Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

favre press conference tomorrow

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/9364311

Favre to announce his plans April 8
    NFL.com wire reports
    MILWAUKEE (April 7, 2006) -- Brett Favre has scheduled an April 8 morning news conference, where he is expected to announce whether he'll return to play for the Green Bay Packers this season.

Becky Stuart, a personal assistant to the Favre family, confirmed that the news conference would be held at Favre's charity golf tournament in Tunica, Miss.

In a story in the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Favre said that he told general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy earlier this week that he may have a decision by the weekend or early next week.

"I want to do what's best, obviously, for me and my family," he said. "But regardless of what people might think, I don't want to jeopardize the future of the team. I don't want to do that. I think that the people that know me, including those in the organization, know that."

Favre, who spoke with the Press-Gazette reporter at his golf tournament, said he wouldn't want to play for anyone but the Packers, who finished 4-12 last season, Favre's only losing one in Green Bay.

The 36-year-old Favre, who would be entering his 16th season in the NFL, still feels he can play but said last season rattled his confidence a bit.

"I had a lot of chances to pull us out of the fire last year and I didn't do it," he said.

Favre said he wouldn't return just to collect his $10 million salary or to try to break more records. If that were the case, he said, he already would have made his decision.

"That's sort of my dilemma right now. If I felt like we really could compete for the Super Bowl, I would come back. Or am I coming back just to play and to have fun, and in the process maybe we lose," he said. "Last year was no fun for the fans or for the players, and nobody wants to go through that again."

Favre said he has concerns about the team's offensive line, which struggled last season after the departure of stalwart guards Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera to free agency.

"From a coach's standpoint, you have to say the right things, that we'll be competitive and we'll win, and I truly believe Mike McCarthy will do a fine job," he said. "But really, what have we done to replace the guys that we've lost on the line?"

Favre said McCarthy isn't letting uncertainty about his star quarterback affect his preparation, which includes getting Aaron Rodgers, the team's first-round draft pick last season, ready to start.

Favre said his greatest dilemma is figuring out whether he can get up the energy to have fun, something he didn't have last season.

"It means something to come back and be there, but to come back and be that dominant player, which I wasn't last year. I never blamed it on other guys before and I won't do it now," he said. "I don't want it to be like, 'At one time he was good. He should've retired. He stuck around one year too long.' That wouldn't be fair to anyone."
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Re: favre press conference tomorrow

What is he going to say that the packers still suck???

Thanks PurpleMafia

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

He's gone. Any sally can tell they are gonna suck.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

he's going bye bye, he sold his house in Green Bay in October

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

he has no intention on playing in GB with the way they treated him last year..i hate the guy and he is terribly selfish, but GB had no reason to let all of his linemen walk away just to try to force him to retire
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

The suicide rate and sheep raping in Green Bay tomorrow morning is going to be out of control

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

Come on Favre one more year- Our "new" defense needs to have a shot at ya too!!!

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

I dunno, it would seem more odd of him to announce his retirement at that golf thing than to announce he'll be back. whatever, just make up your god damn mind brett.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

threepete21 is offline Rookie

Just quit already

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    What is he going to say that the packers still suck???
    He's going to say "Thompson didn't do sh!t in FA. We took two steps backwards as a team.

I'm outta here!"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast