Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Which franchise is the best in the NFL … period?

[size=12pt]Page 2's ultimate NFL power rankings[/size]
    By Thomas Neumann
    Page 2
    Updated: September 17, 2008

7. Minnesota Vikings.
    Ultraconsistent Minnesota checks in as the highest-ranked team in our study without a Super Bowl title. The Vikings boast the highest winning percentage, the most playoff wins, the most "Monday Night Football" appearances and the most first-team All-Pro selections since 1970 of any team not to win the big game. Only once since the merger have the Vikings failed to win at least four games, and for that embarrassment in 1984, the team fired coach Les Steckel after one season. So although Vikings fans have endured more than their share of postseason misery and seem to be stuck in a rut right now (they haven't won 10 or more games since 2001), at least they've enjoyed a persistent winner...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Which franchise is the best in the NFL … period?

What a joke of a ranking that is.. the Packers not in the top 10, yet we have been one of the most consistent teams for almost 2 decades running.. are as stable a franchise as there is, we have taken some lumps in the playoffs the last couple years but come on. The Niners are further up the scale.. utter joke.

"pack93z" wrote:
    What a joke of a ranking that is.. the Packers not in the top 10, yet we have been one of the most consistent teams for almost 2 decades running.. are as stable a franchise as there is, we have taken some lumps in the playoffs the last couple years but come on. The Niners are further up the scale.. utter joke.
    That's one of the reasons I liked it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It's interesting. When I saw the title of this thread I knew that the Viking had to be high up on the list.
    Frankly, I thought they'd be a bit higher. And I think that's one of the reasons the last few year especially have been so frustrating to the Viking fans. Expectations are higher for this team because they have been good.
    Their undefeated season gives Miami a higher rating than I think they deserve. But they were good under Schula.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Nice... I'm happy to be that high... and the Packers? Well, I didn't make it to the second page, so I don't know.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

I kinda agree with pack93z
    - to a point.
    They probably deserve to be further up on the list, but their malaise from 1970-1991 cannot be ignored.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    It's interesting. When I saw the title of this thread I knew that the Viking had to be high up on the list.
    Frankly, I thought they'd be a bit higher. And I think that's one of the reasons the last few year especially have been so frustrating to the Viking fans. Expectations are higher for this team because they have been good.
    Their undefeated season gives Miami a higher rating than I think they deserve. But they were good under Schula.
    It seems like some of the younger fans don't remember the winning tradition goes back much further than '98 season.
    It's time to get back on track.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    That's one of the reasons I liked it.
    Imagine that eh.. ESPN propaganda at its finest, another hey look at our article type joke. I hardly ever visit [s]there[/s] their site..

*edit*... maybe I should re-read my posts for proper grammar eh.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Unlike you, this ranking is not ignoring the 1970s.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Unlike you, this ranking is not ignoring the 1970s.

=Z=
    ....or including the early 1900s until the NFL was formed when the Packers won a bunch of titles against the couple other teams in a virtually nonexistent league.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast