Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Favre's chronic hip condition...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/8744130

You know, since nobody in his family died this year.....

So everybody better feel sorry for this "TRUE HERO" :roll:

He's had this all these years, so why bring it up now??
    P.S. I hate when they call Favre a hero for putting up with people dying in the family, I've done it, you guys probably have too, I mean what's he supposed to do? Kill himself over it?

Real heroes: War vets, fire fighters, ETC.
    Not heroes: Athletes!

So f*** Favre and his pu**y a** hips!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Favre's chronic hip condition...

I think Athletes can be heros....In ways... To over come the odds that some of em have had...(i.e. troy williamson) and become what they are...is very inspirational to people...I kno when i Hyper extended my Leg and fractured my fibula and growth plate...Almost the same injury as willis mcgaee...I looked up to him....and worked Hard to get my leg back to 100%...but none the less...farve sucks....hes over due for retirement

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

They'll never be my hero....bunch of overpaid cry babies....

Real heroes do things for the sake of saving others...like fire fighters

Athletes do everything for the sake of their bank account, don't kid yourself! If someone like T.O. overcomes the odds to play in the Super Bowl, what happens the next season? Oh, need more money for my dedication....give me a break, if he was dedicated to the game he'd play for free! Athletes aren't heroes....no REAL heroes anyways....they overcome injuries so they can make their money...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

You cant Really put a Lable on a hero its like you sayin..my moms my hero...well did your mom ever save a life, climb mount everst...serve in the army...and not sayin she didnt ...but just in generall....heros come in all shapes in sizes...and to me...willis mcgaee was a hero to me when i broke my leg....

"I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    You cant Really put a Lable on a hero its like you sayin..my moms my hero...well did your mom ever save a life, climb mount everst...serve in the army...and not sayin she didnt ...but just in generall....heros come in all shapes in sizes...and to me...willis mcgaee was a hero to me when i broke my leg....

Is your mom a football player??? Is she Brett Favre??? Athletes aren't heroes....at least not the ones that rake in money, Rickey Henderson, he could be a hero...he plays for the San Diego Surfdogs now! But not Favre, people just don't give up when someone dies! He gets too much credit for bullsh*t! If the media simply portrayed him as an all time great QB and left all that other b/s out, I wouldn't have a problem....but to say he's a hero cuz his family died off...please! Daunte Culpepper was adopted, he didn't have a family to begin with....but you don't see the media bringing that up every offseason and calling him a hero....f*** Favre!

Lol maybe you dont realize...i hate the living sh1t outta farve....Im just saying some Sports Players can be heros to people...and you cant say they arnt....Cuz there is no specific hero

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"audioghost" wrote:
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/8744130

You know, since nobody in his family died this year.....

So everybody better feel sorry for this "TRUE HERO" :roll:

He's had this all these years, so why bring it up now??
    P.S. I hate when they call Favre a hero for putting up with people dying in the family, I've done it, you guys probably have too, I mean what's he supposed to do? Kill himself over it?

[size=18px]Real heroes: War vets, fire fighters, ETC.
    Not heroes: Athletes!

So f*** Favre and his pu**y a** hips!
    [/size]

you should make this statement in to a t-shirt. the best thing I have ever heard.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

One thng you have to admit though, Favre's chronic problem is better to have than Onterrio's problem with the chronic.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ltrey33" wrote:
    One thng you have to admit though, Favre's chronic problem is better to have than Onterrio's problem with the chronic.
    Swish!

Nice comment bro! :grin:

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Twas interesting. They predicted that Favre would only be able to play for four years or so, and then would have to retire a la Bo Jackson, who had the same condition as he. Regardless, Favre will end up with replacement hip surgery, most likely within five years after retirement.

Football players as heroes? There's no comparison as to the kind of herosim performed by the great warriors, such as MacArthur, or the guys who fight on the lines in Iraq and Afghanistan. There's not even a comparison to fire fighters or cops who put their lives at risk every day.

All football players, whether their last name is Favre or Culpepper, Williamson or Driver, are highly paid athletic entertainers, more comprable to "Gladiator" than "Black Hawk Down". Even the lowliest of scrubs who fart through a 17-weeks season on a practice squad will pull down more money than most of us do in a year.

My only response to your anti-hero rant, which I know as well as anyone is based on prejudicial bias against a certain player, would be to turn that narrow focus on people who regard any athlete as a hero, and if those athletes are equally unworthy. And...are those fans just as idiotic as Favre fans for doing so?

Lance Armstrong? Hero? Or not?

Michael Jordan?

Cris Carter?

Frank Tarkenton?

I ask for nothing more than consistency. Have a good day!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast