Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Five teams can balance attacks with big backs

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    really? He averages 20 carries a game. In the past two seasons he's averaged 21, and then take into account we've turned into more of a passing team with Favre than running team. He also had almost the same amount of receptions that CT got this year (44 vs. 43) for more yardage and a much better average.

To compare, Taylor has watched his carries decrease every season as Peterson takes an INCREASED workload. 303 carries as a starter, to 157 in Peterson's rookie year, 101 and 94 the following two years.

in terms of percentages of touches between the two:

2007: AD: 250 CT: 186 -> 57.4%/42.6%
    2008: AD: 384 CT: 146 -> 72.5%/27.5%
    2009: AD: 357 CT: 138 -> 72.2%/27.8%

Now, how exactly does that translate to "this staff [trying] to limit AD's reps in an effort to extend his career" The percentage of touches between the two has gone from close in his rookie year, to almost 3 touches by Peterson for every 1 by Taylor.
    Not sure were you got your numbers.....

2009 AD had 315 Att/CT had 93
    2008 AD had 363 Att/CT had 101
    2007 AD had 116 Att/CT had 109
    I included all touches, rushing or receiving, as that is all part of the workload
    Since you like to throw out vague comments, then pounce on people who comment on yoru comment. Why not give us a bold prediction? How many carries, catches, yards, td's and averages do you think Gerhart will get?
    Two things ....

1. Sometimes I don't put out vague comments. Sometimes I'm pretty specific.
    Oh the irony
    As to predictions. Not one for giving actual numbers, however, if I must......

.....Going by the stat line/history and the assumption that the Noodle will be slinging it all over the place this eyar, I will say AD gets 300 and Toby gets 100.
    so you think that the touches will go 3:1 in favour of Peterson, but at the same time think Gerhart will play a bigger role than Taylor and do much more than we think? I'm not sure how that works.
    Again, show me were I said he was gonna have a bigger role. One more time, I said I think people will be suprised by how he is used.

You seem to keep going down the path of taking reps away even though I try to keep you from doing it.

LOL. Talk about me playing head games.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    really? He averages 20 carries a game. In the past two seasons he's averaged 21, and then take into account we've turned into more of a passing team with Favre than running team. He also had almost the same amount of receptions that CT got this year (44 vs. 43) for more yardage and a much better average.

To compare, Taylor has watched his carries decrease every season as Peterson takes an INCREASED workload. 303 carries as a starter, to 157 in Peterson's rookie year, 101 and 94 the following two years.

Now, how exactly does that translate to "this staff [trying] to limit AD's reps in an effort to extend his career" The percentage of touches between the two has gone from close in his rookie year, to almost 3 touches by Peterson for every 1 by Taylor.

I included all touches, rushing or receiving, as that is all part of the workload
    Since you like to throw out vague comments, then pounce on people who comment on yoru comment. Why not give us a bold prediction? How many carries, catches, yards, td's and averages do you think Gerhart will get?
    Two things ....

Oh the irony

.....Going by the stat line/history and the assumption that the Noodle will be slinging it all over the place this eyar, I will say AD gets 300 and Toby gets 100.
    so you think that the touches will go 3:1 in favour of Peterson, but at the same time think Gerhart will play a bigger role than Taylor and do much more than we think? I'm not sure how that works.
    Again, show me were I said he was gonna have a bigger role. One more time, I said I think people will be suprised by how he is used.
    Because of his versatility (at least percieved) he will get more reps that CT IMHO

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Because of his versatility (at least percieved) he will get more reps that CT IMHO
    [/quote]

IBP - don't fall into the trap of reading what Marrdro actually writes and posts and assuming that's what he actually means. His nuances and yutzocity are the quicksand in which we all will eventually drown.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Two things ....

Oh the irony

But that doesn't say anything about taking reps away from AD.

I like to believe that the Noodle will refrain from alot of passing and the team will get back to what it used to do the best and that is running the ball down peoples throats instead of slinging it around alot.

Of course, I'm also a bit of a realist and know that the Noodle will try to prove me wrong. My biggest fear is that he will, because its his last year, audible out of every run into pass. Then both of the backs reps will go down my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    IBP - don't fall into the trap of reading what Marrdro actually writes and posts and assuming that's what he actually means. His nuances and yutzocity are the quicksand in which we all will eventually drown.

=Z=[/quote]
    Thats twice today......You do get me.....(Marrdro can be seen wiping a tear away)

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Two things ....

Oh the irony

But that doesn't say anything about taking reps away from AD.
    We're going to run a certain amount all season, its a given. How we break it up will affect everyone. If player a gets more carries, that means player b gets fewer. They both can't get more, especially if we're going to be passing alot.
    I like to believe that the Noodle will refrain from alot of passing and the team will get back to what it used to do the best and that is running the ball down peoples throats instead of slinging it around alot.
    But you also predict 300 carries for Peterson, and 100 carries from Gerhart, which is a significant decrease for peterson and a very slight increase for the backup. Again, does not make sense.
    Of course, I'm also a bit of a realist and know that the Noodle will try to prove me wrong. My biggest fear is that he will, because its his last year, audible out of every run into pass. Then both of the backs reps will go down my friend.
    yes, I'm sure Favre does that just do prove you wrong. It has nothing to do with him being a 20 year vet and actually knowing how to operate an offense.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    We're going to run a certain amount all season, its a given. How we break it up will affect everyone. If player a gets more carries, that means player b gets fewer. They both can't get more, especially if we're going to be passing alot.
    However, if we don't pass more, then we run more.

But you also predict 300 carries for Peterson, and 100 carries from Gerhart, which is a significant decrease for peterson and a very slight increase for the backup. Again, does not make sense.
    See why I don't like to put actual numbers out there. Makes no sense to try, but because you forced me, I did.

yes, I'm sure Favre does that just do prove you wrong. It has nothing to do with him being a 20 year vet and actually knowing how to operate an offense.
    He is the bane of my existance. Only put on this earth to cause me nothing but heartache and woe.

Young, Gerhart to get plenty of work at minicamp
    Uhhhhh Ohhhhhh. Taking reps away from all the other backups. LOL. :laugh:

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    you don't say. Are you telling me that they are actually giving their second draft choice a decent amount of reps in practice? No Way!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Gerhart will get a crash course on the Vikings offense when he takes part in the three-day mandatory minicamp that starts Friday.
    Off tackle left, Off tackle right, leave field for passing play. Average series for a MN RB in the KAO :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast