Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

Favre thinks the Pack can compete at a high level?

"Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation," Favre said of the team's 4-12 season, his only losing one in Green Bay. "If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

Full Story

I just can't believe anyone could be so stupid, how can it be possible that he could even have any hint of hope that they could compete at a high level?

I think he is mulling the possibility of going to a contender for one last run at another Super Bowl.

I can think of one team that spent a ton of money in FA with 5 first day draft picks that just may be a stud QB away from a serious Super Bowl run... :lol:

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Favre thinks the Pack can compete at a high level?

and then the Vicodin wore off

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

What he doesn't seem to understand is that the Packers are NEVER GOING TO COMPETE AT A HIGH LEVEL UNTIL HE LEAVES.

And it is for that reason that I am ecstatic that he going to play for the Packers in 2006. Nobody in Green Bay has the balls to tell Favre to pack his bags and go back to working on his tractor and spending time with his family (both activities which I find particularly honourable, especially the latter considering what he has been through off-the-field the last few years). Sadly, his continued presence only postpones the inevitable. With Favre still there the Packers will only ever think short-term, and they'll suck as a result.

how can he even think they'll do better? they lost flanangan, green and davenport are coming off serious injuries, walker wants out, and he himself is getting older and not playing even close to the level he once did!
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnwildfan79" wrote:
    "Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation," Favre said of the team's 4-12 season, his only losing one in Green Bay. "If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

Full Story

I just can't believe anyone could be so stupid, how can it be possible that he could even have any hint of hope that they could compete at a high level?

I think he is mulling the possibility of going to a contender for one last run at another Super Bowl.

I can think of one team that spent a ton of money in FA with 5 first day draft picks that just may be a stud QB away from a serious Super Bowl run... :lol:
    BUT we would have to root for him!!! ukeright:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnwildfan79" wrote:

Full Story

BUT we would have to root for him!!! ukeright:
    I thought about that, and in my opinion it would be worth it. This is why...

close your eyes and imagine every single packer fan's face when they found out that their God, Brett Favre had deserted them to go to the hated Vikings.

that thought alone brings a huge grin to my face.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

The cheese won't even compete at a high level after he leaves.. Unless they sigh a whole crap load of talent in the coming years, they don't stand a chance.. He will be good for atleast 35 int's next season if he comes back. I mean come on, he won't let another QB break a record.. He will have the most int's in a single season when he is done. Anyone know the most ever picks in a season?

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/9248440

more Favre news, didn't want to start another thread.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

i hate the pack as much as anyone, im sure u can tell that from my name on here. but i think if they have all their offensive starters back and healthy, j-walk plays, and they shore up their offensive line, they could easily make a push for the playoffs. assuming of course that the d plays like it did last year for bates.

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"thepacksux" wrote:
    i hate the pack as much as anyone, im sure u can tell that from my name on here. but i think if they have all their offensive starters back and healthy, j-walk plays, and they shore up their offensive line, they could easily make a push for the playoffs. assuming of course that the d plays like it did last year for bates.
    True. But let's not forget their head coach's glorious history.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast