Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

"V4L" wrote:
    Only reason why I wouldnt want him is cuz hes on the cover of madden

Stupid stupid madden curse
    Don't let it get to you it don't mean anything.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Packers are in the drivers seat. They don't have to do anything.
    I don't think they will unless they get a compelling trade offer.
    I think differently. They may be sitting in the drivers seat, but Favre's actions will be steering them. All Favre has to do is apply for reinstatement & GB has to fork over 12+ mil. They only have 3 options at that point. Put him on the roster, cut/release him or trade him away.

Does anyone think GB would waste 12 mil of cap space to have Favre ride the pine?

I don't. He'll force their hand.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Packers are in the drivers seat. They don't have to do anything.
    I don't think they will unless they get a compelling trade offer.
    I think differently. They may be sitting in the drivers seat, but Favre's actions will be steering them. All Favre has to do is apply for reinstatement & GB has to fork over 12+ mil. They only have 3 options at that point. Put him on the roster, cut/release him or trade him away.

Does anyone think GB would waste 12 mil of cap space to have Favre ride the pine?

I don't. He'll force their hand.
    Yes i agree, Why would you spend 12 mil of cap space for a back-up ?
    We're not even spending that for all of our current 4 Qb's together... ( given that we'll sign out rookie's soon )
    If Favre Reinstates himself they are not keeping him around
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Favre finally speaks for himself
    The Favre news must have died down a bit.

He first speaks now just to fuel the media again.

When it dwindles again, watch him apply for reinstatement.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

I listened to some of Favre's interview w/ Greta, and I must say that I actually believe 100 of what he said. I think the Packers org. was rushing him to make a decision about his future, months ago, and now that Favre's saying he wants to return, they (specifically McCarthy) are now saying 'oh, if you would have told us to wait 'til training camp for a decision, we would have'. I THINK THAT'S A BUNCH OF GARBAGE! That's just to save their (Packers) butts b/c they know that the fans of the Packers and of the NFL (and world of sports, at large) are gonna have a field day if Favre doesn't return...and START! I feel like this "new" org. of Packers are totally disrespecting Favre. Why, if he returns, he has to play second fiddle to ANYBODY? This guy has put Green Bay on the map! He has put Green Bay BACK on prime time! He has impacted the world of sports in ways that other legends could never do! Why is he NOT getting the respect he deserves, and being able to START (like he's always done for the Packers) one more season, for the team he RESURRECTED?! Sorry, folks, but I'm upset right now. This irks me. Think of any other sport, and their legends of the game...would the Chicago Bulls have forced Michael Jordan to come of the bench after he first retired (and asked to come back)? NO! What about the NHL and Wayne Gretzke? COME ON! These guys would have never been so utterly disrespected like Favre has. The Packers are practically throwing this guy to wolves...and after all Favre did for those people! He's the one who filled up stadiums. He's the one who boosted prime time tv ratings. His jersey is the Packers' #1 seller. HE'S MR. SHOW TIME! This man has lived his life as an open book for the Packers and the NFL, and this is what he gets? He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. Who in their right mind would tell a LEGEND, a sheer HOF that he'll have to ride the bench if he wants to suit back up in the green and gold?
    Heck, why not let this guy go free, and move on to another team? I'm sure there are many, many teams who would throw away (that's right. I said THROW AWAY), their 1st round draft picks, and a couple of starters, for this guy, if only for him to suit up and PACK THEIR STADIUMS!
    Ooooooooooooooooooooh! > Now, I want more than ever, for Favre to sign w/ either the Vikings or Bears and BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE LAMBLOW QUACKERS this year! For once in a lifetime, fans in Green Bay will be BOOING their own team, and cheering on the opposing (i.e. the team w/ #4 on it). THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"bono" wrote:
    I listened to some of Favre's interview w/ Greta, and I must say that I actually believe 100 of what he said. I think the Packers org. was rushing him to make a decision about his future, months ago, and now that Favre's saying he wants to return, they (specifically McCarthy) are now saying 'oh, if you would have told us to wait 'til training camp for a decision, we would have'. I THINK THAT'S A BUNCH OF GARBAGE! That's just to save their (Packers) butts b/c they know that the fans of the Packers and of the NFL (and world of sports, at large) are gonna have a field day if Favre doesn't return...and START! I feel like this "new" org. of Packers are totally disrespecting Favre. Why, if he returns, he has to play second fiddle to ANYBODY? This guy has put Green Bay on the map! He has put Green Bay BACK on prime time! He has impacted the world of sports in ways that other legends could never do! Why is he NOT getting the respect he deserves, and being able to START (like he's always done for the Packers) one more season, for the team he RESURRECTED?! Sorry, folks, but I'm upset right now. This irks me. Think of any other sport, and their legends of the game...would the Chicago Bulls have forced Michael Jordan to come of the bench after he first retired (and asked to come back)? NO! What about the NHL and Wayne Gretzke? COME ON! These guys would have never been so utterly disrespected like Favre has. The Packers are practically throwing this guy to wolves...and after all Favre did for those people! He's the one who filled up stadiums. He's the one who boosted prime time tv ratings. His jersey is the Packers' #1 seller. HE'S MR. SHOW TIME! This man has lived his life as an open book for the Packers and the NFL, and this is what he gets? He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. Who in their right mind would tell a LEGEND, a sheer HOF that he'll have to ride the bench if he wants to suit back up in the green and gold?
    Heck, why not let this guy go free, and move on to another team? I'm sure there are many, many teams who would throw away (that's right. I said THROW AWAY), their 1st round draft picks, and a couple of starters, for this guy, if only for him to suit up and PACK THEIR STADIUMS!
    Ooooooooooooooooooooh! > Now, I want more than ever, for Favre to sign w/ either the Vikings or Bears and BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE LAMBLOW QUACKERS this year! For once in a lifetime, fans in Green Bay will be BOOING their own team, and cheering on the opposing (i.e. the team w/ #4 on it). THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!
    Personally, I want Brett to be a Packer riding the pine.
    It's better than having him on the field for any team other than the Vikes.
    Anyway, if Brett is on the bench, it won't be for long.
    The Vikes are going to destroy Rodgers so bad in the first half of MNF, that the entire stadium will be booing McCarthy and the rest of the Pack.
    It will be the first fan riot against their OWN team.

LOL, it will be sooooo sweet to watch the Packers.
    Boy I wish I could be there.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If Montana can leave the 49ers and play for the Chiefs at the end of his career then Brett can move on to another team as well.
    The only way he comes here is if he is released.
    The Pack will not trade him to anyone in the NFC North,
    maybe not to anyone in the NFC.

However TJ is our guy and I don't see Childress benching him when he is just now coming into his own as a QB according to player reports.
    And I don't see us signing him as a backup.
    Brett will want to start and for a lot of money where ever he goes.
    We are building for the future and Brett is a one or two season QB.
    I do not see him coming here unless TJ is injured badly during camp or something like that.
    There really is no room for him here.

WWBGD

"bono" wrote:
    Have a Field Day? As in a pasture full of sheep?

Hell, they do that everyday & twice on Sundays anyways.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"RK." wrote:
    If Montana can leave the 49ers and play for the Chiefs at the end of his career then Brett can move on to another team as well.

However TJ is our guy and I don't see Childress benching him when he is just now coming into his own as a QB according to player reports.
    I do not see him coming here unless TJ is injured badly during camp or something like that.
    they wont trade him to anybody that they have to play for the next 2 regular seasons
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

they wont trade him to anybody that they have to play for the next 2 regular seasons
    Nothing keeps an NFC North team or an NFC team from making a trade to whomever the Pack trades him to.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast