although, humor can be lost on some...).

When you are throwing to Moss and Carter, with Griffith as your RB... and behind the line he had... it's not hard to see why he put those numbers up.

What has he done since then?... besides bitch and moan? (and make absolutely ridiculous bets with teammates, leading to him further injuring himself)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

I'm also not a starting NFL QB in the national spotlight... i simply post opinions, often simply in jest (although, humor can be lost on some...).

When you are throwing to Moss and Carter, with Griffith as your RB... and behind the line he had... it's not hard to see why he put those numbers up.

What has he done since then?... besides beeyatch and moan? (and make absolutely ridiculous bets with teammates, leading to him further injuring himself)
    Yeah Robert Griffith was a damn good running back. Anyone remember that hard hitting saftey Robert Smith?

Purple D is offline Starter

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    If any of us suffered the injury Pep did?
    That would mean we would probably be physically fit enough to play in the NFL and Physically fit enough to comeback as he did.
    But if for some reason I was walking down the street today and some lunatic put his shoulder to my knee out of Nowhere, yeah I probably wouldn't make as an impressive of a comeback as Culpepper.
    But If I was rich I am sure I could pay for rehabilitation and be back
    to normal in about the same amount of time.

I was a Culpepper fan when he was a Viking, but thought he was good because of the weapons and support around him.
    He has small hands, and doesn't make good decisions.
    But I still supported him up until he became a Dolphin.

Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    You're right. It was remarkable that he came back so soon after his injury. However, it was too soon, and the still weakened state of his knee didn't allow him to be the player that he was during his early years here. He should have rehabbed longer, but he wanted to prove something to the rest of the NFL. He let ego get in the way of prudence. His physical play was impressive while he was a member of the Vikes. However, I don't think it was the physical aspect of his game that folks here were commenting on.

Since he got injured, his words and actions away from the field have given people the impression that he is egotistical and immature, and only concerned for himself. Demanding more money after a disastrous and abbreviated season supports that. Firing his agent and choosing to represent himself because no agent could look after his best interests supports that. His emailed 'press releases' support that. The behavior outlined in this article supports that.

I am forced to conclude that he was never 'fighting for purplepride', but only fighting for himself.

I appreciate what he did for the Vikings while he was playing here, and I mourn for the career that could have been. However it was his behavior that ended his career in Minnesota, not his injury. I will always look on him as someone who aspired to play like the greats, and then decided to act like Ryan Leaf instead. If he matures, and learns how to interact with those around him, he can earn my respect back. I used to like him, and I want to again, but right now, his actions don't say that he deserves it.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"josdin00" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    You're right. It was remarkable that he came back so soon after his injury. However, it was too soon, and the still weakened state of his knee didn't allow him to be the player that he was during his early years here. He should have rehabbed longer, but he wanted to prove something to the rest of the NFL. He let ego get in the way of prudence. His physical play was impressive while he was a member of the Vikes. However, I don't think it was the physical aspect of his game that folks here were commenting on.

Since he got injured, his words and actions away from the field have given people the impression that he is egotistical and immature, and only concerned for himself. Demanding more money after a disastrous and abbreviated season supports that. Firing his agent and choosing to represent himself because no agent could look after his best interests supports that. His emailed 'press releases' support that. The behavior outlined in this article supports that.

I am forced to conclude that he was never 'fighting for purplepride', but only fighting for himself.

I appreciate what he did for the Vikings while he was playing here, and I mourn for the career that could have been. However it was his behavior that ended his career in Minnesota, not his injury. I will always look on him as someone who aspired to play like the greats, and then decided to act like Ryan Leaf instead. If he matures, and learns how to interact with those around him, he can earn my respect back. I used to like him, and I want to again, but right now, his actions don't say that he deserves it.
    Excellent response.
    I concur with these opions whole heartedly.

Ever hear of Willis McGahee? He had almost the exact injury C-Peptard did.
    That is how you rehab back from an injury like that.
    Rushing back to prove that the Dolphins made the right choice by signing him over Brees and giving up a 2nd round pick so his ego/image would not be tarnished and "stick it" to the Viking coaching staff who "made the mistake of letting him go" however, is not how you come back from an injury like that.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Dante is a warrior. He's great and he did a lot of great things for the Vikings. He's still got some growing up to do, based on this article. I just hope things go well for him. He needs to latch on to someone good, decent, and older and keep learning life lessons. I hope he goes to a new team because the Raiders are poison.

Go Vikings!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast