Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    [size=13pt]Taylor and Dolphins to part ways[/size]

    By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

    11 hours, 52 minutes ago



    Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has already moved away from South Florida. The only thing left is to figure out his next address.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Taylor and Dolphins to part ways[/size]

    By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

    11 hours, 52 minutes ago



    Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has already moved away from South Florida. The only thing left is to figure out his next address.....
    Damn that Tuna guy.
    Shitcanning all the good Miami players and using the draft to replace them as well as bringing in a few of his guys as stop gaps.

    True, the Dolphins did trade for 33-year-old defensive tackle Jason Ferguson, but there are other reasons for that. Ferguson came cheap (he essentially cost Miami a sixth-round pick in 2009), he’s a stopgap at defensive tackle (a spot where the Dolphins are truly horrible right now) and he’s a Parcells guy,
    Were the hell did he come up with a damn plan like that.
    To think, he has all kinds of money, and he is passing up on "Proven" "Big Name Players" like Faneca and Adams.

    That’s why the Dolphins, even with a truckload of cap room, have been conspicuously absent in the sweepstakes for top linemen such as Alan Faneca and Flozell Adams.
    Sure glad our front office didn't shit can any of our fan favorite players that didn't fit the new scheme and bring in a bunch of guys the coach could use as stop gap players like that.
    Not sure how I would have dealt with that if that happened.

    I'd probably be blaming the coach and calling for his head still today if that did happen and some guy would be calling me a yutz on a Vikings fan page.


    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Taylor and Dolphins to part ways[/size]

    By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

    11 hours, 52 minutes ago



    Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has already moved away from South Florida. The only thing left is to figure out his next address.....
    Damn that Tuna guy.
    Shitcanning all the good Miami players and using the draft to replace them as well as bringing in a few of his guys as stop gaps.

    True, the Dolphins did trade for 33-year-old defensive tackle Jason Ferguson, but there are other reasons for that. Ferguson came cheap (he essentially cost Miami a sixth-round pick in 2009), he’s a stopgap at defensive tackle (a spot where the Dolphins are truly horrible right now) and he’s a Parcells guy,
    Were the hell did he come up with a damn plan like that.
    To think, he has all kinds of money, and he is passing up on "Proven" "Big Name Players" like Faneca and Adams.

    That’s why the Dolphins, even with a truckload of cap room, have been conspicuously absent in the sweepstakes for top linemen such as Alan Faneca and Flozell Adams.
    Sure glad our front office didn't shit can any of our fan favorite players that didn't fit the new scheme and bring in a bunch of guys the coach could use as stop gap players like that.
    Not sure how I would have dealt with that if that happened.

    I'd probably be blaming the coach and calling for his head still today if that did happen and some guy would be calling me a yutz on a Vikings fan page.


    ;D
    Give me a break, are you now comparing Parcells taking over a team that was what, 1-15 to a team that Wilf took over that was 9-7 ? You have to do better than that Marty.

    When Childress took over,as we have been through in the past, he said "There is no shortage of talent on the team and we can win right away".You did not hear that from Parcells. Everybody knew he was going to gut the roster. Had the Vikings came in and gutted the roster you could argue that. They lost a QB and a WR early and did little to replace them when good players were available.


    If you want to compare. the Vikings went from 9-7 in 1 BC (Before Childress
    ;D ) and 6-10 in 1 BAD(Before AD
    ;D )
    Are you willing to bet that Parcells team will go on a backwards slide and still not attain last years record for at least 3 years? ;D

  4. #14
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,993

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    I would give up two picks for Taylor, he's got a couple of years left and he is still in great shape! He would help us a ton!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #15
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    Saw on the espn bottom line they will keep him unless he retires

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    They will have an awesome pass rush if they keep him and draft Long.

  7. #17
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    They will go Matt Ryan im sure

    They won't go with John Beck and just lost Cleo Lemon

    Tried to get McCown but that didn't work too well

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Taylor and Dolphins to part ways[/size]

    By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

    11 hours, 52 minutes ago



    Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has already moved away from South Florida. The only thing left is to figure out his next address.....
    gol 'darnit that Tuna guy.
    Shitcanning all the good Miami players and using the draft to replace them as well as bringing in a few of his guys as stop gaps.

    True, the Dolphins did trade for 33-year-old defensive tackle Jason Ferguson, but there are other reasons for that. Ferguson came cheap (he essentially cost Miami a sixth-round pick in 2009), he’s a stopgap at defensive tackle (a spot where the Dolphins are truly horrible right now) and he’s a Parcells guy,
    Were the hell did he come up with a gol 'darnit plan like that.
    To think, he has all kinds of money, and he is passing up on "Proven" "Big Name Players" like Faneca and Adams.

    That’s why the Dolphins, even with a truckload of cap room, have been conspicuously absent in the sweepstakes for top linemen such as Alan Faneca and Flozell Adams.
    Sure glad our front office didn't pooh can any of our fan favorite players that didn't fit the new scheme and bring in a bunch of guys the coach could use as stop gap players like that.
    Not sure how I would have dealt with that if that happened.

    I'd probably be blaming the coach and calling for his head still today if that did happen and some guy would be calling me a yutz on a Vikings fan page.



    ;D
    Give me a break, are you now comparing Parcells taking over a team that was what, 1-15 to a team that Wilf took over that was 9-7 ? You have to do better than that Marty.

    When Childress took over,as we have been through in the past, he said "There is no shortage of talent on the team and we can win right away".You did not hear that from Parcells. Everybody knew he was going to gut the roster. Had the Vikings came in and gutted the roster you could argue that. They lost a QB and a WR early and did little to replace them when good players were available.


    If you want to compare. the Vikings went from 9-7 in 1 BC (Before Childress
    ;D ) and 6-10 in 1 BAD(Before AD
    ;D )

    Are you willing to bet that Parcells team will go on a backwards slide and still not attain last years record for at least 3 years? ;D
    Nope thats not what I am doing.
    What I am doing is highlighting what happens when a new coach and a new scheme come in and the players don't fit that scheme, regardless of what the record was the previous year.

    Only way a HC even thinks about "Not breaking something that isn't broken" is if it isn't broken.

    Keep chanting the 9-7 record.
    It was broken and going down hill fast.
    Failed drafts, Poor management by the front office etc etc etc.

    If you believe otherwise then you wear a deeper shade of purple in your glasses than I.
    ;D

    And yes, I bet the Fins don't win more that 4 games next year and believe they will have to get damn lucky to get to 6 the following year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Taylor and Dolphins to part ways[/size]

    By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

    11 hours, 52 minutes ago



    Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has already moved away from South Florida. The only thing left is to figure out his next address.....
    gol 'darnit that Tuna guy.
    Shitcanning all the good Miami players and using the draft to replace them as well as bringing in a few of his guys as stop gaps.

    True, the Dolphins did trade for 33-year-old defensive tackle Jason Ferguson, but there are other reasons for that. Ferguson came cheap (he essentially cost Miami a sixth-round pick in 2009), he’s a stopgap at defensive tackle (a spot where the Dolphins are truly horrible right now) and he’s a Parcells guy,
    Were the hell did he come up with a gol 'darnit plan like that.
    To think, he has all kinds of money, and he is passing up on "Proven" "Big Name Players" like Faneca and Adams.

    That’s why the Dolphins, even with a truckload of cap room, have been conspicuously absent in the sweepstakes for top linemen such as Alan Faneca and Flozell Adams.
    Sure glad our front office didn't pooh can any of our fan favorite players that didn't fit the new scheme and bring in a bunch of guys the coach could use as stop gap players like that.
    Not sure how I would have dealt with that if that happened.

    I'd probably be blaming the coach and calling for his head still today if that did happen and some guy would be calling me a yutz on a Vikings fan page.


    ;D
    Give me a break, are you now comparing Parcells taking over a team that was what, 1-15 to a team that Wilf took over that was 9-7 ? You have to do better than that Marty.

    When Childress took over,as we have been through in the past, he said "There is no shortage of talent on the team and we can win right away".You did not hear that from Parcells. Everybody knew he was going to gut the roster. Had the Vikings came in and gutted the roster you could argue that. They lost a QB and a WR early and did little to replace them when good players were available.


    If you want to compare. the Vikings went from 9-7 in 1 BC (Before Childress
    ;D ) and 6-10 in 1 BAD(Before AD
    ;D )
    Are you willing to bet that Parcells team will go on a backwards slide and still not attain last years record for at least 3 years? ;D
    Nope thats not what I am doing.
    What I am doing is highlighting what happens when a new coach and a new scheme come in and the players don't fit that scheme, regardless of what the record was the previous year.

    Only way a HC even thinks about "Not breaking something that isn't broken" is if it isn't broken.

    Keep chanting the 9-7 record.
    It was broken and going down hill fast.
    Failed drafts, Poor management by the front office etc etc etc.

    If you believe otherwise then you wear a deeper shade of purple in your glasses than I.
    ;D

    And yes, I bet the Fins don't win more that 4 games next year and believe they will have to get damn lucky to get to 6 the following year.
    Just for comparisons sake..........




    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Fin's Jason Taylor to the Pack for a 2nd & 4th round pick?

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    And yes, I bet the Fins don't win more that 4 games next year and believe they will have to get damn lucky to get to 6 the following year.
    What's the matter? Did you use up all your optimism on the Vikings?

    ;D

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. (MERGED) Jason Taylor?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 05:15 AM
  2. redskins release de jason taylor
    By fourdoorchevelle in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 12:00 AM
  3. Pack interested in Jason Taylor?
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 09:48 AM
  4. Packers Contact Jason Taylor
    By PackOne in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 04:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •