Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: Favre to return if Packers hire Mariucci as head coach!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Hey, I don't want Farve to leave.
    First of all he's old and has become a bad QB and we can beat him.
    Secondly what would the media have to talk about?
    And three -- What could we hate?
    So, so true :wink:

What I found a suprise was that Favre hasn't gotten in contact with Sherman since his firing? :shock:
    Does this suprise anyone else? At one point, wasn't Sherman all Favre had left on that team as far as veterans and what not? Odd..
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Hey, I don't want Farve to leave.
    First of all he's old and has become a bad QB and we can beat him.
    Secondly what would the media have to talk about?
    And three -- What could we hate?
    And 4th -- W.W.J.M.D.?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I think that if Favre retires then Madden is going to throw his own boat party to help ease the pain of not being able to see his favorite centerfold out there on the battlefield in tight yellow pants anymore.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    I think that if Favre retires then Madden is going to throw his own boat party to help ease the pain of not being able to see his favorite centerfold out there on the battlefield in tight yellow pants anymore.
    Nah, he can do like the rest of the media and jump on the " Pretty Peyton " bandwagon ... :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

CynicalVike is offline Starter

Why would Mooch want to coach any team this year or next?

He's going to make $5 million each year on his contract from Detroit! For $10 million I could maybe find a reason to go fishing or something else for the next 2 years.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

The drama continues in Green Bay:

PACK DOESN'T WANT FAVRE

Okay, the team hasn't said it. And they never will. But it's now becoming increasingly obvious that, at the same time guys like G.M. Ted Thompson say all the right things regarding quarterback Brett Favre, the team is sending off virations suggesting that the time has come for him to walk away.

Dumping head coach Mike Sherman was the first message, especially since Favre suggested during the season that the presence of Sherman would be a factor in his possible return.

Also, we reported after coach Steve Mariucci was fired by the Lions that Favre privately had said that he'd like to see his former position coach (from 1992 to 1995) return to the team as the head coach, if Sherman goes.

Favre's agent essentially has confirmed these rumors by openly politicking for Mooch to get the job in Green Bay.

"I think that would have a huge determination on Brett's decision," Bus Cook told WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. "They do enjoy a special relationship."

But Mooch isn't on the list of eight candidates for the job.

Eight names, and Favre's preferred choice isn't on the list.

Maybe Thompson instead should hang a banner over Main Street that says, "Thanks for the Years of Loyal Service, Brett -- Now Get the Hell Out."

That's the import, folks. Thompson doesn't want the guy that Brett wants; thus, Thompson doesn't want Brett.

So the real question is whether Brett gets mad enough about the diss to continue his career in another NFL city. The mere possibility of seeing No. 4 in a different helmet is sacrilege for Cheeseheads, but it's a possibility that they all need to begin pondering.

We'd previously floated the possibility of Brett spending a year with the Saints, as the team returns for 2006 to Louisiana, which is a deep out pattern from his home town of Kiln, Mississippi. But now let's look at this a bit more realistically.

First, it would have to be a team that needs a starter. Second, the team would have to be willing to put Brett at the top of the depth chart, and essentially leave him there.

Next, the team would have to be otherwise set with receivers, offensive line, running game, and defense (which leaves out the Saints). Basically, Favre would have to be the final piece of a puzzle that otherwise is in position to contend for a championship.

As we scan the list of 32 NFL teams, we see only one that potentially meets those criteria. And it's the team that enjoyed the services of the last great quarterback who didn't win a Super Bowl -- Dan Marino.

Yep. We think it could work for Favre in Miami. Sign him to a two-year deal, plug him into the offense, let him do his thing, structure an attack around his strengths.

At a time when Fins fans are thinking big when it comes to getting a new quarterback, we think they should start thinking Brett. Because, as we see it, Favre is one of the few guys who could give the team a huge boost at the position, possibly enabling the team to play for the championship in its home stadium in 2006, and allowing Favre to ride off into the sunset a winner, not slink away as a tired and beaten old man.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    I think Madden will spend more time holding up Favres poster with 1 hand.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Call me crazy .... but I say we bring in Farve' if he's left go. Then Brad J. can go on his way .... I wouldn't mind it and plus it would soooooo piss off the Pack fans.

Childress can settle his a$$ down, cut down on the picks ... shore up the "O" line and when D.C. comes back he takes over.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Am I the only one who has secretly hoped that Favre would play for another team. I would love to see him in another color jersey, more than see him retire. One just because I know it would tweak my Packer fan buddies to see him leave their beloved team. I mean can you imagine how they would feel next year having to root against Favre possibly in a game.

As long as he didnt end up in our division, I would love to see him go elsewhere for a year or two. Maybe even have some moderate success just to really piss them off.

I just think the way Green Bay identifies with him (and vice versa) that it will never happen, but I would love to see it. Can you imagine if he goes to some cushy warm weather climate what would John Madden have to say without talking about him being such a warrior out there on the "Frozen Tundra"? I can see Favre's retirement game in 1-2 years coming to you live from South Beach. I think it would be awesome.

Now lets really step into a parallel-universe fantasy world and see Brett win a superbowl (or heaven forbid a couple) somewhere else and go into the hall of fame in a jersey other than Green Bay. Wouldnt that be funny. Sacrelidge to many, but a funny thought none the less.

"Turboe" wrote:
    Am I the only one who has secretly hoped that Favre would play for another team. I would love to see him in another color jersey, more than see him retire. One just because I know it would tweak my Packer fan buddies to see him leave their beloved team. I mean can you imagine how they would feel next year having to root against Favre possibly in a game.

As long as he didnt end up in our division, I would love to see him go elsewhere for a year or two. Maybe even have some moderate success just to really piss them off.

I just think the way Green Bay identifies with him (and vice versa) that it will never happen, but I would love to see it. Can you imagine if he goes to some cushy warm weather climate what would John Madden have to say without talking about him being such a warrior out there on the "Frozen Tundra"? I can see Favre's retirement game in 1-2 years coming to you live from South Beach. I think it would be awesome.

Now lets really step into a parallel-universe fantasy world and see Brett win a superbowl (or heaven forbid a couple) somewhere else and go into the hall of fame in a jersey other than Green Bay. Wouldnt that be funny. Sacrelidge to many, but a funny thought none the less.

If it's true he's secretly being pushed out of G.B. ... It really isn't such a stretch of the imagination to see him in Oakland, Miami, or N.Y. Jets. I agree, that would chap the G.B. fans of a very long time ..... :lol:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast