Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laujesse is offline Starter

Favre "certain" Moss will be a Packer

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/13/report-brett-favre-certain-randy-moss-will-be-a-packer/

All you Moss haters can start craping your pants now.
    ;D
    Tom Powers < Hetero

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Favre "certain" Moss will be a Packer

Moss has had his better days. Favre is an idiot to top it all off. If he gets a receiver like Moss, he will think he has to force him the ball in triple coverage every time. This is why Favre usually leads the league in picks.

It won't be long before Moss does something to upset Favre and then look out!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"baumy300" wrote:
    Moss has had his better days. Favre is an idiot to top it all off. If he gets a receiver like Moss, he will think he has to force him the ball in triple coverage every time. This is why Favre usually leads the league in picks.

It won't be long before Moss does something to upset Favre and then look out!
    Wake up Moss, Driver, and Jennings. The Pack would have one of the best receiver corps in the NFL. Sorry to tell you this Moss has done nothing since leaving Minnesota and has a ton of football left in him. I for one DO NOT want to see this trade get done.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, Moss makes perfect sense for a QB like Favre.
    I agree he will try and force his passes to him.
    However, in this case it's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Favre has made a living forcing passes.
    He has a lot of INTs because of it but he also has a lot of TDs.
    Moss loves to have the ball thrown his way.
    When that doesn't happen he complains.
    Therefore with Favre forcing him passes he has no reason to complain.
    Moss would have every opportunity to prove himself and once again become an elite WR in the league.
    Unfortunately he hasn't had that in Oakland and his productivity
    has dropped.

I hope it doesn't happen but this is something that can rejuvinate Moss' career.
    The good news if this happens is Favre will only be around a short time so I don't see him being a Packer for too long without becoming his same old complaining self.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Anyone remember a troubled player going to Philly because he wanted to play with a certain QB there? This seems all too similar to the McNabb/Owens deal.

At first both were in 7th heaven, then not even a full season later, they were at each others throats and one of them had to leave town. It just won't work. Moss couldn't exist with Porter, he is not going to be happy splitting catches with Driver and Jennings either.

The Packers are just going to spend huge money on Moss like they did for Woodson, and have it end up ruining their team in the long run. They may get far like the Eagles for one season, but after that, they will be in ruins.

It's the whole "sell your soul to the devil" thing people were saying when teams took T.O.

Moss isn't as bad as T.O., but then again, Ted Bundy wasn't as bad as Hitler.

Pick your poison Green Bay.

laujesse is offline Starter

Yeah sure Baumy300, but Favre doesn't plan on being around long, and the first year TO and McNabb were paired together what did they do? They went to the superbowl.
    I don't think Moss is poison like TO but that is a neverending debate I am not willing to have.

There is no way this works out good for the vikes... It could come to be not enough to beat us, but it cannot be a good thing.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[img width=308 height=447]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Moss_Packer.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"baumy300" wrote:
    Anyone remember a troubled player going to Philly because he wanted to play with a certain QB there? This seems all too similar to the McNabb/Owens deal.

At first both were in 7th heaven, then not even a full season later, they were at each others throats and one of them had to leave town. It just won't work. Moss couldn't exist with Porter, he is not going to be happy splitting catches with Driver and Jennings either.

The Packers are just going to spend huge money on Moss like they did for Woodson, and have it end up ruining their team in the long run. They may get far like the Eagles for one season, but after that, they will be in ruins.

It's the whole "sell your soul to the devil" thing people were saying when teams took T.O.

Moss isn't as bad as T.O., but then again, Ted Bundy wasn't as bad as Hitler.

Pick your poison Green Bay.
    Where did you hear this?
    I think Porter and Moss get along just fine.

"singersp" wrote:
    [img width=308 height=447]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Moss_Packer.jpg[/img]
    Singer, I can't stand to see that.
    That is like the worst picture ever
    ;D

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The only problem is that the Raiders and the Packers haven't been able to strike a deal for compensation. Our guess is that the logjam will break once the draft approaches
    The trade has just become final

Packers get: Randy Moss and Al Davis' oxygen tanks

Raiders get: as box of cheese and 4 used goats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast