Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Matt is offline Starter

Franchise tag a Kicker!?!?

I dont get it (though I accept that there may be a very vaild reason why) but why use a franchise tag on a kicker like the Bengals did....or did I just answer my own question? ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Franchise tag a Kicker!?!?

It makes one wonder doesn't it especially when you look at Housh sitting there getting to walk out the door.
    I guess they don't feel TJ is worth the money that would come with the tag.

Anyway, most people pooooh poooh ST's away as an igsignificant aspect of the game, however, all one needs to do is look at our team to see that without a solid ST's you are sunk.

By the way, I am one of a select few who blame most of our ST woes on our Kickers and associated coaches.
    Most on here believe our Special Teams are really our Special Tackler and blame all those returns on the loss of Heath vice anything else........

Soooooo, don't listen to me..... I'm just rambling......;D ;D ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

A solid kicker puts up a lot of points for the offense, especially when playing in harsh conditions or against a stout defense or when the team is rebuilding with youth.
    If you analyze your team and cap and strategy and come up with the arrows pointing to the kicker, franchise him.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

kickers importance
    is imho under-rated,they play the most defining position in football,most of all in "at the buzzer games".I am glad we have one of the best kickers in the league in Longwell.As long as he keeps making all that last seconds FG ,I don´t care about his leg power
    a bit (that goes for ole Marrdro)
    El underdog.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The Bengals are probably the biggest fail of an organization in the league. They will never win no matter what they do
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"El" wrote:
    kickers importance
    is imho under-rated,they play the most defining position in football,most of all in "at the buzzer games".I am glad we have one of the best kickers in the league in Longwell.As long as he keeps making all that last seconds FG ,I don´t care about his leg power
    LOL, you crack me up....... ;D

Did you read the article were ole EX PUKER boy worked on increasing his distance last year?
    Seems he is worried about it.

On a side note, I kindof got off his case a bit last year as it seemed that over time his distance did increase a bit. I am more on our Boy Wonder Punter now who seems to think kicking it as deep as he can, (out kicking his coverage), is the way to go.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    kickers importance
    LOL, you crack me up....... ;D

Did you read the article were ole EX PUKER boy worked on increasing his distance last year?
    Seems he is worried about it.

On a side note, I kindof got off his case a bit last year as it seemed that over time his distance did increase a bit. I am more on our Boy Wonder Punter now who seems to think kicking it as deep as he can, (out kicking his coverage), is the way to go.

;D
    did you know Kluwe is the second highest paid kicker or punter?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Kinda funny how the Falcons punter Koenon in the playoffs got praised for kicking it super far.. But when Kluwe does it and our coverage fucks up he gets blamed...

So hey kluwe.. In the future.. Please just kick it half as far as u can so we can make sure we can get in position to make a tackle or they fair catch it

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    It makes one wonder doesn't it especially when you look at Housh sitting there getting to walk out the door.

Anyway, most people pooooh poooh ST's away as an igsignificant aspect of the game, however, all one needs to do is look at our team to see that without a solid ST's you are sunk.
    By the way, I am one of a select few who blame most of our ST woes on our Kickers and associated coaches.

Most on here believe our Special Teams are really our Special Tackler and blame all those returns on the loss of Heath vice anything else........

Didn't we win the division and finish 10-6? Maybe the 2008 Vikings are not the best example.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Didn't we win the division and finish 10-6? Maybe the 2008 Vikings are not the best example.

No kidding 10-6 with the worst in the league

But then again STs did kill us in the playoff game with it actually counted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast