Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Favre Sunday Conversation (Retirement?)

Farve on ESPN Sunday Conversation right now. Sounds like he might be hanging them up.

Certainly the most introspective I have seen him.

He is talking about telling some of his family that the season finale might be his last game.

Talking about his family and his daughter graduating from high school.

And I think the most telling quote. "What if its crunch time, two minutes left, do you want the ball? I dont know if I do anymore."

Says he has told Packers Management that "I dont know if I can be comitted to this team anymore."

"If I have to pick right now and make a decision to live with right now, I would say that I am not coming back."

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Re: Favre Sunday Conversation (Retirement?)

Great News.

He shoulda hung em up 2 years ago.

I really hate when these legends play for 20 years and end on a bad note.
    Retired 12/21/08

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe it is the truth this time. I remember when his daughter was in 8th grade and he was talking about how next year when she was a freshmen that he wanted to see her play sports and be part of her life and the rest of his family. Now she is a senior??

It does sound like he is ready, but I won't believe it until the fall when there is no #4 Green and Gold Jersey on the field.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I heard him speak on ESPNEWS.

1st he said "If I retire what would I do. There's days when I wake up & say I can't quit"

Then he said, "Then there's days when I say, What if its crunch time, two minutes left, do you want the ball? I dont know if I do anymore."

His final comment as Turboe already mentioned was, "If I have to pick right now and make a decision to live with, right now, today, I would say that I am not coming back."

It sounded to me like he wasn't coming back. He didn't look like a happy camper when he spoke, but rather like he'd lost his best friend.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Ya, it is hard to hang'em up.

Football has to be an addiction of some sorts.

I saw something, I think it was on Real Sports, that many guys go through a depression after football. Even the guys that go out on their own terms. A guy like Favre that has made tons of money has it easier, he shouldn't have to worry about himself financially, but the average Joe who you think has made a lot of money has probably spent a lot of money too. They have a more difficult time. A former NFL player, has kind of a help network for guys that need a transition.

madvike is offline Waterboy

That was almost the best thing Ive heard all day. Almost. Boomer gave Nate one of the greatest catches of year
    Our season may of gone down down the crappers, but we still beat the packers

[size=18px]Favre may be leaning toward retirement [/size]

Brett Favre told ESPN he would retire if he had to decide today.

By MIKE VANDERMAUSE
    PackersNews.com

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre said in an exclusive interview with ESPN on Sunday he hasn’t decided whether to play next season but is leaning toward retirement.

“If I had to pick right now, just make a damn decision and live with it, I would say I’m not coming back,” Favre said on ESPN’s “SportsCenter.”

In the taped 5-minute interview, Favre clearly seemed torn by the decision.

“There’s days I wake up and I say, ‘You know what, I can’t retire. It would be stupid. What will I do?’ ” Favre said. “And there’s other days I go, ‘You know what, if it’s crunch time, 2 minutes left, do you want the ball?’ I don’t know if I do. That’s the things I have to sort out right now.”

The Packers are coming off a 4-12 season, Favre’s first losing season in his 14-year tenure in Green Bay. Favre said there’s no guarantee the Packers will be better next season.

“If I knew it would be better, would it make my decision easier? Sure it would,” Favre said. “But there’s no guarantees in football.”

Favre told ESPN he feels fine physically. “I feel as good now as I did three or four years ago,” he said. “My arm is as good today as it was 10 years ago.”

But Favre said he doesn’t know whether he is mentally ready to play another season. “I still know I can play,” he said. “I still love to play. But there’s just so much more to it than that now. I never thought it would get complicated. I never thought mentally I would give out before I would physically.”

Favre met with Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and new coach Mike McCarthy last week and said he was honest about his mixed feelings.

“I love the team, I love the Packers, and it’s not about me, it’s about everyone involved and I want to make the right decision for everyone involved,” Favre said. “They know where I stand, I just wish I knew where I stood.”

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_24509434.shtml

Del Rio Guest

It's getting pretty old. Either retire or stay. Simple.

Cry wolf every single year.

He's actually being a prick about this whole thing. His team NEEDS to know so they can move on. He's talking about waiting until JULY! That's Bullshit. If I was the Coach GM, I would say we need an answer by friday. Or your ass is gone.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    It's getting pretty old. Either retire or stay. Simple.

Cry wolf every single year.

He's actually being a prick about this whole thing. His team NEEDS to know so they can move on. He's talking about waiting until JULY! That's kaka del toro. If I was the Coach GM, I would say we need an answer by friday. Or your jiggly butt is gone.
    Yep! That's what I was thinking, but I have this little devil inside me wishing he would wait until training camp to make his decision.

If that were the case, it could fuck up GB's draft & FA moves.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Great News.

He shoulda hung em up 2 years ago.

I really hate when these legends play for 20 years and end on a bad note.
    I'de agree with this also,

Two that come to mind are Jerry Rice and Emit Smith...Both played beyond their time......Jerry for love of the game, Emit to get a record..

I think it's the perfect time for Farve to retire, and I think they already know he is going to....

Like I said before on another post, thats why we had to see so much TV coverage about Farve this year, before - during - and after games via the media...

I also believe they are waiting for a prime time to drop the bomb...I'de guess just before or just after the Super Bowl....Also, a good possibility, just before the Draft.....This way Farve and the Media can get the utmost coverage and fans attention.

If he does stay another year, Great for us, he's been on a big slide going downhill and that adds up to Two Wins for us again next year....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast