Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons


    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #2
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    I'll be curious to see what kind of $$$$ they showed him.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  3. #3
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'll be curious to see what kind of $$$$ they showed him.
    [size=13pt]Source: Turner to get approximately $15M guaranteed from Falcons[/size]

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #4
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    Holy crap, that's a lot of money for somebody who was a back up; regardless of how good...

    isn't that along the lines of double what we paid Chester?
    I really don't know what his contact numbers are...


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  5. #5
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'll be curious to see what kind of $$$$ they showed him.
    [size=13pt]Source: Turner to get approximately $15M guaranteed from Falcons[/size]
    I think it was a good siging. Turner is a great back that would have started the last several years most other teams. He has a great combination of speed, power, and agility.
    I would rate him far higher than Taylor on the list of top running backs.
    I think the Chargers should have made a big push to keep him, I think their running game will suffer because they let him and Lorenzo Neal go. I think this will mean the league will have a new top rusher in 08. ;D

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'll be curious to see what kind of $$$$ they showed him.
    [size=13pt]Source: Turner to get approximately $15M guaranteed from Falcons[/size]
    I think it was a good siging. Turner is a great back that would have started the last several years most other teams. He has a great combination of speed, power, and agility.
    I would rate him far higher than Taylor on the list of top running backs.
    I think the Chargers should have made a big push to keep him, I think their running game will suffer because they let him and Lorenzo Neal go. I think this will mean the league will have a new top rusher in 08. ;D
    I never put that all together.


    Great insight/observation my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    158

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    "cogitans" wrote:
    Good Pick up Dunn. Let him ride the bench or come in third down to catch passes out of the backfield.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Holy crap, that's a lot of money for somebody who was a back up; regardless of how good...

    isn't that along the lines of double what we paid Chester?
    I really don't know what his contact numbers are...
    Correct.
    We brought Taylor in here to be a starting back and paid him $2.5 million/year.
    Turner is being brought in to be a starter and is being paid about $5.5 million/year.
    AD is being paid about $5 million/year.


    I would say we certainly have the best value at the RB position in the NFL, even if someone were to argue there was a better tandem (I don't think there is anymore).
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  9. #9
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'll be curious to see what kind of $$$$ they showed him.
    [size=13pt]Source: Turner to get approximately $15M guaranteed from Falcons[/size]
    I think it was a good siging. Turner is a great back that would have started the last several years most other teams. He has a great combination of speed, power, and agility.
    I would rate him far higher than Taylor on the list of top running backs.
    I think the Chargers should have made a big push to keep him, I think their running game will suffer because they let him and Lorenzo Neal go. I think this will mean the league will have a new top rusher in 08. ;D
    I never put that all together.


    Great insight/observation my friend.
    Wow, praise from Marrdro, I am giddy like a little girl on the first day of school. ;D

    ps. does this mean I move up in the spread sheet?

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Free-agent running back Michael Turner agrees to 6-year deal with Falcons

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'll be curious to see what kind of $$$$ they showed him.
    [size=13pt]Source: Turner to get approximately $15M guaranteed from Falcons[/size]
    I think it was a good siging. Turner is a great back that would have started the last several years most other teams. He has a great combination of speed, power, and agility.
    I would rate him far higher than Taylor on the list of top running backs.
    I think the Chargers should have made a big push to keep him, I think their running game will suffer because they let him and Lorenzo Neal go. I think this will mean the league will have a new top rusher in 08. ;D
    I never put that all together.


    Great insight/observation my friend.
    Wow, praise from Marrdro, I am giddy like a little girl on the first day of school. ;D

    ps. does this mean I move up in the spread sheet?
    LOL, you have been at the top of the sheet for a while.



    Agreeing with me doesn't get you on the sheet, displaying sound football knowledge does.
    Just because we don't always agree doesn't mean that I don't like your knowlege level my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bucs bring back Michael Clayton for five year deal
    By FuadFan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 05:30 AM
  2. Flacco agrees to a 5-year deal
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
  3. Quinn agrees to 5-year deal with Browns
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 02:35 AM
  4. Seahawks | Strong agrees to three-year deal
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 12:51 AM
  5. Kitna agrees to 4 year deal with lions
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 02:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •