Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    daredevil25 is offline Rookie

Favre Family In More Heartache

Favre's brother-in-law killed in ATV accident

NFL.com wire reports

SUMRALL, Miss. (Oct. 6, 2004) -- The brother-in-law of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre died after crashing an all-terrain vehicle on the player's property.

Casey Tynes, 24, the brother of Favre's wife, Deanna, was riding the ATV without a helmet when it flipped, Lamar County Sheriff Danny Rigel said. Tynes suffered head injuries, was transported to Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg at 6 p.m. and was pronounced dead 20 minutes later, Deputy Coroner Randy Beck said.

The Favre family did not immediately issued a statement.

"They're pretty shook up," Rigel said.

In Green Bay, Favre skipped practice, still feeling the effects of a concussion. He was injured Oct. 3 when the New York Giants' William Joseph tackled him, and the quarterback's head hit the ground.

Last December, Irving Favre, the quarterback's father, died of a heart attack or stroke while driving near his home in Kiln. His car ran into a ditch, but authorities said the crash did not kill him.

Brett played the next night in Oakland and had one of his best performances of his career. He threw for 399 yards and four touchdowns, leading the Packers to a crucial 41-7 victory against the Raiders.

Officials said Tynes' body was being taken to University Medical Center in Jackson for an autopsy.

fan4favre is offline Starter

Re: Favre Family In More Heartache

:cry:

Expect another fabulous game! You can bet on it. (if he even plays)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

My sympathies go out to his family...even though I still want the Vikes to beat the crap out of the Pack when they meet!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Its sad to hear, this type of thing happens to families everyday across the united states.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Favre Family In More Heartache

"fan4favre" wrote:
    :cry:

Expect another fabulous game! You can bet on it. (if he even plays)
    Could be since its on a monday nighter again right after a tragedy. Coincidence? Especially since its against a week titan secondary, much like last years raiders.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Lonie59 is offline Training Camp

The media fixation with Favre's performance after tragedy has to stop. Favre is not the the only athelete that deals with tragedy. Everyone deals with tragedy.

The big question is how shallow is Favre's gene pool? I would take the car keys away from anyone in Favre's family now! His father died in an car crash (they said it was caused by a stroke. I'm betting brought on by booze). His brother killed someone while driving drunk. His brother in law dies on an ATV (autopsy pending, I'm betting booze involved).

His sister did time for shoplifting. Not a driving incident but does reflect on the shallow gene pool.

Favre is a great quarteback coming to the end of his career. He is not a saint. Once again Packer fans will need to get use to losing. Favre will quit after this year due to injuries and poor team performance. You can take that to the bank.
    "A friend in need... is a pest" (Wicked Nick Bockwinkle)

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

"Lonie59" wrote:
    The media fixation with Favre's performance after tragedy has to stop. Favre is not the the only athelete that deals with tragedy. Everyone deals with tragedy.

The big question is how shallow is Favre's gene pool? I would take the car keys away from anyone in Favre's family now! His father died in an car crash (they said it was caused by a stroke. I'm betting brought on by booze). His brother killed someone while driving drunk. His brother in law dies on an ATV (autopsy pending, I'm betting booze involved).

His sister did time for shoplifting. Not a driving incident but does reflect on the shallow gene pool.

Favre is a great quarteback coming to the end of his career. He is not a saint. Once again Packer fans will need to get use to losing. Favre will quit after this year due to injuries and poor team performance. You can take that to the bank.
    What an absoultly ignorant, insensitive thing to say.... absolutly pathetic
    3 Straight Division Champs

Ignorant? Not. Insensitive? Possibly. True? ABSOLUTELY!

Pathetic is Packer fans atribution of Gods intervention for thier team. Reggie White getting healed prior to a play-off game or Erv Favre looking donw and helping the Packers win.

Pathetic.

Ignorant? Not. Insensitive? Possibly. True? ABSOLUTELY!

Pathetic is Packer fans atribution of Gods intervention for thier team. Reggie White getting healed prior to a play-off game or Erv Favre looking donw and helping the Packers win.

Pathetic.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    "Lonie59" wrote:

What an absoultly ignorant, insensitive thing to say.... absolutly pathetic

Lonie59, there are not many times that me and Packman agree but this is one of them.

I hate to say you are a Viking fan! I try and believe that most Viking fans are at least human, but you are not!

To take shots at someone that lost a family member is insensitive and pathetic which makes you a poor excuse for a human being!!! :evil:

I have never asked Webby to ban someone but I would like to see you gone and never return!!!!

ps. IDIOT I have meet Nick B, he was preforming an act you stupid moron! He was a nice guy, and he would have smacked you around for what you said about someone that just lost a family member (dumb ass)!
    :rabbit: da; which way did he go? stupid hick
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast