Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    "Acumen" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    I reckon Cheeseheads are excited about getting Rodgers some reps.
    He should be primed and ready to get geared up for next year.
    He looked horrible yesterday when I clicked over during Vikes commercials.


    =Z=
    The difference between the Rodgers crowd and the Tarvaris crowd is that Rodgers should be ready to be given a shot so the Cheeseheads can decide which way to go in the future.
    I wonder if that's because he sat on the bench learning the game for the past season and a half and wasn't rushed right into action?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    I reckon Cheeseheads are excited about getting Rodgers some reps.
    He should be primed and ready to get geared up for next year.
    He looked horrible yesterday when I clicked over during Vikes commercials.


    =Z=
    The difference between the Rodgers crowd and the Tarvaris crowd is that Rodgers should be ready to be given a shot so the Cheeseheads can decide which way to go in the future.
    I wonder if that's because he sat on the bench learning the game for the past season and a half and wasn't rushed right into action?

    =Z=
    That might have something to do with it, and maybe he wasn't injured when he went in either.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #23
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    Hell, I still have some Vicatin left from my neck injury, I wonder if he needs any? ;D

  4. #24
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    KFFL
    Packers | Rodgers OUT for season
    Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:29:15 -0800

    ESPNews reports Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (foot) will miss the remainder of the season due to a foot injury.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #25
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    "Acumen" wrote:
    KFFL
    Packers | Rodgers OUT for season
    Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:29:15 -0800

    ESPNews reports Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (foot) will miss the remainder of the season due to a foot injury.
    cue the headlines " Favre battles injury to help see Packers through season" ... ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  6. #26
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    And starting at QB for Green Bay... #7 Martin Ingle!!!
    http://www.packers.com/team/players/martin_ingle/

    As long as we finish the season better than the Pack, then it won't be a complete loss! ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    fanball wrote:
    Packers: Favre's status uncertain

    11/20/06 01:43 PM
    THE NEWS
    Packers quarterback Brett Favre was feeling better on Monday after suffering an elbow injury during Sunday's loss to the Patriots. Head coach Mike McCarthy announced at his Monday press conference that Favre had regained most of the feeling in his right hand. However, McCarthy did not designate Favre's status for the week 12 game against the Seahawks.
    I think the elbow injury is more serious than they are letting on...
    Not having 100% feeling in your throwing hand is pretty bad IMHO...

    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    919

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2669503
    Favre, starting his 251st game including playoffs, injured a nerve in his elbow after getting sacked just before halftime in the Packers' 35-0 loss. He couldn't muster enough strength to adequately grip the football for the rest of the game.
    i wonder if he will be able to "muster" enough strength to retire after this year.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2669503
    Favre, starting his 251st game including playoffs, injured a nerve in his elbow after getting sacked just before halftime in the Packers' 35-0 loss. He couldn't muster enough strength to adequately grip the football for the rest of the game.
    i wonder if he will be able to "muster" enough strength to retire after this year.
    He will have to carted off into retirement.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Favre injured near end of half

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    And starting at QB for Green Bay... #7 Martin Ingle!!!
    http://www.packers.com/team/players/martin_ingle/

    As long as we finish the season better than the Pack, then it won't be a complete loss! ;D
    Wow, I had just heard that Ingle Martin was a backup for the Pack like 2 weeks ago, he played his college ball here at Furman University in Greenville.
    Now he is going to possibly be a starter in the NFL, thats pretty wild.
    Now I have another reason for cheering on the hard sacks of Favre.


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 07:56 AM
  2. Favre injured?
    By DeathtoDenny in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 06:17 PM
  3. Wild find: Half grizzly, half polar bear
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
  4. B. Johnson injured, MeMo is a wuss, Sasser injured.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 05:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •