Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Favre faxes letter to NFL, seeks reinstatement

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Mark my words, Favre will be a Viking.

1) Greenbay is not going to pay him 12 million a year
    2) His agent and wife ill force him to make more noise and cause trouble one the bench.
    3) The packs do not want him on the bench because his name will be mentioned by the media everytime Rodgers throws an Int or fumble the ball.
    4) Favre cannot be traded because few teams are able to trade for his 12 million salary
    5) The teams that can trade for him, he won't play for( the bucs) and they have already been burned by a Retired Qb already.
    6) Unable to trade him and with a meda circus and Goodell on their doorstep, the Packs will cut him.
    7) He will then be free to sign where he wants to: Viking land.
    I sorta agree with except I could see him being traded then being traded back to the Vikings.
    I don't think we trade anything for him.
    We only take him if he is cut.
    That is what this stink is all about.
    He doesn't want to play for the teams that are allowed to trade for him.

Do we really want him that bad.
    If someone has to give up a draft pick for him, what are they going to ask us to give up for him.
    It ain't going to be a scrub.
    If someone trades for Favre, it is bacause they want him on their team.
    JMHO!

I was listening to Jerry Jones on Sirius and what he said wasn't new, but he said when you have a QB, it is time to put all the pieces around him.
    You have to do everything possible.
    JJ actually had a few really good things to say.
    I think I actually like the guy now. LOL!

Anyway, I don't think we trade for Favre.
    Favre has to approve the trade out of GB.
    If he goes somewhere else, he may not have the approval clause??
    All he has to do is tell the teams that are interested in him that he will retire if he ends up there, go back to the farm and throw footballs around.
    Does he? I saw a report on that where it said as long as he fits into the salary cap of the team they would trade him to, that he can't block it. Of course I read it on the net so it had to be true

One way or the other he can always refuse to show up, but where would that get him?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Two things can happen...
    1. They keep Favre around until it's too late for him to go somewhere else, (Like after the season gets started) then they release him.. The Vikes could pick him up then, no problem.
    2. He gets traded to the Bucs and the Bucs trade him to Minnesota. In the process Gruden PO's the Packers big time. Don't know if Gruden has the guts to do that.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

If I had to say where I think Favre ends up playing, I'de have to honestly say for Minnesota....Yup, you heard it right.
    I believe Favre will end up playing for us because of one reason and one reason only.
    What ever the NFL Poster Child Wants, the Poster Child Gets.
    I believe he's wanted to come here all along, and the Pack knew that, and I just have a feeling the Pack is going to give in at some point soon, and Favre will then jump ship and land on our deck.....

How do I feel about that, thats a whole different subject....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Of course I still go back to my post a week or so ago where I stated that if a team is found guilty of tampereing, that team cannot get that player for one year after they are found guilty. I still believe that is the rule. I could be wrong but I think it all hinges on the tampering charges against the Vikes whether or not they get Favre. It's the one fly in the ointment still to be resolved. And I think the Packers went for it just so he could not go to the Vikings.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

2) His agent and wife ill force him to make more noise and cause trouble one the bench.
    3) The packs do not want him on the bench because his name will be mentioned by the media everytime Rodgers throws an Int or fumble the ball.
    4) Favre cannot be traded because few teams are able to trade for his 12 million salary
    5) The teams that can trade for him, he won't play for( the bucs) and they have already been burned by a Retired Qb already.
    6) Unable to trade him and with a meda circus and Goodell on their doorstep, the Packs will cut him.
    I sorta agree with except I could see him being traded then being traded back to the Vikings.

If someone has to give up a draft pick for him, what are they going to ask us to give up for him.
    JMHO!

I was listening to Jerry Jones on Sirius and what he said wasn't new, but he said when you have a QB, it is time to put all the pieces around him.

All he has to do is tell the teams that are interested in him that he will retire if he ends up there, go back to the farm and throw footballs around.
    Does he? I saw a report on that where it said as long as he fits into the salary cap of the team they would trade him to, that he can't block it. Of course I read it on the net so it had to be true

One way or the other he can always refuse to show up, but where would that get him?
    According to this article...

[size=13pt]PACKERS, FAVRE WORKING OUT TRADE TERMS?[/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2008, 8:41 a.m. EDT

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN has reported that the Packers and Favre are talking about trade parameters, with the team cognizant of the fact that the Packers can’t trade him to a new team without Favre’s approval.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

JMHO!

According to this article...

[size=13pt]PACKERS, FAVRE WORKING OUT TRADE TERMS?[/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2008, 8:41 a.m. EDT

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN has reported that the Packers and Favre are talking about trade parameters, with the team cognizant of the fact that the Packers can’t trade him to a new team without Favre’s approval.
    Look at the date. If they were working on a trade....Lol, he would have gotten traded. There are even reports that he refuses to give them a name of teams he wants to play for.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

I wouldnt mind if he joins, I wouldnt mind if he dont. I mean I think he will give us a better chance to make it to the superbowl but then again the bears made it with grossman, and we are x2 better than what they were then. But they didnt win the superbowl, and if we get farve we HAVE to win the superbowl. Our starters are getting old and if we him it will just get older. Who knows how long we can keep all of these great players on the roster. We are already low on cash as it is, but we may can get him for the veterns min. Keep in mind he is on the madden cover
    even though I dont believe in curses that thing has been accurate. Anyways if we can get him, get em. If we have to trade something/someone big for him leave it. I believe in Tjack and think he will have a solid year. 16tds 11ints is my prediction

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Murphy heads south, asking Favre to stay home[/size]

By Rob Demovsky and Pete Dougherty • [email protected], [email protected] • July 29, 2008

The Green Bay Packers on Tuesday night sent team president and CEO Mark Murphy on a private plane to visit Brett Favre in Mississippi in an attempt to persuade the quarterback to stay home rather than report to training camp this week....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Will Favre or Packers blink first? [/size]

QB files for reinstatement; Murphy flies south to talk

By TOM SILVERSTEIN and GREG A. BEDARD
    [email protected]

Posted: July 29, 2008

Green Bay - If the Green Bay Packers can't find a trading partner willing to meet their demands and Brett Favre follows through on his decision to return to the National Football League, the future Hall of Fame quarterback could be in a green and gold uniform Friday playing backup to Aaron Rodgers....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

What's their problem with him coming to camp? The packers are making the drama even bigger... Just let him report to camp, then it's easier to deal with eachother, otherwise you get even more negative publicity.

The Packers FO is a big joke if you ask me !
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast