Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Re:Four people voted for Brett Favre as Comeback Play

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    VikesFan787 wrote:
    How about Cedric Benson?!
    I don't think Benson came BACK (part of being a comeback player). It would imply he was there at some point, lost it and came back. Benson would be a choice for breakout player, not comeback though.
    HEY WELL KISS MY...

Sike, lol. Good point.
    +1

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

green hornet wrote:
    Actually the more I think about it, and hate to say, but Ochocinco should have won.
    I was thinking that as well. The Brady pick was very boring.

Benson didn't come back, he just broke out. Just like said before

Favre didn't come back from anything but a 'minor' injury, compared to Brady's, which bothered him for 5 games which he still played in.

Cadillac had a pretty mediocre season. I don't know if it's those knees that have slowed him down a little or the supporting cast that just sucks so bad, but I wouldn't exactly call his season a big comeback one, except from actually playing a full season for once.

Brady came back from a knee injury as a pocket QB. I know, it's a tough injury and a successfull return is always guaranteed, but the man barely moved anyway. At least it got back to being strong enough to support him when he's throwing....

I would've liked Vince Young. Mental problems are often overlooked. It was pretty obvious that the kid had some problems. He tackled them and came back very strong. Can't have anything but respect for that.

I'll throw in a wild card who didn't get a vote. Someone who had reconstructive knee surgery halfway november and suited up at the start of the season. Someone who had to share some time at the start of the season and still ended up with 105 tackles, 4.0 sacks and 7 passes 'defensed' and flying all over the field.

And I'm pretty sure that ILB is a little harder on those knees than being a pocket monster.

I'm guessing that you guys won't agree, but I think that Nick Barnett would've been a worthy consideration.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I would have voted for VY. For a guy who came close to killing himself and was bench last season, he lead the titans on an amazing ride to finish that season.

Caddy is a great choice. This young man blew out his knee and crushed it this season. He deserves some recognition.

As for Brady. Wow. What the hell are the voters thinking? Sure he hurt his knee last year. But who cares? His team won more games last year than they did this year without him. A bunch of garbage.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

VikesFan787 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    VikesFan787 wrote:
    How about Cedric Benson?!
    I don't think Benson came BACK (part of being a comeback player). It would imply he was there at some point, lost it and came back. Benson would be a choice for breakout player, not comeback though.
    HEY WELL KISS MY...

Sike, lol. Good point.
    +1
    You two crack me up.

I don't think Benson did anything other than keep his nose clean cause the league is watching him, as well as to live up to his potential so that he could get a cash payday.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

How did mars get in the vote - and why did he have 4 votes?

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Patriots Unable to Overcome Drew Bledsoe's Injury
    January 11th 2010
    sportsp.com

New England's stay in the postseason was brief thanks to a 33-14 first round playoff defeat at home to the Baltimore Ravens. But it's impressive the team even made it that far, say the Patriots and their fans, considering they've were stuck starting backup quarterback Tom Brady.

"Drew Bledsoe is our franchise quarterback -- has been since we drafted him No. 1 overall in 1993," said Patriots owner Robert Kraft. "He's been to four Pro Bowls. So when you lose someone like him to injury and have to start a sixth round compensatory draft choice ... well, that's tough to overcome. With Drew in there, I'm confident we would have won the Super Bowl."...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12