Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

First Round QBs Driving Playoff Teams

First Rd QBs Driving Playoff Teams

Wait, you're telling me most successful teams drafted QBs in the first round? YA DON'T SAY.

Idk though, I'd like to see a stat on how many first round DTs are driving playoff teams before I make a real decision on whether or not I think we should draft a QB in the first round. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: First Round QBs Driving Playoff Teams

Like I said, it is time.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Weird how drafting well can affect your team in a positive way. Who ever thought that would work?
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1086685
    Weird how drafting well can affect your team in a positive way. Who ever thought that would work?
    And its just as wierd how you can bring in a vet who can affect it in a good and a bad way as well.

On a side note/question......Are you saying the Vikings haven't drafted well since 2006?

IMHO, they've done a hell of alot better than the previous regime did.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1086426
    First Rd QBs Driving Playoff Teams

Wait, you're telling me most successful teams drafted QBs in the first round? YA DON'T SAY.

Idk though, I'd like to see a stat on how many first round DTs are driving playoff teams before I make a real decision on whether or not I think we should draft a QB in the first round. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    It'd be interesting to see how many teams with 1rst round QB's are sitting at home.

Broncos - Tebow
    Raiders - Russell. Wait, did he even play this year.
    Cleveland - Quinn. Wait, didn't he get moved. Does he count for both teams?
    Titans - Young. Wait. I think his coach just forced the owner to drop him.
    Cards - Lienart. Hmmmmm, another two team candidate I think.
    49rs - Smith
    Deadskins - Campbell. Hmmmmm, Another two team candidate.
    Chargers - Rivers
    Bills - Losman.
    Bengals. Palmer
    Jags - Leftwhich. Wait. I think he is the first 3 team canidate.
    Ravens - Boller
    Deadskins - Grossman. Well, you could almost say that Cutler saved the Bores and Broncos as a loophole I guess.
    Texans - Carr. Wait, isn't that the guy that is on the 49'rs that they brought in a street sweeper to replace.
    Lions - Harrington. Is he even playing still? Gotta be Stafford then.
    Vikings - Ramsey. .......snicker.....that one cracked me up.
    Dolphins - Pennington. Could we also say the Jets? Wait, Sanchize saved them.

I guess I can stop there. Someplace around 15ish. Add that to the teams that are in with thier first rounders and it isn't as impressive as the author makes it out to be.

Look, I'm not against taking a guy. I'm just saying that they don't work out as well as some think. The staff better make sure they get the right guy and he fits the scheme and shouldn't just take a guy cause he is there to appease some fans.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marrdro
    Look, I'm not against taking a guy. I'm just saying that they don't work out as well as some think. The staff better make sure they get the right guy and he fits the scheme and shouldn't just take a guy cause he is there to appease some fans.
    We've been over this many many times. First round doesn't guarantee a good player, but it gives you a significantly better shot at getting a good player than any other round. Any.

One of the problems the Vikings have, however, is there might be six or more teams ahead of them who are looking for the same player to lead them back from the dumper. There's Carolina at No. 1, Buffalo at No. 3, Arizona at No. 5, possibly San Francisco at No. 7, possibly Tennessee at No. 8 and Washington at No. 10.
    Vikings have to get in line to draft franchise QB

1. Carolina Panthers Andrew Luck, Q.B. -1 Franchise QB
    2. Denver Broncos - Tebow? Lets say they stay with him.
    3. Buffalo Bills - Cam Newton, QB -2 Franchise QB's
    4. Cincinnati Bengals - Palmer
    5. Arizona Cardinals - Skelton/DA? Gabbert -3 Franchise QB's
    6. Cleveland Browns - McCoy (Lots of INTs at the end but against good D's. Lets say they stay with him.
    7. San Francisco 49ers - Smith? Mallet - 4 Franchise QB's
    8. Tennessee Titans Shitcanned Young. Loucke -5 Franchise QB's
    9. Dallas Cowboys Romo
    10. Washington Redskins Dnabb? They only signed him so they can get something for him instead of letting him walk. Louck - 6th Best QB
    11. Houston Texans Schaub
    12. Minnesota Vikings Web Leaves us with the 7th best QB.

Key note, rotate the QB's in order/team anyway you like. My point still stands that if we get a kid at 12, he will be the 7th best QB.

When was the last time 7 first round QB's panned out in a draft.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1086929
    We've been over this many many times. First round doesn't guarantee a good player, but it gives you a significantly better shot at getting a good player than any other round. Any.
    It doesn't matter were they are drafted. First rounders only make the fans a little more forgiving as the kid struggles.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086935
    It doesn't matter were they are drafted. First rounders only make the fans a little more forgiving as the kid struggles.

It absolutely does matter. To think otherwise is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1086938
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086935

It absolutely does matter. To think otherwise is asinine.
    Why ya gotta go with the asinine comment?

You see how many first rounders are sitting at home?

What matters is how well the staff scouts for talent. If a kid can be had in a later round that will work, you draft him long before you draft a kid that is highly touted and then doesn't work out.

Again, whats important is the scouting process, not were they are taken.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast