Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fox Sports admits fabrication of newspaper headlines

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/20/fox-sports-admits-they-fabricated-newspaper-headlines/

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 20, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
    During the Bears season opener, Fox Sports wanted to reference some headlines that questioned Jay Cutler’s toughness in last year’s NFC Championship game.
    Since no headlines actually existed in any newspaper, Fox decided to make them up. And then say they were real. Seriously.
    Here are the three headlines Fox used as a graphic, via Poynter:
    1. “Cutler Leaves With Injury”
    2. “Cutler Lacks Courage”
    3. “Cutler’s No Leader”
    Fox analyst Darryl Johnson backed them up by saying “these are the actual headlines from the local papers in Chicago.”
    Except they weren’t. The Chicago Tribune thought the headlines sounded fishy because Cutler was defended locally. They did an investigation, and there no such headlines in Chicago. Or anywhere else in the country.
    “It was misleading,” admitted FOX Sports spokesman Dan Bell.

It’s more than misleading. They intentionally made up headlines and then went out of their way to say they were real.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Wow, FOX lies?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Yahoo does this all the time. It works too, every time I go there I end up clicking on 2 or 3 stories when all I wanted to do was check my fantasy football team. It's all about getting clicks, the story/truth behind the headline is secondary.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Wow, FOX lies?
    Yep, along with every other media outlet. The latest prior to Fox was the Star Trib.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Drivel my friends. Read it for what its worth, make an assesment if you believe it or not and moveon.

On a side note, I wonder if my good friend Caine will now not participate in any threads that have "Fox" articles in them like he does Bleacher Report?

(Sorry Caine, couldn't resist the little jab)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHorns82 View Post
    Yep, along with every other media outlet. The latest prior to Fox was the Star Trib.
    Was that before the World News hacking scandal? Because that's pretty much FOX also...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Drivel my friends. Read it for what its worth, make an assesment if you believe it or not and moveon.
    Read what? This was part of the broadcast of the game.

Am I the only one who actually read the PFT story posted?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Read what? This was part of the broadcast of the game.

Am I the only one who actually read the PFT story posted?

=Z=
    I read it... did something in everyone's posts say make you think otherwise?

FOX news should be federally investigated, not for this story in particular, but for showing a lack of ethics reaching to the very top.

Why aren't they? Well.... that's the big question.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I read it... did something in everyone's posts say make you think otherwise?

FOX news should be federally investigated, not for this story in particular, but for showing a lack of ethics reaching to the very top.

Why aren't they? Well.... that's the big question.
    The babbling about the STrib and Yahoo.

As to "federally investigated" - why? Is there a law that says TV networks have to tell the truth?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The babbling about the STrib and Yahoo.

As to "federally investigated" - why? Is there a law that says TV networks have to tell the truth?

=Z=
    Babbling? Please.

The babbling didn't start until C mac starting talking about Fox NEWS when it was in fact Fox SPORTS in discussion. You know, the same Fox Sports that we watch on game day...not the right wing media outlet. Might as well drag National Geographic into the discussion as well since they are also owned by Newscorp.

Strib and Yahoo points still stand as valid. They are media outlets that fabricate bullshit to sell shit...much like Fox Sports did on their broadcast. Maybe you weren't paying attention when the Strib made up a bunch of B.S. about the Vikings and the new stadium deal a couple weeks back?

Fucking babbling... jeezus Christ - really?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast