COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Finally -- A writer takes on the "experts"

I found this on Fox Sports. A column written by Kevin Hench about the Packers game last week and the praised heaped on them by the TV announcers which was just BS!

Joke of the week

I know it's an easy target to pile on the incomparably annoying announcing trio of Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire, but they really outdid themselves during Sunday's brutal matchup between the Packers and the Lions.

With the score tied 13-13 in the fourth quarter, Green Bay running back Samkon Gado found himself trapped in the end zone and in his effort to avoid a safety, lunged forward and just sort of spilled the ball out of the end zone, where it was recovered just beyond the goal-line by a Packer lineman.

This led to a bizarre officiating sequence when the stripes first called the dropped ball intentional grounding and then overruled themselves by saying Gado — the passer — was outside the pocket when he spilled the ball forward. This was a pass?

Patrick, Theismann and Maguire, meanwhile, fell all over each other talking about what a heads-up play Gado had made. Really? The guy almost turns a safety into a TD for the defense with his best Garo Yepremian impression, and it's a smart play? In chilly Green Bay, I guess the announcers were suffering from the same brain freeze that seized Gado.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Finally -- A writer takes on the "experts"

He's right (for once) about the Three SNF Stooges...but I hate that guy Hench...he is such a Bahston HOMER that it clouds his judgment...even moreso than his butt buddy Bill Simmons...they both SUCK in terms of being total New England jerks who think that they know it all...typical Bahston fans!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I found this on Fox Sports. A column written by Kevin Hench about the Packers game last week and the praised heaped on them by the TV announcers which was just BS!

Joke of the week

I know it's an easy target to pile on the incomparably annoying announcing trio of Mike Patrick, Joe Theismann and Paul Maguire, but they really outdid themselves during Sunday's brutal matchup between the Packers and the Lions.

With the score tied 13-13 in the fourth quarter, Green Bay running back Samkon Gado found himself trapped in the end zone and in his effort to avoid a safety, lunged forward and just sort of spilled the ball out of the end zone, where it was recovered just beyond the goal-line by a Packer lineman.

This led to a bizarre officiating sequence when the stripes first called the dropped ball intentional grounding and then overruled themselves by saying Gado — the passer — was outside the pocket when he spilled the ball forward. This was a pass?

Patrick, Theismann and Maguire, meanwhile, fell all over each other talking about what a heads-up play Gado had made. Really? The guy almost turns a safety into a TD for the defense with his best Garo Yepremian impression, and it's a smart play? In chilly Green Bay, I guess the announcers were suffering from the same brain freeze that seized Gado.
    The thing is, the "pass" that Gado did was outside of the tackle box and never in danger of poss. being a TD. The rule book says "Passer" and not QB, RB or anyone else. If he was inside the tackle box, it would have been just intentional grounding. Now, I myself and most dont think Gado was smart enough to know the rule book this well in this situation, but who knows ... it worked didn't it ?!?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i didnt see the play, because theres no way i was gonna watch that game, but i heard about it and it seems so stupid. i think the refs blew it.
    We're bringing purple back.