Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

I'll be curious to see what kind of $$$$ they showed him.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Source: Turner to get approximately $15M guaranteed from Falcons[/size]

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Holy crap, that's a lot of money for somebody who was a back up; regardless of how good...

isn't that along the lines of double what we paid Chester?
    I really don't know what his contact numbers are...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Source: Turner to get approximately $15M guaranteed from Falcons[/size]
    I think it was a good siging. Turner is a great back that would have started the last several years most other teams. He has a great combination of speed, power, and agility.
    I would rate him far higher than Taylor on the list of top running backs.
    I think the Chargers should have made a big push to keep him, I think their running game will suffer because they let him and Lorenzo Neal go. I think this will mean the league will have a new top rusher in 08. ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think it was a good siging. Turner is a great back that would have started the last several years most other teams. He has a great combination of speed, power, and agility.
    I think the Chargers should have made a big push to keep him, I think their running game will suffer because they let him and Lorenzo Neal go. I think this will mean the league will have a new top rusher in 08. ;D
    I never put that all together.

Great insight/observation my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"cogitans" wrote:
    Good Pick up Dunn. Let him ride the bench or come in third down to catch passes out of the backfield.

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Holy crap, that's a lot of money for somebody who was a back up; regardless of how good...

isn't that along the lines of double what we paid Chester?
    I really don't know what his contact numbers are...
    Correct.
    We brought Taylor in here to be a starting back and paid him $2.5 million/year.
    Turner is being brought in to be a starter and is being paid about $5.5 million/year.
    AD is being paid about $5 million/year.

I would say we certainly have the best value at the RB position in the NFL, even if someone were to argue there was a better tandem (I don't think there is anymore).
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

Wow, praise from Marrdro, I am giddy like a little girl on the first day of school. ;D

ps. does this mean I move up in the spread sheet?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

Wow, praise from Marrdro, I am giddy like a little girl on the first day of school. ;D

ps. does this mean I move up in the spread sheet?
    LOL, you have been at the top of the sheet for a while.

Agreeing with me doesn't get you on the sheet, displaying sound football knowledge does.
    Just because we don't always agree doesn't mean that I don't like your knowlege level my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast