Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Two things.

1. Surprise surprise, a "Me" first ass wipe yet against sticks his foot in his mouth cause he is mad at the organization (who put all that talent on the field) elected to shitcan his ass for Rodgers cause he was basically washed up. Booooo Hoooooo.

2. Can we somehow ban any and all articles related to this ass from this site? I for one am ready to move on from that little hiccup in our history as nothing more than the same results we got from the Cunningham hiccup.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Wow...people getting their knickers in a knot after Favre speaks the truth....who'd a thunk it.

Favre is right. Rodgers inherited a team that was LOADED at WR...something Favre never had until the end. Favre is right, Rodgers is surrounded by far better talent than Favre had.

Would Rodgers be as dominant in Seattle? Or in Oakland? Or Jacksonville? Or even HERE?

I doubt it.

Make no mistake, Rodgers is a good QB. He a VERY good QB. But he's had a lot of help since he began his era...something people forget.

People calling Favre's comments "sour grapes" are simply looking for a reason to be critical and ignoring the obvious truth in what he said.

Caine

I agree with you on this...I don't believe it was a knock an Rodgers so much as a complement to Green Bay. Was there a tinge of jealousy, most likely....the team was finally getting a lot of talent around him again, just as he was on his way out. People seem to forget that they were a 13-3 team and lost in OT to the Super Bowl champions the year before Rodgers took over.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Favre is just pathetic now. Who cares what he said, no one will remember the name Favre after Roger's career is said and done.

Also, Tarvaris Jackson is playing a lot better this year than Favre did last year. Just the truth.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I for one am ready to move on from that little hiccup in our history as nothing more than the same results we got from the Cunningham hiccup.
    By "hiccup" do you mean the guy who was responsible for one of the most exciting seasons in viking history. Or was the "hiccup" when that guy gave me greatest football moment I've ever seen as a viking fan (san fran game). He had a bad 2nd year, so what. In my viking lifespan every year save 98 (which you also insult) was a bad year so I'll take it gladly. If it weren't for "hiccups" I guess I wouldn't be a vikings fan.
    Last edited by Gift; 10-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    By "hiccup" do you mean the guy who was responsible for one of the most exciting seasons in viking history. Or was the "hiccup" when that guy gave me greatest football moment I've ever seen as a viking fan (san fran game). He had a bad 2nd year, so what. In my viking lifespan every year save 98 (which you also insult) was a bad year so I'll take it gladly. If it weren't for "hiccups" I guess I wouldn't be a vikings fan.
    Yup...that's the hiccup he refers to. If Marty had his way, Jackson would be QB, Edwards would be at LDE, and Chiller would still be HC...

Caine

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yup...that's the hiccup he refers to. If Marty had his way, Jackson would be QB, Edwards would be at LDE, and Chiller would still be HC...

Caine
    Ha... Daunte Culpepper brought us just as much success as Favre. Who cares that he lost the NFC Championship game for us 2 years ago. People need to get over Favre. The whole "It was an exciting year" excuse is just sad.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    No one should care. Brett Favre is history, for all concerned. Aaron Rodgers absolutely stands on his own merit, and certainly doesn't need Favre to re-affirm anything about his abilities or his team's play. I recommend that Brett Favre take a few pointers from Rodgers outstanding example on how the position should be played, and how to conduct oneself off the field, especially if he decides to come out of retirement for the zillionth time and go play high school football or whatever, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Dfoster; 10-11-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    The whole "It was an exciting year" excuse is just sad.
    Actually not at all, It's the point. Football is just entertainment.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12