Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    Sign him and trade Peterson for a QB and O-Line

  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    This is a perfect example of the value carried by aging RBs.
    For all those talking about trading CTaylor for a (insert position of need here), take a look at Freddie Taylor.
    He even said he would take a pay cut to remain with the Jags, and they still released him.

    This is why people are saying we won't get much trying to trade Chester Taylor.
    Big difference between the two.
    Fred is 33 years old and has carried the load for many years, 2,428carries.
    Chestor is 29 years old and has been a back up most of his career, 934carries.
    RB have no value. They are easily replaced and they don't last long. We would be luck to get a 5th for Chester.
    Wrong. What did Arizona give up for Edge? Jets for Jones?
    If they were not worth anything then you wouldn't see them going in the first round of the draft every year.
    Unfortunetly Chestor did not have a good year in 08 so a fifth round pick is probably about right.

  3. #13
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    Didnt see this coming.. very surprising.. wonder if he will retire or he will carry on..

    A place he could end up is the Chargers with Sproles getting a contract elsewhere


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #14
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Sign him and trade Peterson for a QB and O-Line
    Finally someone knows what they're talking about.

  5. #15
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    This is a perfect example of the value carried by aging RBs.
    For all those talking about trading CTaylor for a (insert position of need here), take a look at Freddie Taylor.
    He even said he would take a pay cut to remain with the Jags, and they still released him.

    This is why people are saying we won't get much trying to trade Chester Taylor.
    Big difference between the two.
    Fred is 33 years old and has carried the load for many years, 2,428carries.
    Chestor is 29 years old and has been a back up most of his career, 934carries.
    RB have no value. They are easily replaced and they don't last long. We would be luck to get a 5th for Chester.
    Wrong. What did Arizona give up for Edge? Jets for Jones?
    If they were not worth anything then you wouldn't see them going in the first round of the draft every year.
    Unfortunetly Chestor did not have a good year in 08 so a fifth round pick is probably about right.
    THose two guys were signed as FAs I believe. No trades. RBs have no trade value. A back like Chester will never get us the 1st round pick he is worth. AT best we get a 4th rounder for him( i think more likly a 5th)

  6. #16
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    This is a perfect example of the value carried by aging RBs.
    For all those talking about trading CTaylor for a (insert position of need here), take a look at Freddie Taylor.
    He even said he would take a pay cut to remain with the Jags, and they still released him.

    This is why people are saying we won't get much trying to trade Chester Taylor.
    Big difference between the two.
    Fred is 33 years old and has carried the load for many years, 2,428carries.
    Chestor is 29 years old and has been a back up most of his career, 934carries.
    RB have no value. They are easily replaced and they don't last long. We would be luck to get a 5th for Chester.
    Wrong. What did Arizona give up for Edge? Jets for Jones?
    If they were not worth anything then you wouldn't see them going in the first round of the draft every year.
    Unfortunetly Chestor did not have a good year in 08 so a fifth round pick is probably about right.
    THose two guys were signed as FAs I believe. No trades. RBs have no trade value. A back like Chester will never get us the 1st round pick he is worth. AT best we get a 4th rounder for him( i think more likly a 5th)
    Actually Arizona didnt give up anything for Edge, they just paid him.
    The Jets did give up ~26 draft spots when they swapped their 37th pick for Jones and the Bears 63rd pick.
    Even though the difference in that exchange equates to a third rounder for Jones (254 on the draft trade chart), the Jets still had 2 picks in the second round that year which kind of devalues those draft slots for the Jets.


    Keep this in mind: other than the top 10 picks (really top 7) in the draft, rookie contracts are very easy to accomodate.
    RB is generally regarded as one of the easiest positions for rookies to adapt from College to the NFL.
    RBs easily have the shortest shelf lives of any position on top of that.
    With all that being said, the value of aging RBs is just not that great.
    Point to the numbers if you like.
    Chester Taylor's contract was a 4 year, $14M contract.
    Cassel (who people were talking about trading CTay for) just signed a franchise tag that guarantees that $ for this year alone.

  7. #17
    vikesfan713 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    92

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    "Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Sign him and trade Peterson for a QB and O-Line
    Finally someone knows what they're talking about.
    Really?? i dont think this even deserves a response but i wil give you what you want your are morons.

  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    "vikesfan713" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Sign him and trade Peterson for a QB and O-Line
    Finally someone knows what they're talking about.
    Really?? i dont think this even deserves a response but i wil give you what you want your are morons.

    Your are morons?
    :

  9. #19
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    Just wanna say welcome.. Glad ur here.. but don't cop an attitude like that and come with personal attacks

    You won't last long acting like that

    And if you really feel the need to attack someone.. Atleast don't make yourself look like the one who is the moron

  10. #20
    vikesfan713 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    92

    Re: Fred Taylor Released by Jags

    i didnt think moron was a harsh word.

    i could had used much worse .
    is it offended you i am sorry
    i guess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Report: Patriots Sign Fred Taylor
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 07:37 PM
  2. Jags to name Garrard starting QB...Leftwich to be traded or released
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 11:48 AM
  3. Kudos to Fred Taylor
    By V-Unit in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
  4. Fred Taylor vents about contract status
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 11:41 AM
  5. What about Fred Taylor
    By skum in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •