Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favre Hit

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Favre Hit

"Schutz" wrote:
    Pfh, I give credit to the Actor that is Brett Favre.
    I would have given him an Oscar for all that pain he was showing.
    I thought it was funny him holding his head and all, especially after seeing he wasn't even touched.
    I'd be the same way if a
    Vikings player did that.
    udeze's hand grazed his helmet, but once that flag was thrown everything was fine and dandy

Thanks josdin00

Frostbite is offline Coach

"pack93z" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    I don't care if it was TJ Rubley cube on that play.... A QB getting hit in the head while sliding will get that call every single time. Especially since the Goodell made a point to inform everyone that shots to the head could result in ejections.. the refs are going to call it every stinking time.. Note the Monday night game.. hands to the face of Smith.. not even a hit, it drew a 15 yarder.

But I will agree that Favre gets his share of BS calls, no doubt.

Non-emotional input over.. continue with the Favre rant.
    The play was called helmet to helmet contact and there was none. It was a bad call, end of discussion.
    No, the call was for hitting a QB on the head, especially after he slid (though the slide was so late, the defenders had no chance to avoid him). Right afterwards (and before a replay was shown), the announcers were talking about the 'helmet to helmet' memo that Goodell sent out. I think they thought it was a helmet to helmet hit, but they corrected themselves after the replay. The refs never said anything about helmet to helmet.
    Correct, it wasn't helmet to helmet, but I guarantee that almost every single hit to the head from this point til the end of the year will be flagged. The pressure is getting put to the NFL with concussions in the media, and it will increase in the offseason. The NFL will make a big deal out of it for the remainder of the year. Look at the people that will be talked about again this offseason, Trent Green will be the darling of the media again in regards to concussions. The NFL will try to make a case that they are being as active as possible to prevent them, thus the increase in penalties and ejections for helmet to helmet case.

Look.....Most of the Players/League are Whimps compared to the guys that played this game 30 years ago or longer. Last time I checked this was Tackle Football....a violent contact sport period!

First it was Spearing with the Helmet/Personal Foul.....Next it was Also Leading with Helmet in a Tackle/Personal Foul.....Now it's both plus Horse Collar/Personal foul....Nobody wants to see any players get hurt seriously but no matter how many rules you have it's gonna happen.

I happen to respect Brett's ability as a QB....though I think only a panty waist uses that Late Slide acting job to draw a flag. You take the chance of being hit hard when you slide late...then you should pay a price. Just take the hit...get up and get back to the huddle and move on.

These guys get Millions of dollars for the risks they take over the course of a game/season. The last thing they should get is BOLOGNA flags by the Refs to "Over-Protect" them. Let em play and don't sweat the small stuff like Hands to the face....ticky tack defensive holding...or contact down field. Can you imagine how some of the old school DBs....S....LBs....look at the rules today.
    It's shameful to witness some of the "Phantom Call" flags that get thrown tghese days...basically for nothing....and it happens all the time.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    I don't care if it was TJ Rubley cube on that play.... A QB getting hit in the head while sliding will get that call every single time. Especially since the Goodell made a point to inform everyone that shots to the head could result in ejections.. the refs are going to call it every stinking time.. Note the Monday night game.. hands to the face of Smith.. not even a hit, it drew a 15 yarder.

But I will agree that Favre gets his share of BS calls, no doubt.

Non-emotional input over.. continue with the Favre rant.
    The play was called helmet to helmet contact and there was none. It was a bad call, end of discussion.
    No, the call was for hitting a QB on the head, especially after he slid (though the slide was so late, the defenders had no chance to avoid him). Right afterwards (and before a replay was shown), the announcers were talking about the 'helmet to helmet' memo that Goodell sent out. I think they thought it was a helmet to helmet hit, but they corrected themselves after the replay. The refs never said anything about helmet to helmet.
    Correct, it wasn't helmet to helmet, but I guarantee that almost every single hit to the head from this point til the end of the year will be flagged. The pressure is getting put to the NFL with concussions in the media, and it will increase in the offseason. The NFL will make a big deal out of it for the remainder of the year.

Look at the people that will be talked about again this offseason, Trent Green will be the darling of the media again in regards to concussions. The NFL will try to make a case that they are being as active as possible to prevent them, thus the increase in penalties and ejections for helmet to helmet case.
    I like how you put the word almost in. Only if your name is Brett Farve.
    ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123