Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Fins, Steelers to open 2007 season.

FINS, STEELERS TO OPEN 2007 SEASON
    27 March 2006
    Mike Florio

Keeping with recent tradition, the Steelers will host the Thursday night season opener, on September 7.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Armando Salguero and Jason Cole of the Miami Herald report that the NFL will announce on Monday that the Steelers and Dolphins will get together at Heinz Field for the first official game of 2006.

It'll be the second straight season that an offensive cornerstone traded away by the Minnesota Vikings will visit the defending Super Bowl champs. In 2005, receiver Randy Moss and the Oakland Raiders traveled to New England for a game against the Patriots. This time around, quarterback Daunte Culpepper and his new team head to the 'Burgh.

Some surely will interpret the move as a hint that the Dolphins and the league office are confident that quarterback Culpepper's torn up knee will be sufficiently recovered to permit him to play in the opener. Then again, if Culpepper can't play and if the Dolphins sign former Steelers quarterback Tommy Maddox to be the backup, the whole Christian-getting-fed-to-the-lions angle might be even more compelling.

Miami finished the 2005 season with six straight wins, and has upgraded the roster with the addition of Culpepper.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Fins, Steelers to open 2007 season.

Based on the opponents we play and the loss of the two Superstars on the team over the past two years, the Vikes will probably only get one primetime game and that would be the one against Miami. Maybe another Christmas game against the Pack... Which basically means Im screwed since I live in Texas and am subjected to the horrors of the Dallas Cowgirls

Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, New England, N.Y. Jets, Carolina Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo, Miami, Washington

Prophet Guest

Seattle will most likely be nationally televised. The rivalry is thick due to the whole Hutch ordeal and now the Burleson rebuttal.

Del Rio Guest

We will get our Monday night game, and probably at least one sunday nighter if not more.

I would be very shocked if Daunte was ready to play. If he does play I hope he is doing the right thing. Rushing back may be worse in the long run then making sure he is solid. Best bet for Miami is to let that running game carry them until they are 100% sure Daunte is healed.

If he gets it in his head that he has to play to proove something to Minnesota, to the NFL, he could end up hurting himself even more.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Del Rio" wrote:
    We will get our Monday night game, and probably at least one sunday nighter if not more.

I would be very shocked if Daunte was ready to play. If he does play I hope he is doing the right thing. Rushing back may be worse in the long run then making sure he is solid. Best bet for Miami is to let that running game carry them until they are 100% sure Daunte is healed.

If he gets it in his head that he has to play to proove something to Minnesota, to the NFL, he could end up hurting himself even more.
    I am sure the NFL will schedule the Miami-Minnesota game late in the season so Daunte has a better chance of starting. Rating will be much better if he is the starter. I also expect the Seattle-Minnesota game to be scheduled fairly early, maybe the firat half. That way both teams will have similar records, and it won't be a pointless game. Again, better ratings.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

LL-MMan is offline Starter

Seattle and Miami will be nationally televised. I'm sure we'll get a Monday and Sunday nighter.

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Redmption" wrote:
    Based on the opponents we play and the loss of the two Superstars on the team over the past two years, the Vikes will probably only get one primetime game and that would be the one against Miami. Maybe another Christmas game against the Pack... Which basically means Im screwed since I live in Texas and am subjected to the horrors of the Dallas Cowgirls

Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, New England, N.Y. Jets, Carolina Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo, Miami, Washington
    We have the opening Monday night game against Washington!

Weird that they are going to have 2 Monday night games, it just seems strange. The rating for Monday night games have been dropping for years, and so they add a second game. Is it over saturating the market?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

LL-MMan is offline Starter

I'd prefer 2 games. I think it's going to be huge.

More money you spend getting drunk at the bars!

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

Prophet Guest

I missed the two MNF games...where was that mentioned? I wouldn't mind it though. The Fins/Steelers is on Thursday night.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:

We have the opening Monday night game against Washington!

Weird that they are going to have 2 Monday night games, it just seems strange. The rating for Monday night games have been dropping for years, and so they add a second game. Is it over saturating the market?
    It's just two games for opening week I think. At the beginning of the season, there's a lot of interest because every team is undefeated and has a chance at winning (even the Packers!) so I guess that's why they've got 2 games on Monday night. Plus its a new network, that might have something to do with it too.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast