Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Fossil to Dennyland

POSTED 11:33 p.m. EST, November 6, 2006; LAST UPDATED 12:13 a.m. EST, November 7, 2006

CARDS LOOKING AT FASSEL AS A CONSULTANT

A league source tells us that the Arizona Cardinals are looking at the possibility of bringing in former Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Fassel as an offensive consultant.

The move, in our view, could be part of a broader plan by the Bidwell family to get current coach Dennis Green to quit.
    Green likely will consider the addition of Fassel as a vote of no confidence in Green's ability to turn around a talented-but-terrible 1-7 team.

If Green quits, he gets no severance package.
    If they fire him, he's owed the balance of his contract, which runs through the end of the 2007 season.

Fassel, who preceded Tom Coughlin as the head coach of the Giants, previously served as the Cardinals' offensive coordinator, but he wasn't offered the head coaching job at the time that the vacant position went to Green.

This is Green's third season as the head coach.
    In the 87-year history of the franchise, the longest tenure of any coach with the team has been only six seasons.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: Fossil to Dennyland

I've always liked the term "offensive consultant". WTF is that? Is Denny too shy to fire his newest OC? "No, just leave him on the payroll and bring in an offensive consultant". Shades of the Tice era in Minnesota. I don't know why he doesn't just promote Steve Loney to OC, after all he does have experience at the position.
    Even babies know the difference.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I've read this article several times now and each time I read it, a song keeps coming to mind...........

Desperadoooooooo, why don't you come to you senses???

Good luck with that, Arizona.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I doubt he will quit and lose that cash, he will have to be fired or bought out.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Denny not's quitting the Bidwells are on the hook for about 3.5million. He is not walking away from that type of money.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!