Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favre Hit

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Favre Hit

I must be missing something...I watched the entire game and I didn't see any Vikings hit any packers at any point during the game.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

favre is a pussy!

He wanted the penalty!!

He wanted everyone to see how tough he is...

He faked hurting his ankle the play before... he is pussy!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You know I wasn't gonna say anything and left this out of my observation post however.........

TJ gets speared/sandwiched (he should have slid) and nothing comes of it, however, let Lord Favreeeeeeee get tapped and the yellow flags come out.

Shamefull.
    What did you expect from the drama queen of the NFL. Were talking about a QB who many claim to be tough as nails, yet when he breaks his thumb (finger) he had to leave the field on a cart with a towel over his face.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    I don't care if it was TJ Rubley cube on that play.... A QB getting hit in the head while sliding will get that call every single time. Especially since the Goodell made a point to inform everyone that shots to the head could result in ejections.. the refs are going to call it every stinking time.. Note the Monday night game.. hands to the face of Smith.. not even a hit, it drew a 15 yarder.

But I will agree that Favre gets his share of BS calls, no doubt.

Non-emotional input over.. continue with the Favre rant.
    Goodell's letter talked about helmet to helmet hits only.
    That was barely a hit, and it definately wasn't helmet to helmet.
    Had that been about 20 other QBs, the flag wouldn't have been thrown.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    I don't care if it was TJ Rubley cube on that play.... A QB getting hit in the head while sliding will get that call every single time. Especially since the Goodell made a point to inform everyone that shots to the head could result in ejections.. the refs are going to call it every stinking time.. Note the Monday night game.. hands to the face of Smith.. not even a hit, it drew a 15 yarder.

The play was called helmet to helmet contact and there was none. It was a bad call, end of discussion.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

The play was called helmet to helmet contact and there was none. It was a bad call, end of discussion.
    No, the call was for hitting a QB on the head, especially after he slid (though the slide was so late, the defenders had no chance to avoid him). Right afterwards (and before a replay was shown), the announcers were talking about the 'helmet to helmet' memo that Goodell sent out. I think they thought it was a helmet to helmet hit, but they corrected themselves after the replay. The refs never said anything about helmet to helmet.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"josdin00" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

No, the call was for hitting a QB on the head, especially after he slid (though the slide was so late, the defenders had no chance to avoid him). Right afterwards (and before a replay was shown), the announcers were talking about the 'helmet to helmet' memo that Goodell sent out. I think they thought it was a helmet to helmet hit, but they corrected themselves after the replay. The refs never said anything about helmet to helmet.
    Correct, it wasn't helmet to helmet, but I guarantee that almost every single hit to the head from this point til the end of the year will be flagged. The pressure is getting put to the NFL with concussions in the media, and it will increase in the offseason. The NFL will make a big deal out of it for the remainder of the year.

Look at the people that will be talked about again this offseason, Trent Green will be the darling of the media again in regards to concussions. The NFL will try to make a case that they are being as active as possible to prevent them, thus the increase in penalties and ejections for helmet to helmet case.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Correct, it wasn't helmet to helmet, but I guarantee that almost every single hit to the head from this point til the end of the year will be flagged. The pressure is getting put to the NFL with concussions in the media, and it will increase in the offseason. The NFL will make a big deal out of it for the remainder of the year.

Look at the people that will be talked about again this offseason, Trent Green will be the darling of the media again in regards to concussions. The NFL will try to make a case that they are being as active as possible to prevent them, thus the increase in penalties and ejections for helmet to helmet case.
    If the NFL wants to reduce concussions, then they encourage QBs to slide earlier.
    Honestly, what would you have expected Udeze to do in that situation?
    When Fav-re started his "slide" Udeze was already airborne.
    Unless you want a 300 lbs man to suddenly learn how to fly, contact was going to be made.
    If the contact is unavoidable, or caused by the QB himself (especially in the Green incident) then there should not be a flag.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    If the NFL wants to reduce concussions, then they encourage QBs to slide earlier.
    Honestly, what would you have expected Udeze to do in that situation?
    When Fav-re started his "slide" Udeze was already airborne.
    Unless you want a 300 lbs man to suddenly learn how to fly, contact was going to be made.
    If the contact is unavoidable, or caused by the QB himself (especially in the Green incident) then there should not be a flag.
    Getting flagged an being the correct call are not going to be equal in this case. I agree the call was bogus, but if you think this is going to be the last flag of this nature, I think you will be disappointed.

I said it earlier, that was a bad call no doubt, but watch alot of the games, any shots to the head are getting called, especially this past weekend. Monday night Smith got hit with two open hands to the head and the defender was pulling up.. a flag was thrown. Jaws was like, this is a contact sport, that call was junk.

All I am saying, the NFL and the refs will be flagging heavy for it, no matter whom the QB is.

On the slide rule.. I say scrap the flipping thing, they are a football player. The RB don't have the same refuge to be able to slide, so why does a QB?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Pfh, I give credit to the Actor that is Brett Favre.
    I would have given him an Oscar for all that pain he was showing.
    I thought it was funny him holding his head and all, especially after seeing he wasn't even touched.
    I'd be the same way if a
    Vikings player did that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast