Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    A forgone conclusion

    [size=13pt]A forgone conclusion[/size]

    Maurice Draine
    The Daily Tribune

    Friday, May 11th, 2007 08:30:25 PM


    Let’s just save the rest of the NFL the trouble and give the 2007-08 Lombardi Trophy to the New England Patriots right now.

    There were only two teams this off season that can be considered free-agency winners.

    The San Francisco 49ers and the Patriots.........

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A forgone conclusion[/size]

    Let’s just save the rest of the NFL the trouble and give the 2007-08 Lombardi Trophy to the New England Patriots right now.

    There were only two teams this off season that can be considered free-agency winners.

    The San Francisco 49ers and the Patriots.........
    I'd rather nail my dick to a burning building

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    OK, I'll give the Pats and 49ers a win in the FA column.
    But I give Minnesota, Atlanta, and Dallas a helluva lot higher marks in the draft column.

    If free agency alone could win the superbowl, Oakland and Washington would be perennial favorites.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A forgone conclusion[/size]

    Let’s just save the rest of the NFL the trouble and give the 2007-08 Lombardi Trophy to the New England Patriots right now.

    There were only two teams this off season that can be considered free-agency winners.

    The San Francisco 49ers and the Patriots.........
    I'd rather nail my slick willy to a burning building
    i would rather just watch the 2007-2008 season instead!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin


  5. #5
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,458

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A forgone conclusion[/size]

    Let’s just save the rest of the NFL the trouble and give the 2007-08 Lombardi Trophy to the New England Patriots right now.

    There were only two teams this off season that can be considered free-agency winners.

    The San Francisco 49ers and the Patriots.........
    I'd rather nail my dick to a burning building
    I am with you on that one Cog.
    Well maybe not with you but in support of your action.

    WWBGD

  6. #6
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    "RK." wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A forgone conclusion[/size]

    Let’s just save the rest of the NFL the trouble and give the 2007-08 Lombardi Trophy to the New England Patriots right now.

    There were only two teams this off season that can be considered free-agency winners.

    The San Francisco 49ers and the Patriots.........
    I'd rather nail my dick to a burning building
    I am with you on that one Cog.
    Well maybe not with you but in support of your action.

    , that would at least get you some man pts if you survived.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #7
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A forgone conclusion[/size]

    Let’s just save the rest of the NFL the trouble and give the 2007-08 Lombardi Trophy to the New England Patriots right now.

    There were only two teams this off season that can be considered free-agency winners.

    The San Francisco 49ers and the Patriots.........
    I'd rather nail my dick to a burning building
    That sounds fun, is that covered by insurance?

  8. #8
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    So signing second-rate wide receivers (Welker hasn't proved to be a top-notch receiver yet; Stallworth needs to have a season without being injured or getting suspended; Randy hasn't been the same since 2003, and Kelly Who?), a 30-year-old Linebacker, and a blocking Tight End from Jacksonville make you have the best Free Agency in 2007? Oh dear.

    And yes, I know Adalius Thomas just came off an 11-sack season, but look at the last few Linebackers who left Baltimore and see how they did. Edgerton Hartwell can't stay healthy, Peter Boulware couldn't get a job anywhere else and went back to Baltimore with his tail between his legs, Jamie Sharper never really recovered his Ravens form after leaving.. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Thomas won't be as productive in New England as he was in Baltimore.

    There.. I said it.

    This FA class sucked, and those that did manage to get decent players overpaid for them (San Francisco, I'm looking at you).

  9. #9
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    772

    Re: A forgone conclusion


    Thank you, Benet, for posting what I've been thinking since FA began this year.
    If any other team had made the moves that the Patsies did, the Media Morons would be ho-hum about it.
    This FA crop HAS been weak, which is why I firmly believe the Vikes Front Office has been quiet in that aspect.
    The only DECENT FAs this year haven't fit into the schemes our coaches employ, had character issues that Childress didn't want to deal with, or just plain didn't want to play in Minnesota for one reason or another.

    I know Childress & Co. have said they like to build through the Draft, but come next year, I'd be willing to wager that if there's a glaring need at one position or another, and the FA class produces a veteran or two that can fill the need and satisfy the other parameters, that/those particular player(s) WILL be in Purple.


    Bank on it.
    Wilf has already proven he's not afraid to pay the right guys.

    Piss on the Pats...they're just this generation's Media darlings, and the moves they've made this offseason reek of desperation by Belichick to cement his place in the HOF by winning one more Championship before he retires.

    JMO


  10. #10
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: A forgone conclusion

    the patsies broke their team phill by going deep in FA..

    it seems like a desperate push to regain the SB form they had in the last few years. well it work?
    has it worked before?

    and it's because they broke the norm that they are now the media spotlite..

    here's a?

    would they still be the center of attention had Moss gone to GB?

    they've also lost so much talent.. does the FA aquirees fill those wholes?

    i wouldn't hand anythin over to them as of yet.. but.. that's not to say they are gonna suck more cause of their new players.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Los's More Sincere Conclusion
    By LosAngelis in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 04:30 PM
  2. Los's Conclusion
    By LosAngelis in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 12:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •