Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Fins fixin' to move up?

    POSTED 10:23 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:38 a.m. EDT, March 15, 2007

    FINS FIXIN' TO MOVE UP?
    pft.com

    Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins might be bringing in quarterbacks JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn for pre-draft visits.

    Though there's a chance (albeit slim) that Quinn will still be on the board when the Fins use the No. 9 overall pick, it's unlikely that Russell will fall that far.

    Thus, Salguero suggests (and we agree) that Miami could be plotting a move up in round one.


    There are rumors of talks between the Lions and other teams about the No. 2 overall pick, which Detroit currently owns.
    Indeed, we've caught wind of a trade that almost went down on Wednesday, which would have dropped Detroit deep into round one.

    Under the trade value chart, the Fins would have to come up with 1,250 points in order to bridge the gap from No. 9 (which is worth 1,350 points) to No. 2 (which is worth 2,600 points).
    Alternatively, they'd be required to pony up an acceptable pack of players, possibly including quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

    If healthy, Culpepper could be an intriguing fit in the Mike Martz offense.
    Some of Culpepper's best throws have come when he acts decisively in response to his first read.
    If Martz could get him to make quick decisions in a fast-paced offense, Culpepper might perform far better than when he stands in the pocket like a moose in the headlights.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Fins fixin' to move up?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    POSTED 10:23 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:38 a.m. EDT, March 15, 2007

    FINS FIXIN' TO MOVE UP?
    pft.com

    Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins might be bringing in quarterbacks JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn for pre-draft visits.

    Though there's a chance (albeit slim) that Quinn will still be on the board when the Fins use the No. 9 overall pick, it's unlikely that Russell will fall that far.

    Thus, Salguero suggests (and we agree) that Miami could be plotting a move up in round one.


    There are rumors of talks between the Lions and other teams about the No. 2 overall pick, which Detroit currently owns.
    Indeed, we've caught wind of a trade that almost went down on Wednesday, which would have dropped Detroit deep into round one.

    Under the trade value chart, the Fins would have to come up with 1,250 points in order to bridge the gap from No. 9 (which is worth 1,350 points) to No. 2 (which is worth 2,600 points).
    Alternatively, they'd be required to pony up an acceptable pack of players, possibly including quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

    If healthy, Culpepper could be an intriguing fit in the Mike Martz offense.
    Some of Culpepper's best throws have come when he acts decisively in response to his first read.
    If Martz could get him to make quick decisions in a fast-paced offense, Culpepper might perform far better than when he stands in the pocket like a moose in the headlights.

    Culpepper in a Lion uniform.
    I bet he'd love that.
    For some reason playing him twice a year doesn't nearly haunt me as much as playing Moss twice a year.
    I honestly hope he does not get picked up by the Packers.
    As far as Daunte going to Detroit, so be it.
    It will nice sacking him for two games a year instead of one game every three years.

  3. #3
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Fins fixin' to move up?

    I hope this happens.

    It would just be funny that he would be back up in the snow far away from the state of Florida.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fins fixin' to move up?

    By all means, let this trade happen!
    I would much rather face Culpepper twice a year than Quinn or Russell!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Fins fixin' to move up?

    It would be funny to Culpepper in a Lion's uni and Moss in Green and Gold.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #6
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: Fins fixin' to move up?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    POSTED 10:23 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:38 a.m. EDT, March 15, 2007

    FINS FIXIN' TO MOVE UP?
    pft.com

    Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins might be bringing in quarterbacks JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn for pre-draft visits.

    Though there's a chance (albeit slim) that Quinn will still be on the board when the Fins use the No. 9 overall pick, it's unlikely that Russell will fall that far.

    Thus, Salguero suggests (and we agree) that Miami could be plotting a move up in round one.


    There are rumors of talks between the Lions and other teams about the No. 2 overall pick, which Detroit currently owns.
    Indeed, we've caught wind of a trade that almost went down on Wednesday, which would have dropped Detroit deep into round one.

    Under the trade value chart, the Fins would have to come up with 1,250 points in order to bridge the gap from No. 9 (which is worth 1,350 points) to No. 2 (which is worth 2,600 points).
    Alternatively, they'd be required to pony up an acceptable pack of players, possibly including quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

    If healthy, Culpepper could be an intriguing fit in the Mike Martz offense.
    Some of Culpepper's best throws have come when he acts decisively in response to his first read.
    If Martz could get him to make quick decisions in a fast-paced offense, Culpepper might perform far better than when he stands in the pocket like a moose in the headlights.
    Good luck with that. Culpepper will never be that kind of QB. It is why I never liked him in purple, too many 'Moose in Headlights' plays.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fins fixin' to move up?

    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    Good luck with that. Culpepper will never be that kind of QB. It is why I never liked him in purple, too many 'Moose in Headlights' plays.
    Not true.
    That is the type of system Linehan had him in in 2004.
    You know, the year that he performed better than every other QB except for Paton Manning?

    But I don't think that he could perform the same in Detroit. No Moss and a broken body.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    SWAYZE74's Avatar
    SWAYZE74 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    258

    Re: Fins fixin' to move up?



    I think Pep would have a very hard time in Madman Martz's system, he just holds the ball to dang long.
    peace...

Similar Threads

  1. Frazier to Interview for Fins Job
    By seaniemck7 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 07:02 AM
  2. Crybaby re-signs with Fins
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 08:33 PM
  3. Capers to Fins as DC
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
  4. T-Ho to Fins?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 12:03 AM
  5. Filet the Fins
    By vikes2456 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2002, 12:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •