Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115
  1. #101
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    [size=13pt]Let Favre play... far away[/size]

    Wednesday, Jul 16, 2008 - 12:07 AM

    By PAUL WOODY
    TIMES-DISPATCH COLUMNIST
    inrich.com



    Brett Favre went on television Monday night and attempted to explain why he announced his retirement in March and now wants to unretire.

    Finally, he said: "I hope people are hearing this and saying, 'OK, that clears it up.'"

    It doesn't, but that really doesn't matter....



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #102
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    [size=13pt]Brett Favre's Side of the Story, Part Two[/size]

    Updated: July 15, 2008 11:51 PM CDT

    By Chris Roth
    wbay.com



    Packers quarterback Brett Favre continues to defend his retirement and his decision to seek a return. He hopes fans will takes his side of the story into play...

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #103
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    [size=13pt]Favre thinks showing up at Packers camp 'tempting'[/size]

    ESPN.com news services

    Updated: July 16, 2008, 6:18 AM ET



    MILWAUKEE -- Brett Favre says he's tempted to show up at the Green Bay Packers' training camp just to call the team's "bluff."...


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #104
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre thinks showing up at Packers camp 'tempting'[/size]

    ESPN.com news services

    Updated: July 16, 2008, 6:18 AM ET



    MILWAUKEE -- Brett Favre says he's tempted to show up at the Green Bay Packers' training camp just to call the team's "bluff."...
    I can think of 12 million reasons why he should.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #105
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre thinks showing up at Packers camp 'tempting'[/size]

    ESPN.com news services

    Updated: July 16, 2008, 6:18 AM ET



    MILWAUKEE -- Brett Favre says he's tempted to show up at the Green Bay Packers' training camp just to call the team's "bluff."...
    I can think of 12 million reasons why he should.
    Beyond that, the LAST thing the PAckers want is Favre in training camp.

    To this point, due to Thompson's BS, the PAckers have attempted to trivialize this "come back".
    If they stnewall him long enough, he might go away, and all their problems go away with him.
    However, if he actaully goes to training camp, the controversy heats up even more.

    First, you'll have media pressure on the Packers to start or release Favre.
    The trade option is BS because the Peckers will simply try and bury him on a crap team....and Favre, the media, and the Favre-o-philes won't stand for that.

    Second, the fans will be screaming for Brett to start...and every time Rodgers is under center, no matter what he does, it will be, "Brett would have done it better".
    Likely, the continuous and increasing pressure will cause Rodgers to melt down, ruining him as a starter.

    Third, the rest of the team will be conflicted.
    They all know Favre and what he has brought to the table.
    No one knows what Rodgers can do.
    Not really.
    They want to win, Favre has been a winner, do the math.


    All these things are going on right now in a limited sense.
    If Favre actaully steps up and says, "I'm calling your bluff", watch for a Packer meltdown.
    They'll have to either sacrifice their "future starter", or try and slap down a legend.
    Either way, they lose.

    The smartest thing to do would be to release Favre right now.
    Minimize the damage and use the issue as an internal team motivator.
    But no one has ever accused Ted Thompson of being smart.
    Smart people don't pass on Randy Moss in consecutive years.

    Enjoy the circus.....I know I am.


    Caine

  6. #106
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    "Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre thinks showing up at Packers camp 'tempting'[/size]

    ESPN.com news services

    Updated: July 16, 2008, 6:18 AM ET



    MILWAUKEE -- Brett Favre says he's tempted to show up at the Green Bay Packers' training camp just to call the team's "bluff."...
    I can think of 12 million reasons why he should.
    Beyond that, the LAST thing the PAckers want is Favre in training camp.

    To this point, due to Thompson's BS, the PAckers have attempted to trivialize this "come back".
    If they stnewall him long enough, he might go away, and all their problems go away with him.
    However, if he actaully goes to training camp, the controversy heats up even more.

    First, you'll have media pressure on the Packers to start or release Favre.
    The trade option is BS because the Peckers will simply try and bury him on a crap team....and Favre, the media, and the Favre-o-philes won't stand for that.

    Second, the fans will be screaming for Brett to start...and every time Rodgers is under center, no matter what he does, it will be, "Brett would have done it better".
    Likely, the continuous and increasing pressure will cause Rodgers to melt down, ruining him as a starter.
    I agree with everything above except the bolded.
    I think you aren't giving the Packer fanbase enough credit.
    They know what Favre is doing and why, but the majority of them do not want him back.
    I think someone linked a poll somewhere from the Milwaukee Journal that proved that.
    If TT and MM start Rodgers, I think the fanbase will be more than happy about that versus starting Favre.
    Of course, except the Favre jock sniffers.

    "Caine" wrote:
    Third, the rest of the team will be conflicted.
    They all know Favre and what he has brought to the table.
    No one knows what Rodgers can do.
    Not really.
    They want to win, Favre has been a winner, do the math.


    All these things are going on right now in a limited sense.
    If Favre actaully steps up and says, "I'm calling your bluff", watch for a Packer meltdown.
    They'll have to either sacrifice their "future starter", or try and slap down a legend.
    Either way, they lose.

    The smartest thing to do would be to release Favre right now.
    Minimize the damage and use the issue as an internal team motivator.
    But no one has ever accused Ted Thompson of being smart.
    Smart people don't pass on Randy Moss in consecutive years.

    Enjoy the circus.....I know I am.


    Caine
    Mm Hmm..
    I DEFINITELY am.
    About time the Packers go through a circus and us Viking fans can point and laugh.
    I'm glad we don't have any of those anymore.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  7. #107
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    No matter what scenario unfolds, it will tear the fans/team apart.

    I'm loving it.

    Mark my words, in the next lull of the Favre news, he will apply for reinstatement & heat things up again.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #108
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    [size=13pt]Tampa Bay may not be high on Favre's list[/size]

    July 15, 2008

    tampabay.com


    Favre has recently told sources close to him that Tampa Bay was 'too hot,' and that he prefers to play and practice in cooler weather. That sounds rather strange from a guy who grew up and spends his summers in Mississippi....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #109
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    [size=13pt]Favre to petition NFL for reinstatement, source says[/size]

    He'll make move to force the Packers' hand

    By Pete Dougherty • [email protected] • July 16, 2008
    greenbaypressgazette.com



    Brett Favre is ready to make the next move in his face down with the Green Bay Packers and petition NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for reinstatement to the team's roster, which would leave the next move in the Packers' hands...

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #110
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Favre finally speaks for himself

    [size=13pt]Favre has no definite plans to apply for reinstatement[/size]

    ESPN.com news services
    sports.espn.go.com


    Updated: July 17, 2008, 1:45 AM ET


    If Brett Favre is really going to force a showdown with the Green Bay Packers, it won't happen right away, his agent told ESPN's Chris Mortensen...

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: Favre finally speaks for himself
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 06:07 PM
  2. Favre decision finally coming?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 02:43 PM
  3. CPep finally speaks on a variety of topics.
    By mnjamie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
  4. Favre Speaks.
    By smootpepper in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 08:00 AM
  5. finally someone siding with moss and against favre
    By WaltzingMewelde in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •