Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Favre faxes letter to NFL, seeks reinstatement

"Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    That article didn't say much.

Favre is winning this hand of poker.
    He has got them to the point he ultimately wanted, which is to open the trade talks to see if the Bears or Vikings would offer up something in trade.
    The next step is to see if the Bears and Vikes stall on this one with the chance of them cutting him.
    Then it is Favre's choice.
    If you are the Bears or Vikings and you want him, you have to offer a 3rd rounder.
    If the Pack wants anything for them, they have to count on the fact that the Bears and Vikings will compete for Favre.
    Assuming that Favre has been tampering with both teams to let them know that he would play for both, even though he is not suppose to be talking to them. LOL!

Will Favre be traded or released?
    You would have to presume the phone lines are lit up and Favre's agent is trying to get a battle going between the Bears and Vikings if any of that is true.
    Which of those teams is willing to give up something in a trade?
    My guess is nothing will be worked out and Favre will be a free agent, if the deadline is really 5 p.m. today.
    That's the best case for Favre himself, then he can let his agent to the finagling.
    Will be fun to watch.

Cojo, I agree.
    Would be hilarious.
    The first game of the season at Lambeau would get SB ratings.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. ESPN kept reporting over the weekend that the situation should be taken care of by Tuesday... now it's Thursday and still nothing.

Guys... I hate to say it... but Favre is going to be a Viking.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

He has got them to the point he ultimately wanted, which is to open the trade talks to see if the Bears or Vikings would offer up something in trade.
    The next step is to see if the Bears and Vikes stall on this one with the chance of them cutting him.
    If you are the Bears or Vikings and you want him, you have to offer a 3rd rounder.
    If the Pack wants anything for them, they have to count on the fact that the Bears and Vikings will compete for Favre.
    Assuming that Favre has been tampering with both teams to let them know that he would play for both, even though he is not suppose to be talking to them. LOL!

You would have to presume the phone lines are lit up and Favre's agent is trying to get a battle going between the Bears and Vikings if any of that is true.
    My guess is nothing will be worked out and Favre will be a free agent, if the deadline is really 5 p.m. today.
    That's the best case for Favre himself, then he can let his agent to the finagling.
    Will be fun to watch.

Cojo, I agree.
    Would be hilarious.
    There is no way Cook is even entertaining thoughts of the Bears.
    The bears may have a good (not great) D, but they cut their starting RB because he couldn't stay out of trouble, and their #1 WR is Deven Hester.
    They are very much where the Vikings were last year, minus AD.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    We are not going to get him and we don't need him.

All we would end up with is a media circus and a break in the continuity that we have been building all offseason.

If the staff is not sold enough on Jackson that they would put him on the back burner this close to the season for a player who has never played a down in our system then we damn well should have done something earlier in the year and gotten things in order before camp started.

If he stays in the division, I would rather see him in Chicago so we can beat him 2 times a year there and still beat the Packers 2 other times besides.
    what do you propsose we should have done?
    Pick up a top tier FA quarterback?
    oops, there aren't any.
    Trade for one?
    Not many teams are willing to trade their franchise qb.
    I hightly doubt that Favre would even want to go to Chicago.
    He refused to talk to the bucs, who are a better team than the Bears, why would he want to play in Chicago where he has literally no weapons on offense except for a 1st round TE who might be ok this year.
    I have spelled out many times my thoughts. I am not going to do it again. There have been options.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Will be fun to watch.

Cojo, I agree.
    Would be hilarious.
    There is no way Cook is even entertaining thoughts of the Bears.
    The bears may have a good (not great) D, but they cut their starting RB because he couldn't stay out of trouble, and their #1 WR is Deven Hester.
    They are very much where the Vikings were last year, minus AD.
    I doubt it too, meaning Favre will be a FA by the time the sun hits the sea.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    if that happens, do you think that first game woudl get the highest ratings for an nfl game ever?
    I would have to say yes... I mean, what currently stands as the highest rated? Anyone know?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    We are not going to get him and we don't need him.

All we would end up with is a media circus and a break in the continuity that we have been building all offseason.

If the staff is not sold enough on Jackson that they would put him on the back burner this close to the season for a player who has never played a down in our system then we gol 'darnit well should have done something earlier in the year and gotten things in order before camp started.

If he stays in the division, I would rather see him in Chicago so we can beat him 2 times a year there and still beat the Packers 2 other times besides.
    what do you propsose we should have done?
    Pick up a top tier FA quarterback?
    oops, there aren't any.
    Trade for one?
    Not many teams are willing to trade their franchise qb.
    I hightly doubt that Favre would even want to go to Chicago.
    He refused to talk to the bucs, who are a better team than the Bears, why would he want to play in Chicago where he has literally no weapons on offense except for a 1st round TE who might be ok this year.
    Yep, we didn't have many options other than to go with TJ this year.
    That was the "most" attractive option.

To me it doesn't slap TJ in the face.
    It would be different if we picked Daunte back up and named him the starter with out having him compete against TJ for the job.
    Or if we coaxed Trent Green out of concussion land to be our starter, but we are talking about a QB that is a first ballot HOF guy that still has an arm, unlike Joe Montana when he was traded to KC.
    They had to put a rubberband on JM and wind it up for him to even get the ball 10 yrds.
    Anyways, TJ should feel lucky that he would get to pick the brain, obviously small at that, of Favre for an entire season.
    Yes TJ would be disappointed but it isn't totally bad for him, glass half full scenario.
    Montana had a great year when he went to KC.

Hell, he even led them to victory over the 9ers.

Don't say options were not there because they were. We just didn't go after them. Would they have been successful? Who knows, but there is no guarantee getting him would work either.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

you still never said what the options you would consider are?

Remember, they tried going after Sage Rosenfels.
    The only other qb available that could have given TJ a run for his money was Billy Volek.
    This isn't madden, you can't make a team trade any player you want.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    if that happens, do you think that first game woudl get the highest ratings for an nfl game ever?
    I would have to say yes... I mean, what currently stands as the highest rated? Anyone know?
    madden would probably pop an artery in his forehead over that scenario.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Will be fun to watch.

Cojo, I agree.
    Would be hilarious.
    If you haven't read these articles, you have to......

Packers say one thing and do another...
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46615.0

Where did this get the Packers?
    They brought the circus to town anyway when the were actually trying to stop the circus from coming to town.
    TT must be deadly afraid of clowns.

Will it be good in the GB history to say they traded BF for a 5th round pick or 3rd round conditional pick?
    The only way this is good is if the football gods smile upon them and they get Tom Brady type player.
    Chances of that are slim.

Could it have been better for their history to say the amicably parted ways to move on with youth?

TT should be fired.
    The only way shouldn't get fired is if AR is a top 3 QB this year.
    Give or take a few spots.
    Oh hell, fire him anyway because he botched this whole deal. "Brett, you can't show up to camp, you'll get me fired." LOL, grow a pair.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Will be fun to watch.

Cojo, I agree.
    Would be hilarious.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. ESPN kept reporting over the weekend that the situation should be taken care of by Tuesday... now it's Thursday and still nothing.

Guys... I hate to say it... but Favre is going to be a Viking.
    I agree with you there... I have a feeling that Fav-re will be in purple this year.
    It doesn't make me want to throw up, but I am not exactly jumping up and down either...

My view - Fav-re would be a temporary improvement over TJack.
    But he would not be SO much of an improvement that we would automatically be in the SB.
    I think we will make the playoffs with either QB.
    And given Fav-re playoff record...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast