Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Favre has no friends

"AWZeus" wrote:
    Nice of you to disrespect Bob Kalsu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kalsu

=Z=
    No disrespect intended Zeus. Funny you mention Kalsu. I just heard of him for the first time about a month ago. Honest mistake.

[color=red]

Webbigale2002 is offline Training Camp

Error
    Daunte who?

Brett has definately been one of the greatest WARRIORS this game has even known. He, as an esteemed member of this site pointed out, has never missed an NFL game. That in itself is saying something. I respect the hell out of Brett for what he has accomplished in his career. He's taken his team to the Superbowl and is a Superbowl Champion.....can we make that claim?? He is an amazing player, and has been for an awefully long time, and I will be a sad day when he retires.....because I am a fan of football, not a Brett Favre hating homer. As far as bringing Pat Tillman into all of this as being the only "warrior" in the NFL, I cannot agree with that statement either. Pat is a "HERO" for sure, just as all of the men and women who have given their lives for what they believe to be right while fighting for this country are. I can say this because I too fought for our country during Desert Storm, and it takes a true Hero to give his life for what he believes in. The warriors are the ones who fight but are lucky enough to return with their lives still intact. This has nothing to do with a game in which we call football.
    Daunte who?

How does not missing a game make him a warrior if his style of play is running from any and all contact? One of many plays that comes to mind is when Biekert picked him off and brett ran out of bound away from Biekert when he could have made the tackle. What football warrior does that? What warrior flips the ball underhand five yrds past the line of scrimmage so he won't take a hit in a playoff game? Steve Young, Mcnair, and Elway are ten times the football warrior he is. Deion Sanders plays more physical than the warrior that is brett favre.

[color=red]

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    Nice of you to disrespect Bob Kalsu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kalsu

=Z=
    No disrespect intended Zeus. Funny you mention Kalsu. I just heard of him for the first time about a month ago. Honest mistake.
    Sorry - you just touched a nerve with me. You gotta respect, of course, the sacrifice of Pat Tillman - I just don't want people to forget Kalsu while they are remembering Tillman.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"MensaTice" wrote:
    How does not missing a game make him a warrior if his style of play is running from any and all contact? One of many plays that comes to mind is when Biekert picked him off and brett ran out of bound away from Biekert. What football warrior does that? What warrior flips the ball underhand five yrds past the line of scrimmage so he won't take a hit in a playoff game? Steve Young, Mcnair, and Elway are ten times the football warrior he is. Deion Sanders plays more physical than the warrior that is brett favre.
    Lots of big generalizations there, MT! Favre has played with numerous injuries during his streak - the kind of injuries which would shelve many QBs. Ducking out-of-bounds and avoiding the big hit is being smart when you're a QB. McNair might take big hits - but he also spends A LOT of time on the bench when his team could use him in the game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

It's simply how you define the word "warrior" i suppose. Kalsu was a true hero as well =Z=.
    Daunte who?

Ducking out of bounds is smart when you have the ball. When you can tackle the guy who picks you off, its chickensht.

[color=red]

Well then, he'll be a "chicksht" hall of famer then, WITH a superbowl ring.
    Daunte who?

"Oh no! Strahan is coming after me. I better take a knee so he doesn't hurt me!"

Being a football fan, you know the play I'm talking about. The first word that comes to mind when seeing that is warrior

[color=red]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast