Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Well, if you like pale, bald, ponchy guys... than I'm your bitch.
    Are you breathing? Then you're my type.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    National Geographic is not owned by News Corp... so I can't really take any of your post at face value if you clearly don't know the facts. They are owned by the National Geographic Society.

    News Corp owns shares in National Geographic Channel, National Geographic International and National Geographic Wild. Owning shares does not equal owning the company.

    Hope this helps.
    Somebody is being a little nitpicky eh? Newscorp owns a 75% share of NGC. I totally understand that the only reason you broke down stock ownership in NG and their affiliated branches was to draw attention away from your ridiculous comparison of Fox News to the Fox Sunday NFL broadcast. So for that, I apologize for calling you out. Now please, back to your usual dose of outlandish comments filled with paranoia, scandal, conspiracy, insult and most prevalently a thick stench of condesendence.

    Cheerio!

  3. #23
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6
    And the Fox debate can roll over to private messages if you want.....

    Fox Sports and sports media is the discussion here.

  4. #24
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    Somebody is being a little nitpicky eh? Newscorp owns a 75% share of NGC. I totally understand that the only reason you broke down stock ownership in NG and their affiliated branches was to draw attention away from your ridiculous comparison of Fox News to the Fox Sunday NFL broadcast. So for that, I apologize for calling you out. Now please, back to your usual dose of outlandish comments filled with paranoia, scandal, conspiracy, insult and most prevalently a thick stench of condesendence.

    Cheerio!
    Not really, my father has worked in the news industry for my entire life and continues to do so. I know much more about broadcast industry than most. Sorry if that offends you. Also, my apologies about having to explain your comments to you. It really could be avoided if you simply knew what you were talking about.

    If you were aware of the way a corporation works, you'd know that it's not too outlandish to think FOX News and FOX Sports follow the same routine... they are under the same umbrella and follow the same rules of conduct (or lack of one). If you think that tactics such as falsifying headlines is limited to the FOX Sports only, you would be incorrect and incredibly myopic.... especially after the phone hacking scandal by World News.

    In any case, I'm sorry if you're a FOX News fan and offended by my claims, which was made obvious by claiming I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist... rather than simply discuss the topic at hand. This is a common method used by FOX News too, so I know you've been closely watching/worshiping.

    And it's easy to be condescending when dealing with FOX News viewers. Reading the back of a cereal box would be considered condescending to them too. Too many big words.

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    *snip*
    Remember, folks, the over/under on the 3rd banning of CMac was 3 weeks.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Are you breathing? Then you're my type.

    =Z=
    I suppose a smokers cough doesn't hurt either?

  7. #27
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Yahoo does this all the time. It works too, every time I go there I end up clicking on 2 or 3 stories when all I wanted to do was check my fantasy football team. It's all about getting clicks, the story/truth behind the headline is secondary.
    Yeah, here's a screenshot I took of my Yahoo news bar when checking my junkmail:

    NO WAY!!

    All joking aside, this shouldn't be newsworthy. Every bit of media now days are in for the clicks/views. It's about what sells, not about what is real news (sports or otherwise). It's why we almost exclusively see only bad stories.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  8. #28
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Not really, my father has worked in the news industry for my entire life and continues to do so. I know much more about broadcast industry than most. Sorry if that offends you. Also, my apologies about having to explain your comments to you. It really could be avoided if you simply knew what you were talking about.

    If you were aware of the way a corporation works, you'd know that it's not too outlandish to think FOX News and FOX Sports follow the same routine... they are under the same umbrella and follow the same rules of conduct (or lack of one). If you think that tactics such as falsifying headlines is limited to the FOX Sports only, you would be incorrect and incredibly myopic.... especially after the phone hacking scandal by World News.

    In any case, I'm sorry if you're a FOX News fan and offended by my claims, which was made obvious by claiming I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist... rather than simply discuss the topic at hand. This is a common method used by FOX News too, so I know you've been closely watching/worshiping.

    And it's easy to be condescending when dealing with FOX News viewers. Reading the back of a cereal box would be considered condescending to them too. Too many big words.
    My point was and still is that it's dumb to bring FOX News into a discussion about a Fox Sports Sunday NFL broadcast.

    Once again you got backed into a corner and called out on a foolish post. The best you could do in response was start going off on unrelated subject matter and getting more insulting. You fail.

    Oh, and btw...I hate FOX News. But nice try on that assumption.

  9. #29
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    My point was and still is that it's dumb to bring FOX News into a discussion about a Fox Sports Sunday NFL broadcast.

    Once again you got backed into a corner and called out on a foolish post. The best you could do in response was start going off on unrelated subject matter and getting more insulting. You fail.

    Oh, and btw...I hate FOX News. But nice try on that assumption.
    Eh, whatever. I guess I'm the one that wrongly stated FOX owned National Geographic too.

    You can have your FOX victory if it means that much to you.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    981
    Cutler is a little candy arse and everybody knows it...next story please.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •