Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flexed? WTF?!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Flexed? WTF?!

Part of it is curiosity about the Favre saga, but it's mostly that a lot of people are hoping to see Vick rack up a record-breaking 109-3 victory against the Vikings.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

From what I've read each of the networks gets to pick one game to protect.
    My guess would be CBS protected Jets Bears and Fox protected Giants packers.
    New Orleans Atlanta is Monday so they can't take that.
    The only other game that has two playoff contenders is Colts Raiders, who are both mediocre this year.

Vick is the most exciting player in the NFL. Eagles are the most exciting team in the NFL.
    The Vikings bring [strike]alot of drama[/strike] Favre to the game, and have some very explosive playmakers(Peterson, Harvin, Rice).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085189
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085186
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085176
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085173
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085167
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1085156
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085153
    Maybe some football minds can help me out here.

Why the hell did they flex the Eagles/Vikes?

There are so many better games! Bears/Jets and Giants/Packers! Who wants to see us get murdered again.
    Its called Mike Vick
    That makes no sense. Lets see watch two playoff teams or one. Seems like a no brainer to me. Nobody wants to watch a beat down. That is fact. Look at the ratings when teams start to murder others. People turn off the TV or switch to something else.
    Take a look at the HOF voting. The masses want to see Vick. Doesn't matter to them who is playoff bound, just who gives them a better viewership.

Those of us that want to see good football (I'm still gonna watch the Vikes) would turn to another channel if we didn't have something vested in the game.
    What masses? MVP voting has nothing to do with what people want to watch.

I get Vick is a exciting but not as exciting as playoff football.
    So you don't think that fan voting is an indicator of what/who fans want to see?

I think it has alot to do with who the stations will flex to.
    They are voting for the guy who helped their team the most! MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!
    You missed my question. Key word was "Indicator" for the networks, not what the fans were actually doing.

Again, I think that the networks look at things like Probowl and HOF voting as indicators of what will get the biggest viewer ship. Mix in were that team is at (east/west/middle) in the US and you have what drives what they will flex to.

Like it or not, the drama around the Noodle, the story about Vick is the sell. Not who is in or out of a playoff race.

On a side note, if the Vikes weren't in the game, I wouldn't be watching it just for that reason. I'm like you, I want to see good football. That equates to teams that are in the playoff hunt. Not teams with a recovering dog killer and a QB that doesn't know he is washed up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1085211
    From what I've read each of the networks gets to pick one game to protect.
    My guess would be CBS protected Jets Bears and Fox protected Giants packers.
    Ahhhhh that makes sense. Thanks. I knew someone would step up!

Going to get to watch booth here! Some good football this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085215

There are so many better games! Bears/Jets and Giants/Packers! Who wants to see us get murdered again.
    Its called Mike Vick
    That makes no sense. Lets see watch two playoff teams or one. Seems like a no brainer to me. Nobody wants to watch a beat down. That is fact. Look at the ratings when teams start to murder others. People turn off the TV or switch to something else.
    Take a look at the HOF voting. The masses want to see Vick. Doesn't matter to them who is playoff bound, just who gives them a better viewership.

Those of us that want to see good football (I'm still gonna watch the Vikes) would turn to another channel if we didn't have something vested in the game.

So you don't think that fan voting is an indicator of what/who fans want to see?

They are voting for the guy who helped their team the most! MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!
    You missed my question. Key word was "Indicator" for the networks, not what the fans were actually doing.

Again, I think that the networks look at things like Probowl and HOF voting as indicators of what will get the biggest viewer ship. Mix in were that team is at (east/west/middle) in the US and you have what drives what they will flex to.

Like it or not, the drama around the Noodle, the story about Vick is the sell. Not who is in or out of a playoff race.

On a side note, if the Vikes weren't in the game, I wouldn't be watching it just for that reason. I'm like you, I want to see good football. That equates to teams that are in the playoff hunt. Not teams with a recovering dog killer and a QB that doesn't know he is washed up.
    No I answered your question. The reason is clear now. Thanks Jake.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

They can hype Joe Webb v Mike Vick.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085225

Its called Mike Vick

Jake????????? I think I see whats clear to you my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085230

Its called Mike Vick

What?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085230

Its called Mike Vick

I don't think you are seeing clear at all. Jake is who answered my question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12