Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Favre: There's not a timetable

as much as we diss favre..you have to repect him to a certain extent....is he milking this? yes....but i don't think that he means to, he seems like a geniunly nice guy, and i still think that he can help a team...i don't think that hes helping the packers unless they think that aaron rodgers still isn't developed lol.

i know he would never leave green bay, but if he did it wouldn't be that bad for some teams to pick him up as a one year band aid.
    he couldn't be worse then BJ was this year, and at least he would take a shot or two downfield
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleCanuck" wrote:
    as much as we diss favre..you have to repect him to a certain extent....is he milking this? yes....but i don't think that he means to, he seems like a geniunly nice guy, and i still think that he can help a team...i don't think that hes helping the packers unless they think that aaron rodgers still isn't developed lol.

i know he would never leave green bay, but if he did it wouldn't be that bad for some teams to pick him up as a one year band aid.
    he couldn't be worse then BJ was this year, and at least he would take a shot or two downfield
    It's customary on PP.O to avoid logic when talking about Favre.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I would expect nothing less from that glory hog.. He just wants all the attention placed on him, and him alone... He is a putz.. I can't stand that idiot..

Del Rio Guest

Favre can toss my salad.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 4:03 p.m. EST, January 31, 2007

FAVRE DECISION COMING?

It's still not clear whether Packers quarterback Brett Favre a/k/a Lord Favre will finally retire after four years of talking about it.
    But what is clear is that the Packers likely will have an answer early enough in the offseason to plan for his presence.
    Or absence.

Favre recently spoke to coach Mike McCarthy, and McCarthy was left that the decision will come down to family and personal issues.

"It really has nothing to do with the team," McCarthy said, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
    "I think Brett's questions last year were with regards to so many new things:
    new coach, new staff, (new) terminology, new players.
    The issue of whether to play, from my understanding, really doesn't have anything to do with the team.

"Everyone understands the timeframe we're dealing with, but we haven't put a timeline on it," McCarthy added. "Obviously, we just don't want to get into what we got into last year."

G.M. Ted Thompson also acknowledges that the decision, whatever it is, won't come late in the offseason.
    "Mike has had some conversations with him the last several days and I'm sure I'll be in touch with him pretty soon.
    I think everybody understands where we are.
    Brett was the first one to say he'd like to make a decision early."

And the Packers definitely need the decision to come early.
    Aaron Rodgers, a guy whom they didn't expect to be available when the Packers used their first-round pick in 2005, by all appearances isn't the long-term answer.
    Even if he is (or might be), Green Bay needs a game-ready quarterback in 2007.
    If Favre calls it quits.

Enter Jeff Garcia, an expert in the West Coast offense who'll be available as of midnight on March 2.
    If Favre isn't coming back, Garcia is the best option in the free-agent market.

Another benefit to chasing Garcia is that landing him would also hurt the Packers' NFC North rivals in Minnesota, who are expected to make a run at the former 49er, Lion, Brown, and Eagle.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

IMO If he was really going to retire he would have already made the announcement and moved on to doing vicodin commercials.
    As much as I hate to say/think it, I think that he is going to be back next year just to torture MN fans more!!!
    Just my random thought...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Vike-IAmGRAte" wrote:
    IMO If he was really going to retire he would have already made the announcement and moved on to doing vicodin commercials.
    As much as I hate to say/think it, I think that he is going to be back next year just to torture MN fans more!!!

He really hasn't done much of anything to torture us the past couple of years anyways.. Unless you are talking about him just suiting up.. The only decent play he made against us in the past couple of years would probably be the TD pass to Driver at the Metrodome this year.. Other then that, the Vikes have kept him at bay..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Vike-IAmGRAte" wrote:

He really hasn't done much of anything to torture us the past couple of years anyways.. Unless you are talking about him just suiting up.. The only decent play he made against us in the past couple of years would probably be the TD pass to Driver at the Metrodome this year.. Other then that, the Vikes have kept him at bay..
    EXACTLY!!!
    Just the mere thought of him.
    I can't stand him and your comment about him being a media hog is right on target.
    That is probably what makes me hate him even more...I have to see his Prilosec ads on billboards, and TV and in the newspaper...I think I am beginning to get heartburn just from looking at them.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Vike-IAmGRAte" wrote:

He will be back...to make a run at the TD record that Marino holds...but he is gonna get the INT record from Blanda as a BOOBY prize...and not the kind of BOOBY that us Viking men like!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Vike-IAmGRAte" wrote:

He will be back...to make a run at the TD record that Marino holds...but he is gonna get the INT record from Blanda as a BOOBY prize...and not the kind of BOOBY that us Viking men like!
    ;D
    Is it the kind if Booby packer fans like?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast