Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    If Montana can leave the 49ers and play for the Chiefs at the end of his career then Brett can move on to another team as well.
    The only way he comes here is if he is released.
    The Pack will not trade him to anyone in the NFC North,
    maybe not to anyone in the NFC.

However TJ is our guy and I don't see Childress benching him when he is just now coming into his own as a QB according to player reports.
    And I don't see us signing him as a backup.
    Brett will want to start and for a lot of money where ever he goes.
    We are building for the future and Brett is a one or two season QB.
    I do not see him coming here unless TJ is injured badly during camp or something like that.
    There really is no room for him here.
    they wont trade him to anybody that they have to play for the next 2 regular seasons
    Nothing keeps an NFC North team or an NFC team from making a trade to whomever the Pack trades him to.
    that is true..i was thinking about that earlier, but then realizing that the price would be that much higher since that team wouldve already given up alot to get favre on their roster in the first place..i think any deal would be conditional however because he could just as easily refuse to play for whichever team he is dealt to
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"bono" wrote:
    I listened to some of Favre's interview w/ Greta, and I must say that I actually believe 100 of what he said. I think the Packers org. was rushing him to make a decision about his future, months ago, and now that Favre's saying he wants to return, they (specifically McCarthy) are now saying 'oh, if you would have told us to wait 'til training camp for a decision, we would have'. I THINK THAT'S A BUNCH OF GARBAGE! That's just to save their (Packers) butts b/c they know that the fans of the Packers and of the NFL (and world of sports, at large) are gonna have a field day if Favre doesn't return...and START! I feel like this "new" org. of Packers are totally disrespecting Favre. Why, if he returns, he has to play second fiddle to ANYBODY? This guy has put Green Bay on the map! He has put Green Bay BACK on prime time! He has impacted the world of sports in ways that other legends could never do! Why is he NOT getting the respect he deserves, and being able to START (like he's always done for the Packers) one more season, for the team he RESURRECTED?! Sorry, folks, but I'm upset right now. This irks me. Think of any other sport, and their legends of the game...would the Chicago Bulls have forced Michael Jordan to come of the bench after he first retired (and asked to come back)? NO! What about the NHL and Wayne Gretzke? COME ON! These guys would have never been so utterly disrespected like Favre has. The Packers are practically throwing this guy to wolves...and after all Favre did for those people! He's the one who filled up stadiums. He's the one who boosted prime time tv ratings. His jersey is the Packers' #1 seller. HE'S MR. SHOW TIME! This man has lived his life as an open book for the Packers and the NFL, and this is what he gets? He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. Who in their right mind would tell a LEGEND, a sheer HOF that he'll have to ride the bench if he wants to suit back up in the green and gold?
    Heck, why not let this guy go free, and move on to another team? I'm sure there are many, many teams who would throw away (that's right. I said THROW AWAY), their 1st round draft picks, and a couple of starters, for this guy, if only for him to suit up and PACK THEIR STADIUMS!
    Ooooooooooooooooooooh! > Now, I want more than ever, for Favre to sign w/ either the Vikings or Bears and BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE LAMBLOW QUACKERS this year! For once in a lifetime, fans in Green Bay will be BOOING their own team, and cheering on the opposing (i.e. the team w/ #4 on it). THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!
    First I find it amusing that someone who says they work in the sports media can't spell Wayne Gretzky. :
    Second Jordan and Gretzky didn't hum and haw for 2 years about retirement; go to the media and gripe that the team wasn't getting the free agents they wanted... then retire, then us their agent, mom, brother and reporter buddy to spread the news of itches and wanting out of the contractual obligations because the team hasn't made them feel welcome.

Gretzky sure didn't play those games so I guess that's why the NHL retired # 99, Favre isn't close to Gretsky, the NFL isn't going to retire # 4

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"olson_10" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    If Montana can leave the 49ers and play for the Chiefs at the end of his career then Brett can move on to another team as well.
    The only way he comes here is if he is released.
    The Pack will not trade him to anyone in the NFC North,
    maybe not to anyone in the NFC.

However TJ is our guy and I don't see Childress benching him when he is just now coming into his own as a QB according to player reports.
    And I don't see us signing him as a backup.
    Brett will want to start and for a lot of money where ever he goes.
    We are building for the future and Brett is a one or two season QB.
    I do not see him coming here unless TJ is injured badly during camp or something like that.
    There really is no room for him here.
    they wont trade him to anybody that they have to play for the next 2 regular seasons
    Nothing keeps an NFC North team or an NFC team from making a trade to whomever the Pack trades him to.
    that is true..i was thinking about that earlier, but then realizing that the price would be that much higher since that team wouldve already given up alot to get favre on their roster in the first place..i think any deal would be conditional however because he could just as easily refuse to play for whichever team he is dealt to
    I think Favre holds most of the cards. If the packers try to trade him to a team he does not like he can refuse to negotiate his contract. Eventually the Packers would either have to make a trade with a team in the division or release him and he signs with the division rival.
    I still feel like he might end up with the packers. But who knows.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

regardless of what you people say.. this team is 1 or 2 men away from being a contender. and the biggest hole we have is at qb. tarvaris' numbers speak for themselves. dont give me this garbage about player reports. people in jax are sayin troy is looking like a top receiver, yea... top receiver my a$$ that guy cant catch a ball even if it was handed to him.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

i admit that at the beginning of all of this escapade< that i was warming to the thought of Favre wearing purple (i think just more to have him have his jersey retired while sitting on the visiting side-line< sh*t would that rock)!! But after many conversations and reading< i have come to the conclusion that Favre is a selfish man! Football is unlike any sport, you spend 90% or more of the time preparing for games and at best 10% playing, Favre only wants to PLAY! He has not taken part in mini-camps or voluntary workouts for atleast 2 years (minus him showing up i believe last year to yuk it up and golf or something of that nature). I do understand
    that some guys get preferential treatment and i have no issue with that, however you must give back in other areas, e.i. mentor you eventual replacement??? All the talk of how he lived his life as an open book in green bay, i don't care (NO disrespect) that he had to deal with personal issues(father dying, wife sick, etc.). People go through this stuff all of the time (unfortunately), but to make him out to be some martyr has caused me more nauseation then i care to deal with. I really do not mean any disrespect to Brett Favre and his family however I have spoken with die-hard (smart(believe it or not) Packer fans and to a man they are convinced that favre has done one thing throughout all of this, he has tarnished his legacy, because no matter the outcome someone will be screwed, my guess is, it will be the fans that have been spilling their beer on the #4 jerseys for the last 17 years! as much as i hate em, it's just a stinky situation, and #4 has sh*t all over is devoted legion of fans! sorry to rant, but Brett Favre is a selfish dude!

"Sajid28" wrote:
    regardless of what you people say.. this team is 1 or 2 men away from being a contender. and the biggest hole we have is at qb. tarvaris' numbers speak for themselves. dont give me this garbage about player reports. people in jax are sayin troy is looking like a top receiver, yea... top receiver my a$$ that guy cant catch a ball even if it was handed to him.
    Well unless the Packer brass (13-3 and NFC championship game) know less then you (which i doubt), then why don't they bring him back and allow him to start there? as Aaron Rodgers is more of a project at this point in his career then TJ is, i find it funny that favre wouldn"t be good enough to start there (with qb uncertainty)
    but we NEED him> give it a rest!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Sajid28" wrote:
    I don't need any reports, I'll just tell you flat out... Tarvaris is going to be a beast this year.

You heard it here first.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Favre is a selfish, f-ing tool.
    Why any of you want this prima donna on our team is beyond me.
    He's always thought of himself as bigger than the franchise.
    I'll pass nd from the sounds of things, so would most of our players.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    Well unless the Packer brass (13-3 and NFC championship game) know less then you (which i doubt), then why don't they bring him back and allow him to start there? as Aaron Rodgers is more of a project at this point in his career then TJ is, i find it funny that favre wouldn"t be good enough to start there (with qb uncertainty)
    if the vikings drafted a qb in round 1 3 years ago then i would want favre to be out of the way cuz from what the packers saw of a.rodgers wasnt bad. in hindsight we picked up this guy in the late 2nd round and is a proven disaster from the start. he was never suppose to be a starter for any team imo

"Sajid28" wrote:
    "CanadaViking" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:

come on and give me some fact, you just make things up as you go!
    if the vikings drafted a qb in round 1 3 years ago then i would want favre to be out of the way cuz from what the packers saw of a.rodgers wasnt bad. in hindsight we picked up this guy in the late 2nd round and is a proven disaster from the start. he was never suppose to be a starter for any team imo

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast