Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Re:Five teams nobody wants to face in the playoffs

Given the beatdown the Saints are taking from the Cowgirls right now, I am not concerned about them. Cant stop the run and cant stop the pass rush. Both things the Vikings do well.

SKOL
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

TARKenton wrote:
    Given the beatdown the Saints are taking from the Cowgirls right now, I am not concerned about them. Cant stop the run and cant stop the pass rush. Both things the Vikings do well.

SKOL
    It's just one game, just like the Vikes played poorly against the Cards. They're a very good team and will probably rebound next week... Hell, they still have a pretty good shot of pulling this one out down by 14 with 9 minutes left.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Couple things here.

First, well the aint's didn't pull it off, and quite frankly I don't think they are all that good. Look at the close games they've played lately agasint sub par teams (washington and atlanta). Granted those games were on the road, but there is no way in hell they should've struggled with washington and an injury riddled falcons team. Their defense is just not that impressive. Their o, yes, very scary.

The packers are beating up on piss poor teams for the most part who basically peaked early and are pissing their seasons away (the 9ers, ravens, bears-I guess they never really peaked) and it's not like they're blowing teams out.

The Eagles scare me just because they have our number. It must be a mind thing, because I honestly cannot remember when the last time we actually beat them was, and they've knocked us out of the playoffs twice in the last, what 5 years.

The Chargers are tough, and the colts always struggle against them so you know Payton and co. don't want to see them.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

KrackerJack wrote:
    TARKenton wrote:

SKOL
    It's just one game, just like the Vikes played poorly against the Cards. They're a very good team and will probably rebound next week... Hell, they still have a pretty good shot of pulling this one out down by 14 with 9 minutes left.
    For a minute there, the Saints looked like they might tie the game up. Visions of the Skins game kept spinning in my head, espiecaly after the missed chip shot of a field goal... But
    Cowboys held on and won a very well earned Win. Probably the best I've seen the Cowboys play all season. Romo played a hell of a game, and Ware is just a beast.

Thanks and Congrats Cowboys, for one hell of an upset you handed the Saints tonight.

1/2 game behind for the NFC#1 Seed, so we need to play our best from here on out. We can still earn that homefield advantage for the playoffs..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Anyone want to revisit this thread?

Teams I worry about (Probably in order of concern).

a. Saints. Unless our DL can pressure Bree's (they couldn't pressure Moore last night against a patched together OL) he will pick our Secondary apart.

That will in turn lead to us having to abandon our running game, for what its worth and put the load on the Noodle. I bet that scenario wasn't what the staff had in mind.

Thier passing attack covers the whole field. We would have to defend, deep, short, and intermediate. Perfect profile to exploit our cover 2.

b. Chargers. I haven't watched them for about 4 or 5 weeks. Spent alot of time watching them against the Bengals yesterday. They are a balanced team, almost, but that damn deep ball worries the shit out of me.

c. PUKERS. Admit it or not, this team is not the same team we faced the first two times. The OL is coming together and has given Rodgers time. The D was in the top 3 in almost all catagories before the Steelers game.

Then throw in the whole, "Beat a team three times in a season" issue and you have me just a tad worried.

d. Eagles. Has anyone been watching what D-nabb and Jackson have been doing? Same issue with respect to pressure from our DL. To date the Iggles have held up well against some nice DL's, to the point Jackson has one hell of a nice year of big plays.

I for one would hate to see Jackson streaking past Griff/Whinny and getting into our S's. Throw in that FB that they've converted and are now using as a RB. Williams wall couldn't stop Stewart, bet they couldn't stop him either.

Good thing for us, we should play in a dome throughout the NFC playoffs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The way we are looking, I don't want to face any of them.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I for one am not ready hand the Lombardi trophy to the Chargers, Yesterday they needed a 52yd FG to beat the Bengals, Who a week earlier we dismantled easily, (You'd think they would have been a lot less focused yesterday after their terrible past week) Every week is different, The Eagles still have only 1 win over teams with a winning record, And the Chargers have the same amount of losses as us, Their streak means about as much as a certain team 2 years ago that won even more and came away with diddly, Nothing-until the playoffs.

So we lost a game, We're still 11-3, which I thought was pretty good, We didn't get any extra credit for the games we crushed our opponents, So why does a loss mean the end of the world??
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

green hornet is offline Starter

Hopefully hold on to the #2 seed

NordicNed wrote:
    KrackerJack wrote:
    TARKenton wrote:

SKOL
    For a minute there, the Saints looked like they might tie the game up. Visions of the Skins game kept spinning in my head, espiecaly after the missed chip shot of a field goal... But
    Cowboys held on and won a very well earned Win. Probably the best I've seen the Cowboys play all season. Romo played a hell of a game, and Ware is just a beast.

Thanks and Congrats Cowboys, for one hell of an upset you handed the Saints tonight.

1/2 game behind for the NFC#1 Seed, so we need to play our best from here on out. We can still earn that homefield advantage for the playoffs..

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

green hornet wrote:
    Hopefully hold on to the #2 seed
    Have you made the playoffs yet? Just wondering.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

V-Unit wrote:
    Personally, I'm terrified at all of our possible playoff matchups. We will not see the 6th seed, giving us the options of:

3 Seed: Philly - Red hot, with four wins in a row. 3 of their four losses were closes games against very tough opponents. A strong finish would have a lot of people taking the Eagles very seriously. The playoff win in our house from last year also gives them a good reason to think upset.

4 Seed: Arizona - That Sunday Night game thumping we took from them would certainly give them confidence in a rematch. They might just be peaking at the right time, like last year.

5 Seed: Green Bay - The Packers are playing great ball as of late and I wouldn't expect anything less than an inspired effort if they get to face Brett Favre again. We would certainly be taking their best shot.

-V-
    I completely agree. Not sure if we've ever beaten McNabb. Arizona made us look like boys in shorts. Packers seem to be improving rather than regressing (even though Big Ben shredded them yesterday. We gotta buck up...now.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast